China Glaze Ruby Pumps

China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 6/29/2018 8:26:00 AM

I happened to see a picture of "Ruby Pumps" on Pinterest and thought it was gorgeous, so I decided to give it a try. Oh gosh, that was a mistake! The brush is very thin, which made application difficult, the color loses its shine once it's dry (even with a top coat it wasn't any better), and it feels very thick and rough on your nails. I couldn't stand it, so I took it off the day after I painted them.... which lead to another problem with this nail polish. The glitter gets everywhere when you remove this polish! Even after washing my hands multiple times with hot water and soap, and going over my fingers with polish remover, I STILL can't get the glitter off! Don't waste your money on this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

chg tells me it's there best seller but i rarely put it on but end up taking it fast . i dont like it...its boring. it's a darkish, neutral, ruby base with silver and red glitter. .its not brite, blingy, fun, flashy or sexy. the finish has a tacky texture. when i use red i think..fun, fiery, bold n unique and this aint it. removal is a bitch. my go to red is chg rasberry festival which is discontinued glass fleck from the SUMMER DAYS 2009 collection. I'm also going to try cherry pie from same collection. i get RF from Amazon. another fun red is Just be Claws....real brite classic red with yellow foil.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this color for years and regularly return to it when I want a red nail with a little bit of pop. Even after sitting under my sink for 5 years, the only sign of this polish aging is slightly slower dry time. Formula is smooth and opaque in two coats. Dries kind of rough, so is best with a top coat. Great for a holiday nail but not by any means restricted to Christmastime.

My only complaint is that even with two coats and a top coat, the polish begins to show wear around my nail tips after a few days.

on 4/15/2018 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bold, sparkly, versatile red polish. It's a classic red, slightly cooler than neutral, and SUCH lovely glitter! This was originally part of a Wizard-of-Oz themed set, so imagine Dorothy's ruby slippers, but with super-fine microglitter. If you're a fan of OPI's INRAW, but you want shimmery sparkle, this is your jam.

Note: I say Ruby Pumps is versatile b/c it can be painted over other colours to drastically alter the shade and tone of red. Craving a deep rich RV red with shimmer? Start with a layer of your fave purple or wine. (OPI's Skyfall is SO lovely.) Want to go gothic or space-aged? Start with a grey-blue or teal. Want a light, tinsel-y effect? Apply 1 coat of Ruby Pumps over metallic silver or pearl! (This is a great way to use tricky silvers shades that get streaky on their own. The red holo-glitter hides imperfections.) Added perk of this strategy is that you avoid staining your nails, and your 1st layer of polish is WAY more forgiving of imperfect application. This is my favourite way to use Ruby Pumps, finished wth a super-glossy topcoat.

TLDR; Ruby Pumps is a versatile red with fine red sparkle. The sparkle is dense. The base is more jelly than cream. If you're not sure what kind of red works w/ your skintone, this can be painted over top of any other polish for amazing control over undertones. It does require a topcoat to feel finished, and like all sparkles, removal requires extra patience. But I love this polish! It's the most lovely and versatile red I own.

on 2/19/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The official December - February nail polish of basic bitches in the northern hemisphere. Hey, I'm not knocking it -- I count myself among them. Who doesn't love Friends reruns, breton stripes, and having ridiculously sparkly red nails to cheer you up when the weather gets gloomy? Especially when these sparkly red nails last nearly a week before chipping.

Obviously, because this is both glittery and red, it'll stain if used without base coats and will 100% test your patience when trying to take it off with regular strength nail polish remover. I think it's worth it. It's just so irresistibly cheerful and sparkly!

on 10/20/2017 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Been my favorite red glitter for 10 years. I get more ooooohs and aaaaahs from strangers with this color than any other polish I own, and I have far too many polishes, lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I don't really understand the super positive reviews because I found this product to be extremely difficult to apply on the nails. I love the color, a deep red apple (similar to Essie Big Apple) and not too coral with a bit of glitter. And the color looked great right after I applied it But it lost it's shine, like gel polish, about 24 hours after I applied it. It also chipped soon after, like 3 days so that's a big disappointment. I hope they take my review and try to improve the duration of the shine and application because there'a so much potential!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ruby pumps .

on 3/25/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this nail polish! A true sexy red with lots of micro-glitter (shimmer). So mesmerizing. Every time I wear it, I get compliments. I especially love wearing this color around Christmas. After two coats, it is perfect. Since it's a red, make sure to apply a base coat (to prevent staining). This color seems to get lots of good reviews too. I see a few bad reviews that say it chips. I never had this problem, but I always wear a good top coat over it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't used China Glaze for about 10 years. I used to love these polishes, they've usually lasted 10 days without chipping.
Well, time passed and I no longer have the same experience. I was surprised how inafficient the brush is. It is very long and very narrow. I do need 4 parallel strokes to cover any of my nails, need 5 for my thumbs! I think those who have tiny toenails will enjoy using it, can't imagine anyone enjoy applying it on their hands...
Then I got two chips in 12 hours after application 😳