Serge Lutens Fleurs D' Oranger

Serge Lutens Fleurs D' Oranger

3.6

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This was a total surprise to me after reading the reviews - I got just a little cumin which adds complexity and it dries down in the most incognito way. It's a great "sneaky" scent

on 7/4/2016 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I first smelled this 10 years ago and was entranced. Recently bought it and was pretty much disgusted. Either my nose has changed or the formulation has changed. It's crass and synthetic. I can't give up on it so keep splashing whatever I have available over top top to try and make it okay. Nothing works. I wish I could get my money back.

To Read all 173 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/30/2015 3:31:00 PM

This smells like a warm, sunshine-y day when you're a kid, tramping around the neighborhood, without a care in the world. When I was young, I got lost playing outside in an upstate NY city, it was July and the side street I ended up on reminded me of the Greek island my mother is from: whitewashed buildings, the sun beating down on the errant flowers blooming wherever they could, pressing their scent into the air. This perfume evokes that vibe for me very vividly.

It is just lovely. At first it has a bit of sharpness, then it mellows and warms, wrapping itself around your senses. A beautifully sweet, creamy, balanced composition. Very feminine and innocent, yet ripe with, like, the earth's bounty. I prefer this in the winter simply for the nostalgia factor (summer is for my sandalwoods).

Fleurs D' Oranger is not my normal steez but I am definitely saving up for a full bottle.

on 10/3/2015 3:07:00 PM

I have a manufacturers mini of fleurs de oranger (sometimes if you order from the SL website, they offer miniatures). It's a spicy big decadent floral - orange blossom, white jasmine, tuberose, rose with honey, cumin, nutmeg. The dry down is on the gourmand side of sweet. Agree with Wentworthroth that there is a popcorn undercurrent - I assume caramel popcorn. But, it's not nearly as objectionable here, IMO, as it is in SL jeau de Peux. It's rich, heavy, sweet; even a dab is too much. I touch the stopper to one wrist. Indolic Mothball almost peeks out, but manages not to reveal itself totally. On my skin chemistry, no hint of body odor, but I garner many compliments when I wear two fragrances that also contain problematic ingredients like cumin, namely Une Fleur de Cassie and Bigarade Concentree. If you want a more straightforward white floral from SL, I would suggest A La Nuit ( predominantly Jasmine) or Fleurs de Cellophane, a fresh green mixed white floral.

If you like this type of fragrance, well, it is a very crowded field. I am honestly not sure why this would be so well rated in comparison to Guerlain Mahora, a big voluptuous tuberose with a soft Amber sandalwood dry down ( that is not gourmand), which can be bought for a relatively reasonable price on line, but this is not the usual type of fragrance I wear.

My grandmother, who disdained historic vintage fragrances that I adore (like Mitsouko and Vintage Tabac Blonde and Knize Ten) loved scents like Caron Narcisse Noire, Joy, then later DVF Tatiana and then, L'eau de Issey. . . .she would have liked this fragrance very much.

on 2/3/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Last year I was in search of a true orange blossom scent and ended up with the Jo Malone offering which was lovely albeit very transparent and fleeting. Fleurs d'Oranger is a even more realistc and a totally different animal. Honeyed orange blossom and tuberose make a quite potent scent, sweet and sunny. Maybe a bit much for me to wear regularly but certainly gets thumbs up.

This scent is just dripping with gorgeousness. I try not to buy fragrances until I've really thought it over but HAVE to get a full size bottle of this stuff tout suite.

I like Jo Malone Orange Blossom and Robert Piguet Fracas and never would have thought that orange blossom and tuberose could coexist so beautifully, but they DO in this one, probably because Serge Lutens is brilliant. I've also been hella depressed lately and this is picking me up out of the funk a little bit, so that's cool.

Definitely recommend trying it if you get a chance.

on 6/20/2014 12:34:00 PM

I tried this on in a department store but when I found out that it was 95 euros for 50mls I decided to buy it online for only 55 euros. It smells better after a few hours but the first hour I get a wiff of body odour mixed with orange blossom. Don´t get me wrong I do like the perfume but not in the first hour until it settles. It has good staying power and does smell better as the day goes on. Now I know that I can buy Serge Luten online at nearly half price I won´t bother forking out for the same perfume in a store when I can get it much cheaper.
I like Serge Luten perfumes as not everyone wears them (probably due to the price!)

on 1/3/2014 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I got my Fleurs d'Oranger by accident, but it turned out to be a happy one. I've never been one for Big White Florals, but this one is more sunny yellow than white, and has a definite Mediterranean flavour with the rich orange blossom and jasmine notes and a hint of Middle East with warm spices. I love to wear this on dark and gloomy weather, because it takes me instantly to sunshine and warm breeze.

on 12/6/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had read many mixed reviews on this scent but I love neroli so I had to try it for myself. Scent is so personal so it was only fair. The first spritz and yes, it was very strong but the alcohol disappeared and it was so much better. It is so warm and rich that it is one of my winter scents. Its just too much for warmer months. There is quite a bit of sillage and it lasts for hours on me. I have hours of warm rich neroli with a touch gardenia. I love it.

on 2/18/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I should have learned my lesson by now: never, ever spritz yourself with multiple spritzes of your newly received fragrance sample that you never smelled.
Two hours later, I'm left with the worst sensation ever: the sensation that I'm dressed with a sweater where three big fat male cats have spent the night, not only sleeping and snoring....
Hope you get the idea.
Strange, because I never smelled cats' urine in other fragrances, except from some musks. And because I'm a fond lover of Orange blossom (I've bought a 3.4 oz. bottle of L'AP Seville a l'Aube lately...).
But this one really hurt my nose: I guess it's the sharp tuberose-hibiscus notes that increase the acrid quality of the orange blossom. Or maybe I'm your average immature perfumista who can't handle the presence of quality raw products instead of synthetic ones in niche perfumery.
And yet, I believe Serge Lutens to be a creator of masterpieces and of fragrances I can't live without (namely Chergui, Feminité du Bois and Datura Noir). It's just that I can't grasp the full meaning of this one.

Popular Fragrances