China Glaze Ruby Pumps

China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 3/25/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this nail polish! A true sexy red with lots of micro-glitter (shimmer). So mesmerizing. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. I especially love wearing this color around Christmas. After two coats, it is perfect. Since it's a red, make sure to apply a base coat (to prevent staining). This color seems to get lots of good reviews too. I see a few bad reviews that say it chips. I never had this problem, but I always wear a good top coat over it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I haven't used China Glaze for about 10 years. I used to love these polishes, they've usually lasted 10 days without chipping.
Well, time passed and I no longer have the same experience. I was surprised how inafficient the brush is. It is very long and very narrow. I do need 4 parallel strokes to cover any of my nails, need 5 for my thumbs! I think those who have tiny toenails will enjoy using it, can't imagine anyone enjoy applying it on their hands...
Then I got two chips in 12 hours after application 😳
Never again China Glaze!

on 3/21/2017 11:19:00 AM

I'm not sure why the good reviews, because on me this nail polish sucks big time!
It does look ok right after I apply it, but very quickly becomes kind of matte and loses its gel-like appearance.
The color is ok, nothing unique. I do like the glitter in it, but for whatever reason it doesn't make up for the blah product.
But the worst is its lasting power. It chips so quickly, it's not funny. Especially at the tips of my nails. I usually get about a week wear out of my polishes, but with this one I can barely get 2 full days!

Poor quality, I won't rebuy and will stay away from this brand.

on 2/3/2017 8:22:00 PM

What can I say that others haven't! Wore this for the first time in a long time and I realized how much I loved it and just wanted to give it 5 stars!! Color is beautiful, formula is great, brush is perfect for me.
Base, two coats, and Seche Vite top coat - day five - no chips, minimal tip wear.
If you haven't tried it don't hesitate.You won't be disappointed!

on 1/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this colour! It is bright, glittery and looks so good on my nails especially under spotlights. I wear this year round and I always go back to this colour especially for occasion like weddings and dinners.

This is such a fun color, reminds me of some glamorous Vegas showgirl haha I wear it year round, just gorgeous.

on 7/12/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This polish is fantastic. I have been wearing it for the past 8 days with minimal chipping. I apply it with no base coat and then Seche on top which makes it sparkle and shine 10 times more than on its own. I usually like my nails long but this looks SO adorable with short, squared nails. This is great polish. It is dark, ruby red like Dorothy's slippers in the Wizard of Oz. It sparkles so much .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just had a salon pedicure and chose this shade for my toenail polish. I know this is a classic, much-loved shade from China Glaze and I can certainly see why. My toes look so lovely - the perfect classic red with a beautiful glitter that sparkles in the sunshine. I honestly don't want to wear any close toed shoes. If I can find this for sale anywhere (the nail salon doesn't sell it), I will absolutely buy a bottle.

I got this just because I liked the color,not aware that it was a cult classic . as many before me have said, not a big fan of red.makes the sensitive skin on my hands look even redder, tire quickly of looking at the color, etc.It's a pretty color though.and a good quality nail polish. 2 coats plus base and topcoat and lasts several days. I usually use 2 coats of topcoat with this.you can really make it special with a red glitter topcoat! Also I think it looks great year round, red is a classic. Don't save for Christmas!

on 3/29/2016 3:18:00 AM

I've been wearing this particular shade on my toes for 10 years. I may try a trendy shade, here or there, but I always come back to this one! All time favorite nail polish! Cult Classic for sure

Popular Polishes