Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.7

on 2/23/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't care for Britney Spears at all but I will admit that I do like Fantasy. I agree with the other poster that it is very sugary sweet and something I only wear in the summer. I think the packaging is really pretty too.

on 12/29/2005 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I abhorred celebrity scents. I used to believe that anyone who wore one was insecure and trying to emulate the star. Well, I was wrong. By thinking this way, I was missing out on some nice perfumes. One time on this website, I read a post from a MUA member said, "Who cares whose name is on the bottle if you really enjoy wearing the juice?" I quite agree. This is not targeted to my age group at all (46). I do not like the personalities of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or J-Lo. But I have to admit I like some of their scents. Fantasy is one scent that my 10 y.o. daughter and I both can wear. Sweet, soft, not cloying, girlish and youthful. Perfect with jeans during the day or night. I still adore Shalimar and Chanel No. 5, but it is fun to wear this one for a change.

on 9/21/2005 9:59:00 AM

After three tests on skin and a struggle to overcome the fact that again I like another Britney Spears fragrance, I am caving on a bottle of Fantasy.
Notes include: red lychee, quince, kiwi, cupcake accord (more like frosting to me), jasmine, white chocolate accord, musk, orris root, and sensual woods.

The lychee smells like pears to me, and the top fruits are almost obscured by the upcoming cupcake accord, which gives the foody-sweet cakey smell right away on my skin. It seems to be very vanilla in 'flavor' to me. I am sure that any cupcake accord would include vanilla! This part of the fragrance is girl, sweet, cute, young, but not cloying or overpowering at all. But wait! Could it be that there's something deeper hidden here? Yes, there is! The drydown on this fragrance is a total surprise, devastatingly sexy and totally all-woman, not girly. The drydown stunned me. It became a sensuous, sultry, mysterious, bombshell scent on my skin! Sort of exactly what Britney is, if you think about it. Bravo to Arden and Ann Gottlieb who was the perfumer on this one. And too bad that it could happen that some people will dismiss this as just another celebrity scent and not give it a chance because of Spears. It's worthy, I tell you!

Popular Fragrances