China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 10/20/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Been my favorite red glitter for 10 years. I get more ooooohs and aaaaahs from strangers with this color than any other polish I own, and I have far too many polishes, lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I don't really understand the super positive reviews because I found this product to be extremely difficult to apply on the nails. I love the color, a deep red apple (similar to Essie Big Apple) and not too coral with a bit of glitter. And the color looked great right after I applied it But it lost it's shine, like gel polish, about 24 hours after I applied it. It also chipped soon after, like 3 days so that's a big disappointment. I hope they take my review and try to improve the duration of the shine and application because there'a so much potential!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ruby pumps .

on 3/25/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this nail polish! A true sexy red with lots of micro-glitter (shimmer). So mesmerizing. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. I especially love wearing this color around Christmas. After two coats, it is perfect. Since it's a red, make sure to apply a base coat (to prevent staining). This color seems to get lots of good reviews too. I see a few bad reviews that say it chips. I never had this problem, but I always wear a good top coat over it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't used China Glaze for about 10 years. I used to love these polishes, they've usually lasted 10 days without chipping.
Well, time passed and I no longer have the same experience. I was surprised how inafficient the brush is. It is very long and very narrow. I do need 4 parallel strokes to cover any of my nails, need 5 for my thumbs! I think those who have tiny toenails will enjoy using it, can't imagine anyone enjoy applying it on their hands...
Then I got two chips in 12 hours after application 😳
Never again China Glaze!

on 3/21/2017 11:19:00 AM

I'm not sure why the good reviews, because on me this nail polish sucks big time!
It does look ok right after I apply it, but very quickly becomes kind of matte and loses its gel-like appearance.
The color is ok, nothing unique. I do like the glitter in it, but for whatever reason it doesn't make up for the blah product.
But the worst is its lasting power. It chips so quickly, it's not funny. Especially at the tips of my nails. I usually get about a week wear out of my polishes, but with this one I can barely get 2 full days!

Poor quality, I won't rebuy and will stay away from this brand.

on 2/3/2017 8:22:00 PM

What can I say that others haven't! Wore this for the first time in a long time and I realized how much I loved it and just wanted to give it 5 stars!! Color is beautiful, formula is great, brush is perfect for me.
Base, two coats, and Seche Vite top coat - day five - no chips, minimal tip wear.
If you haven't tried it don't hesitate.You won't be disappointed!

on 1/10/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this colour! It is bright, glittery and looks so good on my nails especially under spotlights. I wear this year round and I always go back to this colour especially for occasion like weddings and dinners.

This is such a fun color, reminds me of some glamorous Vegas showgirl haha I wear it year round, just gorgeous.

on 7/12/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This polish is fantastic. I have been wearing it for the past 8 days with minimal chipping. I apply it with no base coat and then Seche on top which makes it sparkle and shine 10 times more than on its own. I usually like my nails long but this looks SO adorable with short, squared nails. This is great polish. It is dark, ruby red like Dorothy's slippers in the Wizard of Oz. It sparkles so much .

Popular Polishes