Dove Intensive Firming Lotion

No Image

3.6

Love it

on 5/23/2013 2:10:00 PM

I bought this product as I usually really like Dove products. I was previously using Jergens firming lotion, but had run out and this was an awesome price so I thought I'd give it a try.
In terms of what it can do...I have no idea. I have used it around 3 times and have now had to stop as the smell of it is so overwhelmingly strong I can't stand it. It's not even a nice smell. Dove have just put way too much perfume in this lotion and it kills it for me. I am now stuck with a huge bottle that I will no longer use. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to it.
Oh well!

on 5/17/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't like the smell of this product at first, but then I got used to it and I quite like it.
This lotion is far more lightweight than alot of the others I have tried in the past.
You don't need much to re-moisture your skin and soothe any dry/red/sore patches you may have.
seriously, this stuff is amazing =) I don't like many other moisturisers as much as I like this one!!

on 4/1/2008 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't like the smell very much and I haven't noticed anything getting any firmer. So far it doesn't seem to work as well as nivea's Q10 firming cream and doesn't leave my skin as soft either. I'll give it a bit more time and update if there is any change, so far I am regretting straying from nivea which actually was starting to show some real signs of helping with my dimpled legs after weeks and weeks or regular use.
Update: The smell has grown on me I actually like it a bit now, it still isn't firming anything and my arms had a bit of a breakout so I stopped using this. I'll probably try it again after my arms clear up.

I just love this cream. I bought it mainly for use on my neck and boobies. I prefer to use different cream for different parts of my body. Jergens ultra healing is my fave overall skin-softening lotion great for arms and legs. Since I am deathly afraid of saggy breasts (I have no idea why, it's been a huge fear since childhood), I wanted a lotion with firming abilities. So far, it's working, my boobs have stayed perky and firm. The reason I'm so worried about sagging is because my cup size changes from a full B to a full C depending on my cycle, birth control pills, and some other variables (I like to call them chameleon t*ts). Anyway, I was afraid that since they go up and down so much that my skin would get stretched out and lose elasticity. I also use La Mer serum and La Mer body lotion a couple times a week. But to be honest, I think the Dove lotion firms just as well if not better than the La Mer. And it is a heck of a lot cheaper. I think Dove is only about $8, it's a steal. I take two showers a day and make sure to apply this cream directly after both. After my night time application, I wear a very supportive sports bra. I started this routine because I thought my chest was almost beginning to sag and I can say that this has helped get them back to the way they were in high school. People always ask my gf if I have implants, lol. I highly recommend this cream to any lady concerned about sagging. I sincerely hope they never discontinue this.

on 10/16/2007 12:06:00 AM

I've been using this on my cellulite for about a year and have noticed some improvements. I've tried other, more expensive brands that haven't worked so I like this because it's cheap and works reasonably well.

on 8/5/2007 9:54:00 AM

This lotion was just okay. It did nothing for me in terms of firming, but then again, I don't expect anything other than diet and exercise to do that. The smell was light and inoffensive. It faded quickly and didn't interfere with my perfume. It moisturized fairly well, especially for a lotion with a light texture. It just didn't wow me, though. There are better lotions out there, even for less money. The packaging was the bad, too. It's a pump bottle but the top isn't removeable, so you can't get all the product out. I finished off my bottle today and won't repurchase.

on 6/6/2007 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I noticed a difference pretty quickly when i used it. I've had three bottles of it and i find it works best to take a break from it after you;ve used a whole bottle because it loses the affect. i'll wait like a month and then star using again and it works great. the body wash works well also.

on 5/30/2007 10:08:00 PM

As one reviewer has already commented, I think this product does give the appearance of firmer skin upon the first use. However, I have only used it a couple of times because the smell is just abysmal. This is going by way of the trash.

I'm a lotion addict I can't shower or bathe w/o using lotion or I feel totally naked so I'm always trying new lotions. I'm not a very big person to start with but I do have some aging skin issues so I thought I'd try this. I have noticed that my skin seems much smoother and I had an ugly black mark on my butt from a spider bite MONTHS ago that I was worried I wouldn't be able to wear a swimsuit w/o a cover up this year because it would not fade. Since using this lotion it seems to be fading so I will keep using it :)

I kind of like the scent.

Popular Lotions / Creams