China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 4/15/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bold, sparkly, versatile red polish. It's a classic red, slightly cooler than neutral, and SUCH lovely glitter! This was originally part of a Wizard-of-Oz themed set, so imagine Dorothy's ruby slippers, but with super-fine microglitter. If you're a fan of OPI's INRAW, but you want shimmery sparkle, this is your jam.

Note: I say Ruby Pumps is versatile b/c it can be painted over other colours to drastically alter the shade and tone of red. Craving a deep rich RV red with shimmer? Start with a layer of your fave purple or wine. (OPI's Skyfall is SO lovely.) Want to go gothic or space-aged? Start with a grey-blue or teal. Want a light, tinsel-y effect? Apply 1 coat of Ruby Pumps over metallic silver or pearl! (This is a great way to use tricky silvers shades that get streaky on their own. The red holo-glitter hides imperfections.) Added perk of this strategy is that you avoid staining your nails, and your 1st layer of polish is WAY more forgiving of imperfect application. This is my favourite way to use Ruby Pumps, finished wth a super-glossy topcoat.

TLDR; Ruby Pumps is a versatile red with fine red sparkle. The sparkle is dense. The base is more jelly than cream. If you're not sure what kind of red works w/ your skintone, this can be painted over top of any other polish for amazing control over undertones. It does require a topcoat to feel finished, and like all sparkles, removal requires extra patience. But I love this polish! It's the most lovely and versatile red I own.

on 2/19/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The official December - February nail polish of basic bitches in the northern hemisphere. Hey, I'm not knocking it -- I count myself among them. Who doesn't love Friends reruns, breton stripes, and having ridiculously sparkly red nails to cheer you up when the weather gets gloomy? Especially when these sparkly red nails last nearly a week before chipping.

Obviously, because this is both glittery and red, it'll stain if used without base coats and will 100% test your patience when trying to take it off with regular strength nail polish remover. I think it's worth it. It's just so irresistibly cheerful and sparkly!

on 10/20/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Been my favorite red glitter for 10 years. I get more ooooohs and aaaaahs from strangers with this color than any other polish I own, and I have far too many polishes, lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I don't really understand the super positive reviews because I found this product to be extremely difficult to apply on the nails. I love the color, a deep red apple (similar to Essie Big Apple) and not too coral with a bit of glitter. And the color looked great right after I applied it But it lost it's shine, like gel polish, about 24 hours after I applied it. It also chipped soon after, like 3 days so that's a big disappointment. I hope they take my review and try to improve the duration of the shine and application because there'a so much potential!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ruby pumps .

on 3/25/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this nail polish! A true sexy red with lots of micro-glitter (shimmer). So mesmerizing. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. I especially love wearing this color around Christmas. After two coats, it is perfect. Since it's a red, make sure to apply a base coat (to prevent staining). This color seems to get lots of good reviews too. I see a few bad reviews that say it chips. I never had this problem, but I always wear a good top coat over it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I haven't used China Glaze for about 10 years. I used to love these polishes, they've usually lasted 10 days without chipping.
Well, time passed and I no longer have the same experience. I was surprised how inafficient the brush is. It is very long and very narrow. I do need 4 parallel strokes to cover any of my nails, need 5 for my thumbs! I think those who have tiny toenails will enjoy using it, can't imagine anyone enjoy applying it on their hands...
Then I got two chips in 12 hours after application 😳
Never again China Glaze!

on 3/21/2017 11:19:00 AM

I'm not sure why the good reviews, because on me this nail polish sucks big time!
It does look ok right after I apply it, but very quickly becomes kind of matte and loses its gel-like appearance.
The color is ok, nothing unique. I do like the glitter in it, but for whatever reason it doesn't make up for the blah product.
But the worst is its lasting power. It chips so quickly, it's not funny. Especially at the tips of my nails. I usually get about a week wear out of my polishes, but with this one I can barely get 2 full days!

Poor quality, I won't rebuy and will stay away from this brand.

on 2/3/2017 8:22:00 PM

What can I say that others haven't! Wore this for the first time in a long time and I realized how much I loved it and just wanted to give it 5 stars!! Color is beautiful, formula is great, brush is perfect for me.
Base, two coats, and Seche Vite top coat - day five - no chips, minimal tip wear.
If you haven't tried it don't hesitate.You won't be disappointed!

on 1/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this colour! It is bright, glittery and looks so good on my nails especially under spotlights. I wear this year round and I always go back to this colour especially for occasion like weddings and dinners.

Popular Polishes