Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by hair type : Other
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 6/18/2016 12:08:00 AM

I am 45 years old. I own some very serious classic perfumes, as befits a lady of my vintage and professional standing.... But damn if I don't LOVE Fantasy, and have for years!

I love Fantasy with my lizard brain, the deep-seated childlike portion that squeals, "OMG!" when it sees a hot-pink bottle with green crystals all over it, and "YUMMM!" when it smells cupcakes, white chocolate, kiwi-strawberry candy, and baby powder in equal measures.

Yes, Fantasy is a common fragrance and smells
a lot like something that would be piped into teen clothing stores to induce euphoria (and spending). It is the quintessential Mall Perfume, unabashedly synthetic and riding high on the fruity-floral celebu-scent trend train.

But it's still pretty great stuff. It's instantly recognizable and enjoyable
from start to finish, from the initial
burst of tart fruits through the choco-vanillic heart and on to the quite pretty and balanced powdery-orris finish. In fact, it's kind of perfect for what it is. Fantasy is to fragrance what Sbarro pizza is to the food court: iconic, junky yet irresistible, with a comforting familiarity. Fantasy is to fragrance what Justice is to fashion: silly, sassy, overtly loud and juvenile, yet oh so cute.

I've smelled other Britney flankers and other scents in this category, and not liked them nearly as well, even if intellectually I knew some of them were more elegant and mature compositions (like Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights). In the end, I can't not have that PINK!!! SPARKLY!!! bottle on my dresser and I can't not sometimes spray on its SWEET!!! YUMMINESS!!! And btw I get tons of compliments when I do. Fantasy is wearable
candy, and just plain wearable.

TRY IT.

on 3/9/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am very lucky to own a few Full Bottles Of The Original
**Pre Re-formulated** Fantasy (From before 2009).
and even though i am a male (but a Gay one lol)....
I Am Simply Addicted To The Original And Delicious Formula Of "Fantasy"!

Fantasy was born as a **MASTERPIECE** - a magical love potion.
a masterpiece that was the pioneer in its floral-fruity-gourmand category.
a masterpiece that so many fragrances tried to be.
she is the queen of all fruity-gourmand fragrances
she is the queen of all queens,

Listen, i know this will sound over dramatic to some...
and some will think i should relax and stop being a drama queen,
but in times when i felt sad or sick or when i went through hard times,
this perfume always cheered me up right away.
i would spray this on,and my mood would dramatically change.
suddenly everything would seem happy,pink,yummy and beautiful.
just like white chocolate,exotic fruits and delicious cupcakes would make anyone feel better.

And besides that,
My Boyfriend Loooves It On Me,
Everytime I Have It On, He goes crazy and Just Cannot Take His Hands Off Of Me.
It's Like What Catnip Is to Cats! LOL
He Always Says That When I Put This On, Then All He Wants Is To Jump On Me, Take Me To Bed And Eat Me Up, Hehe.
I Love It When My Strong Handsome King Puts On His Strong Masculine Bad boi Scents And I Put On This Grliy,Sweet,Fruity,Feminine Pretty Boi Scent lol.
This Makes Me Feel So Feminine ....I Love It!

this little gem makes me feel so sexy and yummy it makes me wanna go on romantic dates on a breezy fall evening and french kiss my man.

There Are Two (Materialistic) Things I'm Proud To Have and Own.....

1 - My Stunning,Ultra Rare,Super Luxurious Collection Of Iconic Vintage Gianni Versace Sunglasses (mostley from the 92 -96 collections).

2 - All The Stock of Bottles I Have Of The Original pre re-formulated Fantasy Perfume.

because from the moment i knew that this perfume has been re-formulated,
i went on a hunt to search for a store here in my country that still had the old formula.

i was full of hope because i knew that it was being importaed here so there must be a store that still had some old stock of the old formula.

i looked in Every fancy dipartment store here but no one had the old formula!

i almost sadly gave up....
until one day i came across this OLD perfume store with this cute little old lady she had the old formula!!! i felt i won the jackpot! lol

she said she had bought some of them a few years prior to that and that nobody bought it because most of her clients were old ladies that dont use these kind of sweet fruity perfumes.

she was soooo over the moon happy that she found a buyer to those "cheap" perfumes she had been stuck with....
that she told me if i buy all of the stock she had,
then she would sell me a 3.3oz bottle for 20$ a piece!
and knowing that i will not let this Treasure get away from me....
i bought Every Single Bottle she had in stock (11 in fact!) Lol.

and now i understand what a Bargain it was cuz today i would have HAPPILY paid so much More if i had been stuck without the old formula.
(im such a pre re-formulated fantasy SL*T...ugh,it's pathetic lol).

plus....men (as i found) go C-r-a-z-y for this fragrance.
it just really motivates them or something.
they respond really strongly to it (at least the kind of bad boiz i normally go for lol).

and if you would have told me a few years ago that i would be so much in love with such an overly-syinthetic cheap celebrity perfume,
i would never have belived it!.....but i am!

Guys, you really need to undersatnd....i have perfumes ranging anywhere from 300 dollars (Ramon molvizar and creed) , to 800 dollars (joy) and all the way to about 2000 dollars (Clive Christian and cijar),
and to say the truth (even though Shocking to addmit it),but if i HAD to choose only ONE fragrance to take to a deserted island, then it would be this perfume!

if i had to give-up all my perfumes and choose only one perfume to use for the rest of my life.....it would be Fantasy.
it is my FAVORITE fragrance that i own.

and thats why i dont care anymore what others think!
i simply dont care anymore if my snobby up-tight know it all "high-end" perfume loving friends say that its "cheap" or "childish" or "un-complexed" or WHATEVER!
I Love It! ....... And that is the **Only** thing that counts!

it is the only fragrance that everytime i spray it on me...i have this HUGE smile on my face hahaha, i just cant help it! :)

yes the bottle looks tacky and a bit cheap,
and yes its weird for me to say that what i have on is a "britney spears" perfume...but it just smeels sooo damn good.

to me...the old formula is 10X superior to the new re-formulated version.
the new formulation has soooo much more of the musky and tart kiwi tones to it.
the kiwi notes (in the old formula) steps aside alot more in order to give room to the super creamy white choloate-cupcake bliss.

i think the re-formulated version is no where near as amazing as the old formula is.

i mean the new formula is not "disgusting" or anything...
but i just like the old formula a Hell lot more.

and this perfume lasts and lasts and lasts....it has amazing longevity.
i can actually take a shower and still smell traces of it on my skin..
this perfume is so Magical,
what i love about fantasy is that even though it is very sweet, it also has airy fresh tones to it and i can use it on a hot summer day as well as on a cold winter morning.
every time i put it on...it makes me feel so happy :-)

i urge every gourmand scent lover to try this (old or new formula),
you WILL Fall in love .

Enjoy :-)

on 12/22/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

It surprises me greatly that this smells like a slightly milder Euphoria by Ck with a dash of vanilla. I never got along with Euphoria, so what a shock it was for me to smell Euphoria because I was expecting to smell delicious cup cakes. I waited forever for something to change to cup cake but it never happened, then it dawned on me that this is not a usual kind of cup cake. It's a floral concoction with vanilla and fruit to wear not eat.
I was expecting a delicious edible like cup cake, silly me. Now that I know what to expect from this my expectations have changed and I accept this scent for what it is. It's long lasting and when you know what this is all about its a good one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This perfume reminds me of Christmas. The bottle and scent are fun and festive. It's like pretty little vanilla cupcakes topped with fruit. There's frosting, kiwi, and lots of sugary sweetness. I do think it's a lot in warm weather but it somehow smells so nice in cold winter weather.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Yikes!
This was my first perfume ever, and I got it about 4 years ago, when I was 12 or so..
Back then I loved it, but now I hate it! I have given it to my younger sister, and she loves it.

I think it's a really "child-ish" perfume, that a lot of younger girls love. Maybe because it's so super duper SWEET, almost OVERWHELMING sweet. Also the packagain, is pretty pink and princessy.

I have deffintly moved pasts this scent!

This is my all time favourite perfume. It's reasonably priced. The bottle is pretty and practical. It's staying power is decent. The smell is absolutely AMAZING... It reminds me of candy and florals but in a sexy way (rather than a childish sweet smelling perfume). I wear it almost everyday, and I feel like it's appropriate for both day and night. I always get compliments when I wear it which shows people find it smells as nice as I do :-) I have been re-purchasing this for a few years now and will continue to re-purchase it.

on 3/20/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this perfume. Sweet and mysterious. My mum wore this for a bit and I quite liked it, so when I was about 10, I got a bottle of this! I still haven't fully used it, so it lasts a LONG time!

on 12/5/2012 5:31:00 PM

I really LOVE this perfume! This is just something I've fallen in love with along the years. This loveaffair started 2009 when my best friend had all these perfumes, and she isn't a real perfume lover like I'm, so she gave it to me. Back then I didn't care much for perfumes, so it sat on my dresser for 6 months, and then (without thinking about it or even smelling it) I just started to use it daily, and it rained compliments from friends and family. So, I ran out of it and didn't really mind. Few month later I smelled the empty bottle, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I had to buy it!
It's a gorgeous perfume, it's strong and cupcakey, maybe too strong for some people, but for me it's perfect. It's a warm and cosy sweet fragrance, it's comforting and inviting, it's perfect. Some sugar, white chocolate and kiwi, freshly baked cupcakes and alot of warmth.
And even my picky-nosed boyfriend actually loves it! He "hates" strong perfumes in general, but I sprayed some on his shirt for fun and when he went home, he had wondered what the heck it was that smelled so good... It was Fantasy. :) So that made me happy, so, soon I and Fantasy are celebrating our 4 year anniversary, and I've not gotten sick of it yet. I ran out of it again a couple weeks ago, now I've repurchased it again. Old is gold! <3

on 10/29/2012 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a .33 oz on ebay just because I wanted to try this out but I didn't want to commit to a full size of this scent just yet. This honestly smells so good and the scent is actually kind of unique as far as sweet scents because of the kiwi. I can't tolerate most sweet scents because my body chemistry can't handle sweet scents (especially vanilla scents...ick!) but this one is amazing. I also like hidden fantasy too.

on 8/15/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

OK, mea culpa, me likey - after years of avoidance and prejudice. A little too fruity at the outset, but the drydown is warm, comforting and kinda sexy. It's got some irresistible musk friendliness and, on me at any rate, isn't over-the-top crazy sweet (like Midnight F.). Too cute to kick out of bed.

Popular Fragrances