Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.9

I had to change my review since I found out that EA not only changed the bottle in 2010 but also the formula. The ingredients are the same, yet the amount of each is different. Some people noted that it smells not like cupcakes anymore, it's more of a slightly hint. Fortunately, I bought the old and new formula once and I can confirm that. The original smells warm and sweet while the new one leaves a fresh, sweet scent behind. The old one stays a bit longer on my skin while the 2010 reformulated one leaves my senses earlier (confirmed by friends and husband). The old bottle looks like this: - purple-pinkish color - Swarovski crystals under the cap (sry, my English is not good anymore) - matte surface New one: - darker purple-pinkish color - no Swarthmore crystals near the cap - glittery surface. I'm disappointed that EA did that decision because the original formula was flawless. That's why I can't give it full 5 lips.

on 7/29/2017 8:48:00 PM

Really sweet & fun!!! My daughter likes it too. Not to be taken seriously:) The kiwi note makes Fantasy more interesting than just vanilla cupcake scent. I do enjoy it more when I layer it with either pink sugar or Philosophy fresh cream though. The bottle is gorgeous too. I got mine at kohls but you can get for really cheap at fragrancenet, amazon etc.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are so many gourmand scents (well, all scents really) around this time of year, particularly sweet/gourmand scents. This is a very sweet fruity like scent, despite the fact this was a christmas present that i would not usually buy for myself, (not usually into celebrity perfumes) i have to say i am very impressed that such an inexpensive perfume has such good sillage. Better than a lot of designer brands. And i like that it contains kiwi, a nice touch. Reasonable perfume, considering the price. I'd think it'd be best for mid to late teenagers, blooming into adulthood. I won't be repurchasing but I'd recommend as very reasonable based on the low price for a bargain.

on 8/3/2016 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On about my fourth bottle since this came out .. I did at one time like midnight fantasy better and paused on wearing this for a while but now midnight fantasy smells like so many body washes now days so I'm back to wearing fantasy .. As far as sweet scents this one and pink sugar are in my regular rotation and why because fantasy has that sweet but fruity note and pink sugar is pure cotton candy with that one harsh note of whatever it is .. Two different aspects of sweetness and fantasy lasts long and smells better as it wears.. I like the fact that it's cheaper to purchase now but I don't think the popularity has slowed down because someone was buying this at a fragrance stand at the mall the other day and I wanted to tell the person that it can be bought cheaper online but didn't want to blow a sale for the lady at the fragrance stand ..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've owned lots of perfumes...
some make me feel sick like prada candy, jessica fancy, pink sugar, midnight fantasy... but never been commented on them. Other perfumes like angel, lolita lempicka just smell like a weird sweet detergent on me... I did not want a perfume to smell like a perfume either... I am 21 yet I still HATE with a passion those "sophistication strong perfumes" for example like Black Opium. I am looking for a perfect mix of yummy sugar mixed with a perfume smell that goes along with it. blech. I was ready to give up.

Until I wore this, my boyfriend swears that this stuff is intoxicating on me! I love it too, because at first I can't smell it much, but as the day goes on and the more I party.... the SEXIER the smell gets! It lasts all day. The end stage is like blowing out the candles of the cake. Kind of chocolatey too! I love the smell, and it just works so well with my chemistry and I don't even get a headache! I regret not stocking up on these. I love this perfume so much that when I see them in store again... I'm gonna buy atleast 3!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't have many emotional connections to perfumes, but I do to Fantasy. I bought it in highschool, my friend loved it so much she bought it too and I wore it religiously. I explored the other scents in the Fantasy line (e.g. Midnight Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy, Island Fantasy) but the original is the best, and the one I keep coming back too. I have repurchased this fragrance around three times. I really love this scent. It is a very sweet scent, with fruity notes and notes of vanilla and cupcake and there is even some floral in there. It is a modestly priced scent but does not smell cheap or chemically. It is a young, fun scent which boosts your confidence and will be noticed by those around you. I always receive compliments on this scent. I am 21 years old, but this is a scent I would continue to wear throughout my 20s. It is my favourite day-time scent. It makes you feel flirtatious and fun and sexy and sweet. The bottle is beautiful to display on your vanity too, it is pink with green rhinestones studded into it. I love Britney and her perfumes, and will continue to repurchase this beautiful, sweet fragrance.

Top Notes: Kiwi, Red Litchi, Quince.
Heart Notes: White Chocolate, Jasmine, Orchid, Cupcake.
Base Notes: Musk, Orris Root, Woodsy Notes.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

on 8/22/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This actually smells great, if you are into very sweet smells. It doesn't come across as synthetic, if that makes sense. And not too young. Definitley not a mature scent by any means, but I'm in my late 20's and don't feel ridiculous wearing it. Also, on me, perfumes tend to not last long at all. Even fancy higher end ones. This one does, though. Don't overdo it. It lasts all day on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite perfumes! I've gone through a few bottles because I really love the scent! The bottle is really cute too: pink with little rhinestones. It's generally my go to perfume. The only downside is that I wish it would last longer. I'd have to keep reapplying it if I wanted staying power.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Perfume is one of my biggest obsessions, and this fragrance is definitely near the top of my favorites, coming in second to the Sister of this fragrance "Midnight Fantasy- by Brittany Spears". This fragrance is very warm and very sweet. The box describes it has having top notes of Lychee, Quince, Kiwi & middle notes of Cupcake, Jasmine, White Chocolate, Orchid & a finish of Creamy Musk, Orris Root, and Sensual Woods. In my opinion It's sexy without being too serious or musky. The bottle is adorable, hot pink glass with rhinestones all over. And finally, men love the smell. I cant tell you how many compliments I get whenever I wear it. The ONLY downside to it is that the fragrance itself doesn't last very long, and so you must reapply it a few times in a day if anyone but you is to smell it. ...and they need to!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is too highly priced to indulge in on a regular basis when you can get similar scents 7 for $35 at VS (VS even has the smaller EDT ones like 7 for $35 I get!!), but this smells like very sweet & vanilla-y. It's beautifully done, & although I am not in the target age range demographic, I am a big fan of this & Curious. I am not a big Britney music fan or fan of her personal life choices, but this is a very nice perfume! I think of Jersey Shore, black eyeliner, & bubblegum pink lipgloss when I think of this scent. Snooki gave an honorable mention to this perfume in 1 of her books on "style." YMMV!!

Popular Fragrances