MAC Cosmetics Lipliner in Soar

MAC Cosmetics Lipliner in Soar
Lipliner in Soar

4.6

Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Rhus Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 20, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 8/23/2018 2:58:00 PM

this is my HG of the year for rosy natural pouty lip look.

So i actually had bought this a few years back and returned it thinking whirl looked better. i was wrong. Now that ive been more in tune with my skintone and testing out lighting and colors ive grown to love cool rosey lips on me. I was very into the hype of velvet teddy and whirl as a lip combo and just went with it. I didnt realize how brown and dark whirl pulled on my nc20 c1 to c2 neutral skin until i began to wear whirl on its own. it just looked dark and harsh. I had gotten my hands on soar again to replace whirl and i gotta say im really liking how it looks now on me than the first time. it gives me a classy put together look without too much attention to my lips but also it brightens up my face better than whirl. Soar gives me that natural nice healthy pout that i wish i was born with lol my natural lip color is on the pale side of pink. When im in a rush but want some color, id put on carmex and line my lips and blend it to together so it melts onto my lips and i get an effortless rosy stained look. Its not drying at all like how my whirl was, maybe because its summer atm but its creamy and blends really easily. I still love and use velvet teddy and i feel this helps that lipstick look less brown and more pink which i prefer. this liner works well with nyx butter gloss in tres leches also. its def a mlbb and has become a staple in my collection

My natural rosey healthy lip routine is
Frank body lip scrub
Benefit benetint
Soar lipliner
Top it off with carmex

on 8/1/2018 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my #1 lip liner!!! will be repurchasing this forever
stays on literally all day. love MAC lip products.

on 4/14/2018 7:23:00 AM

Bought this as the MAC lady matched it up the the nearest colour of my lips. It’s more of a pink colour rather than nude. I wouldn’t buy again just because I don’t really wear pink lipsticks and I found out I didn’t like wearing this liner alone

on 4/10/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My first MAC lipliner and basically the only lipliner I care to use. Soar is a perfect color on my lips -- it matches them almost 100%. I wear it under lip products that don't last super-long on me, because it holds the color longer. Yes, it can be drying, but that's the price you pay for longevity. I expect this pencil to last a long time and I think the price is fair for what you get. I would definitely repurchase this lipliner.

Great colour for basically any lipstick. I even use it under reds to fill in the shape of my lip before using a red liner. It's a perfect match for Mehr lipstick and that's my go-to for work or class. These pencils all last forever (I've had Whirl, which is Use basically every day for over 2 years) so they're really worth it.

on 7/18/2017 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is sooooo drying on the lips and the colour was way to dark for me and my fair skin. Totally over hyped product and ended up selling mine and would never repurchase.

on 7/18/2017 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I ordered this and a Charlotte Tillbury pencil in "Pillow Talk." If you are fair, like me, you may find that this Mac pencil in "Soar" is too dark and kind of rusty-red looking. I fear that my lipstick would fade off and leave me with the dreaded "pencil outline" in an orange-y, rusty shade rimming my lips in all of it's obvious glory. I just don't care for it and will probably wind up pitching it after I've owned it for awhile without ever using it like so MANY cosmetics I have purchased in the past. I may try it with some fall colors....

on 2/26/2017 5:52:00 AM

Amazing colour for Indian skin

on 12/4/2016 8:23:00 PM

This lipliner's unique colour, durability, texture speak for itself.. I was looking for a long time for that perfect nude-pink lip liner which will set on like a house on fire with my NC15 skin tone.. alas most of the nude-pink lip liners out there were either too brown or too pink.. And the balance was gathered to this lip liner. Definitely a must-have for all the fair skinned ladies out there.. it is ideal for an office look till a night smokey makeup look.

on 7/16/2016 11:05:00 PM

This is my (and I know, a thousand others) go-to lip pencil. It is a beautiful mid-toned pinky-brown (more pink than brown. If you want the other way around, that is, more brown than pink then Whirl would be your choice) This pencil can be worn with so many lipsticks. I love transforming a lipstick with a liner. It gives you so many options. I also love this color so much that I frequently just use it by itself or with a clear gloss on top. The formula is great. Not too soft, it defines your lips beautifully. But not to hard either. If you were to get one lip liner from MAC it would be this one or Whirl, depending on your preference.

Popular Lip Liners