Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

I think definitely one of the most known Britney Spears scent and most popular. Very sweet and girly. The bottle is adorable bright pink with stones/rhinestones on it. Pretty packaging. It is a good perfume for a younger person. I wouldn't personally buy again because I wouldn't wear it I prefer other scents now

on 8/22/2015 5:19:00 AM

I thought this was an okay perfume in high school, but testing it out now, years later, I think this perfume has a sickly sweet odor that I would not want clinging to me. The packaging is really cute, and I can understand the teenage attraction to the product, but the scent is way too cloying and synthetic smelling. The price is modest, so this would make for a good starter perfume for young girls.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I'm not a product snob in any field. Who made the wine doesn't matter if it tastes good. What the singer looks like doesn't matter if she can sing. The label on the dress doesn't matter if it's cheaply made and doesn't flatter your shape. And so on.
So I have MANY perfumes, well over a hundred, and they vary from juices that cost two or three hundred dollars a bottle to juices that I paid less than ten for. I'll try anything once, and if I like the way it smells then I care not one whit whose name is or isn't on the bottle. I also run the gamut of perfumes. There are aquatics, orientalist, white florals, gourmands, etc in my stash.
I must have some rare body chemistry where many things smell pleasant on me, but for most of my life ALL perfume gave me killer headaches and stuffy face. For this reason I do admit to having less love overall for florals as they were always the worst offenders.
Fantasy was one of the only scents I could wear without major issue, and I'm grateful to it for that. This and TM Angel are the reigning empresses of the gourmand field. If you hate perfumes that smell like candy or cake, well don't buy this. No need to knock it for being what it is. But if that's what you're looking for, go buy this right now.
Also, though attracting men is by no means the only or even A reason to buy perfume...IF that's your goal, I have yet to meet the man who doesn't like this scent. It's well known by now that men are attracted to food smells over floral smells, the simple beasts. ;) Mine certainly digs it, luckily for him, cause I'd still wear it if he didn't.
This scent can be had very cheaply, at less than ten dollars for the half-ounce size. Try it out if you like cookies or cake or candyish smells.
Don't go hog wild. It's got good lasting power and decent projection. You may not smell it anymore but others do. It smells good on clothing too, and changes less. On skin you will get more of a progression from fruit to cupcake to a near-smokiness (good smoky, not ashtray smoky).
On another note I see tons of people claiming this has been reformulated. False in my opinion. I own an original bottle ( back when the band around the nozzle had rhinestones it too) and several 'new formula' bottles. They smell the same to me. (Which also goes to show that if you will STORE your juice properly, some scents can last forever and not 'turn'. That bottle is what, ten or eleven years old? Thanks, Britney, for the lovely scent, and I'll keep buying it as long as EA makes it. Yummy!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite everyday perfume, and I have a lot of perfumes! When first sprayed, it smells super sweet, like sugary flowers. After a couple of minutes of wear, the sweetness is replaced with more sweet floral notes. I think this lasts all day long, and I always get compliments on my perfume. This lasts even longer in my clothes for some reason, but no complaints! I'd bathe in this stuff if I could! To top it off, this bottle looks so pretty in my collection! I love Britney Spears fragrances!

on 2/14/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not a safe blind buy people! I was so excited to try it based on so many good reviews on Fragrantica, but it's a major FAIL! It's super sweet and I couldn't detect any of the other notes, except for the white chocolate? I'm so glad I only got the smallest bottle for $9.99! I had a bad feeling when I detect the sweetness as I ripped open the plastic case around the bottle. So yeah, you can smell this before you open the cap or even spraying it! If you want a sweet fragrance, try Pink Sugar....fresh, sweet, and much more interesting due to the licorice note.

Love this perfume! Bought the gift set on holiday clearance for $10 at cvs. It lasts all day and I receive tons of compliments of how good i smelled. If you like cupcakes then you'll enjoy this. It is a little musky and strong. One to two spray is plenty.

on 12/17/2013 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing Fantasy EDP now and really enjoying it, even though I'm wayyy older than its targeted market. It's a soft, sweet, cheerful, vanilla-fruit perfume, for the most part. It reminds me of a fruit smoothie, but one mostly containing vanilla. Like 3 parts rich vanilla ice cream to 1 part fruit. It's sweet, but the creaminess and richness of the vanilla component keeps it from being sugary.

The most noteworthy quality of Fantasy -- for me -- is how seamlessly smooth it is. It's so rich and silky smooth -- like pouring heavy cream from a pitcher. The notes in Fantasy are completely homogenized into a unified whole like few other perfumes I've ever smelled.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Kiwi, Lychee, Quince
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Orchid, White chocolate, Cupcake
Base Notes: Woods, Orris root, Musk

There is a "white chocolate" heart note listed, and really, that note stands out the most, to my nose. It's as creamy smooth, rich, and vanillic as white chocolate -- and the other notes are smoothly incorporated -- but to me, the primary scent is that of white chocolate. I really don't smell florals or woods -- or even the fruits too terribly much.

The scent is full-bodied, rich, firmly anchored, and it lasts very well. It's sweet & fruity, but it's mostly a delicious smooth creamy white chocolate-y vanilla scent, to my nose. I like it.

on 8/20/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this perfume!
It is candy floss, pink, bubblegum, warm, white chocolate mix. It isn't headache inducing but it is very very sweet. To me I feel like this is a warm winter perfume, I can imagine smelling this on my jumpers are christmas time, it's very warm scent.
the dry down is probably my favourite, it's not too strong, but its very nice. Guys absolutely love this perfume!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Being a huge fan of sweet, gourmand fragrances I thought I would like this. Unfortunately this is not quite what I expected it all - it has a weight to it that is pretty much overbearing. It is extremely strong and if I use more than one or two sprays on my clothes I get a headache. Also, it can smell kind of cheap because so many people wear it and over do it. I love the packaging, and the name, but I cringe at being of 'those' people who apply this way too liberally because quite frankly, it 'aint nice.

Edit: Okay. My thoughts regarding this perfume have progressively gotten worse over time as there's an obnoxious woman at my work who wears absolute BUCKETLOADS of this stuff and I can smell it in a 5 kilometre radius. Awful.

on 5/2/2013 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this. It was my first 'proper' perfume, until this I only used body sprays. It's a lovely sweet scent, great everyday perfume. I got a 100ml bottle maybe 2 years ago and I'm only half way through (I don't wear it everyday, but I do wear it often). Definately a good one if you like sweet fruity scents. Cute, durable bottle, I liked the box it came in too.

Popular Fragrances