China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 7/12/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This polish is fantastic. I have been wearing it for the past 8 days with minimal chipping. I apply it with no base coat and then Seche on top which makes it sparkle and shine 10 times more than on its own. I usually like my nails long but this looks SO adorable with short, squared nails. This is great polish. It is dark, ruby red like Dorothy's slippers in the Wizard of Oz. It sparkles so much .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just had a salon pedicure and chose this shade for my toenail polish. I know this is a classic, much-loved shade from China Glaze and I can certainly see why. My toes look so lovely - the perfect classic red with a beautiful glitter that sparkles in the sunshine. I honestly don't want to wear any close toed shoes. If I can find this for sale anywhere (the nail salon doesn't sell it), I will absolutely buy a bottle.

To Read all 393 Reviews, Login or Join

I got this just because I liked the color,not aware that it was a cult classic . as many before me have said, not a big fan of red.makes the sensitive skin on my hands look even redder, tire quickly of looking at the color, etc.It's a pretty color though.and a good quality nail polish. 2 coats plus base and topcoat and lasts several days. I usually use 2 coats of topcoat with this.you can really make it special with a red glitter topcoat! Also I think it looks great year round, red is a classic. Don't save for Christmas!

on 3/29/2016 3:18:00 AM

I've been wearing this particular shade on my toes for 10 years. I may try a trendy shade, here or there, but I always come back to this one! All time favorite nail polish! Cult Classic for sure

on 12/23/2015 8:18:00 AM

Ruby Pumps, by China Glaze is my all time favorite red nail polish. I don't usually wear reds, but for Christmas through New Year's and Valentine's Day this is my go to polish.
The polish is a true deep red, heavily sparkled in a jelly formula. It goes on evenly, the consistency is great, 2 coats give superior coverage. I use Seche Vite as a top coat and it lasts for a week.
For a red without glitter, OPI's tried and true Big Apple is fabulous.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i want to wear this nail polish and only this nail polish for the rest of my life

on 11/1/2015 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

China Glaze knocked it out of the park with this one!

I have been using CG Ruby Pumps for several years and it is absolutely fabulous. It is a darkish kind of true red with heavy red glitter that is evenly distributed throughout the jelly formula. Two coats to full opacity. It is stunning at all times but particularly stunning when the light hits it, which makes it look like it's on fire! No joke, it really does look like Dorothy's slippers in the Wizard of Oz.

Red is my favourite colour but I am very particular about the kind of red and this is the perfect shade/hue of red. I am often complimented on this polish and absolutely love it during the Christmas holidays and up to February cuz it is perfect for Valentine's Day too. During other times of the year my two favourite reds are OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress and OPI Red Hot Rio. They are also the right (perfect) reds.

I get great wear out of this polish. I use a good base coat and top coat and I reapply the top coat every night to extend the life of my manicure as much as possible. It usually lasts almost a week this way with minor tip wear and chipping. It would probably last longer with less wear but I am an idiot who likes to wash dishes by hand with no gloves!!!!!! hence having to reapply top coat every night.

This is such a gorgeous shade of red with the most beautiful shimmer! Every time I polish my nails with this, I get tons of compliments.

on 2/25/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ruby Pumps is red and sparkly and glittery and perfect! It's one of the prettiest reds that I own. The formula is smooth and applies very nicely. I wore this for a week around Christmastime and it help up so well; hardly any chips even by the end of the week.

This colour is a very shimmery, red colour which is opaque in two coats. This colour is true to its name - even my boyfriend when he saw it said it looked like Dorothy's slippers in the Wizard of Oz! It is easy to apply, and the glitter blends in perfectly with the red. It applies smoothly, lacking the gritty texture of some OPI glitter polishes. I would recommend this colour to anyone, it really is deserving of its wonderful reputation.

Popular Polishes