Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

I had to change my review since I found out that EA not only changed the bottle in 2010 but also the formula. The ingredients are the same, yet the amount of each is different. Some people noted that it smells not like cupcakes anymore, it's more of a slightly hint. Fortunately, I bought the old and new formula once and I can confirm that. The original smells warm and sweet while the new one leaves a fresh, sweet scent behind. The old one stays a bit longer on my skin while the 2010 reformulated one leaves my senses earlier (confirmed by friends and husband). The old bottle looks like this: - purple-pinkish color - Swarovski crystals under the cap (sry, my English is not good anymore) - matte surface New one: - darker purple-pinkish color - no Swarthmore crystals near the cap - glittery surface. I'm disappointed that EA did that decision because the original formula was flawless. That's why I can't give it full 5 lips.

on 8/3/2016 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On about my fourth bottle since this came out .. I did at one time like midnight fantasy better and paused on wearing this for a while but now midnight fantasy smells like so many body washes now days so I'm back to wearing fantasy .. As far as sweet scents this one and pink sugar are in my regular rotation and why because fantasy has that sweet but fruity note and pink sugar is pure cotton candy with that one harsh note of whatever it is .. Two different aspects of sweetness and fantasy lasts long and smells better as it wears.. I like the fact that it's cheaper to purchase now but I don't think the popularity has slowed down because someone was buying this at a fragrance stand at the mall the other day and I wanted to tell the person that it can be bought cheaper online but didn't want to blow a sale for the lady at the fragrance stand ..

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This perfume is very...middle school teen girl. It's very powerful and a deep scent, very heavy. The packaging is cute and the price is great, however, if I had to wear it the lotion form is much more tolerable and wearable. I'm all for a deep and heavy perfume but this one is quite overwhelming and has caused others to have headaches.

Overall: good perfume for a teenage girl, packaging is cutesy albeit impractical at times and its a true heavy scent.

on 3/9/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am very lucky to own a few Full Bottles Of The Original
**Pre Re-formulated** Fantasy (From before 2009).
and even though i am a male (but a Gay one lol)....
I Am Simply Addicted To The Original And Delicious Formula Of "Fantasy"!

Fantasy was born as a **MASTERPIECE** - a magical love potion.
a masterpiece that was the pioneer in its floral-fruity-gourmand category.
a masterpiece that so many fragrances tried to be.
she is the queen of all fruity-gourmand fragrances
she is the queen of all queens,

Listen, i know this will sound over dramatic to some...
and some will think i should relax and stop being a drama queen,
but in times when i felt sad or sick or when i went through hard times,
this perfume always cheered me up right away.
i would spray this on,and my mood would dramatically change.
suddenly everything would seem happy,pink,yummy and beautiful.
just like white chocolate,exotic fruits and delicious cupcakes would make anyone feel better.

And besides that,
My Boyfriend Loooves It On Me,
Everytime I Have It On, He goes crazy and Just Cannot Take His Hands Off Of Me.
It's Like What Catnip Is to Cats! LOL
He Always Says That When I Put This On, Then All He Wants Is To Jump On Me, Take Me To Bed And Eat Me Up, Hehe.
I Love It When My Strong Handsome King Puts On His Strong Masculine Bad boi Scents And I Put On This Grliy,Sweet,Fruity,Feminine Pretty Boi Scent lol.
This Makes Me Feel So Feminine ....I Love It!

this little gem makes me feel so sexy and yummy it makes me wanna go on romantic dates on a breezy fall evening and french kiss my man.

There Are Two (Materialistic) Things I'm Proud To Have and Own.....

1 - My Stunning,Ultra Rare,Super Luxurious Collection Of Iconic Vintage Gianni Versace Sunglasses (mostley from the 92 -96 collections).

2 - All The Stock of Bottles I Have Of The Original pre re-formulated Fantasy Perfume.

because from the moment i knew that this perfume has been re-formulated,
i went on a hunt to search for a store here in my country that still had the old formula.

i was full of hope because i knew that it was being importaed here so there must be a store that still had some old stock of the old formula.

i looked in Every fancy dipartment store here but no one had the old formula!

i almost sadly gave up....
until one day i came across this OLD perfume store with this cute little old lady she had the old formula!!! i felt i won the jackpot! lol

she said she had bought some of them a few years prior to that and that nobody bought it because most of her clients were old ladies that dont use these kind of sweet fruity perfumes.

she was soooo over the moon happy that she found a buyer to those "cheap" perfumes she had been stuck with....
that she told me if i buy all of the stock she had,
then she would sell me a 3.3oz bottle for 20$ a piece!
and knowing that i will not let this Treasure get away from me....
i bought Every Single Bottle she had in stock (11 in fact!) Lol.

and now i understand what a Bargain it was cuz today i would have HAPPILY paid so much More if i had been stuck without the old formula.
(im such a pre re-formulated fantasy SL*T...ugh,it's pathetic lol).

plus....men (as i found) go C-r-a-z-y for this fragrance.
it just really motivates them or something.
they respond really strongly to it (at least the kind of bad boiz i normally go for lol).

and if you would have told me a few years ago that i would be so much in love with such an overly-syinthetic cheap celebrity perfume,
i would never have belived it!.....but i am!

Guys, you really need to undersatnd....i have perfumes ranging anywhere from 300 dollars (Ramon molvizar and creed) , to 800 dollars (joy) and all the way to about 2000 dollars (Clive Christian and cijar),
and to say the truth (even though Shocking to addmit it),but if i HAD to choose only ONE fragrance to take to a deserted island, then it would be this perfume!

if i had to give-up all my perfumes and choose only one perfume to use for the rest of my life.....it would be Fantasy.
it is my FAVORITE fragrance that i own.

and thats why i dont care anymore what others think!
i simply dont care anymore if my snobby up-tight know it all "high-end" perfume loving friends say that its "cheap" or "childish" or "un-complexed" or WHATEVER!
I Love It! ....... And that is the **Only** thing that counts!

it is the only fragrance that everytime i spray it on me...i have this HUGE smile on my face hahaha, i just cant help it! :)

yes the bottle looks tacky and a bit cheap,
and yes its weird for me to say that what i have on is a "britney spears" perfume...but it just smeels sooo damn good.

to me...the old formula is 10X superior to the new re-formulated version.
the new formulation has soooo much more of the musky and tart kiwi tones to it.
the kiwi notes (in the old formula) steps aside alot more in order to give room to the super creamy white choloate-cupcake bliss.

i think the re-formulated version is no where near as amazing as the old formula is.

i mean the new formula is not "disgusting" or anything...
but i just like the old formula a Hell lot more.

and this perfume lasts and lasts and lasts....it has amazing longevity.
i can actually take a shower and still smell traces of it on my skin..
this perfume is so Magical,
what i love about fantasy is that even though it is very sweet, it also has airy fresh tones to it and i can use it on a hot summer day as well as on a cold winter morning.
every time i put it on...it makes me feel so happy :-)

i urge every gourmand scent lover to try this (old or new formula),
you WILL Fall in love .

Enjoy :-)

I think definitely one of the most known Britney Spears scent and most popular. Very sweet and girly. The bottle is adorable bright pink with stones/rhinestones on it. Pretty packaging. It is a good perfume for a younger person. I wouldn't personally buy again because I wouldn't wear it I prefer other scents now

on 10/5/2015 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I used to love this perfume back when I was in my early teens, nowadays I smell it on others and my first thought is cheap. It's great on teens to start their perfume collections, but on an adult woman it is just off putting. It's definitely a "young" perfume. I love the bottle, it's so pretty but probably something you should be moving on from once you get to the pointy end of your teen years.

This perfume is o.k.but not an excellent one.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

When I was younger I hated sweet, sugary scents such as this. I much preferred clean scents like 5th avenue, britney spears curious, and gucci envy me. Needless to say, when I first smelt this perfume I almost gagged. I did not like it at all. In recent years however my tastes have changed, and I found myself liking sweeter smells more and more. I was given hidden fantasy as a gift and loved it. I then smelt midnight fantasy at a sale and got it, and it very quickly became one of my all time favourite scents. I finally bought fantasy and have not gone back. I LOVE this scent so much. It is a warm, comforting smell that wears so well on me. This is a scent that I am sire I will keep in my perfume collection.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Perfume is one of my biggest obsessions, and this fragrance is definitely near the top of my favorites, coming in second to the Sister of this fragrance "Midnight Fantasy- by Brittany Spears". This fragrance is very warm and very sweet. The box describes it has having top notes of Lychee, Quince, Kiwi & middle notes of Cupcake, Jasmine, White Chocolate, Orchid & a finish of Creamy Musk, Orris Root, and Sensual Woods. In my opinion It's sexy without being too serious or musky. The bottle is adorable, hot pink glass with rhinestones all over. And finally, men love the smell. I cant tell you how many compliments I get whenever I wear it. The ONLY downside to it is that the fragrance itself doesn't last very long, and so you must reapply it a few times in a day if anyone but you is to smell it. ...and they need to!!!!

I know I'm younger but I'm not in my teeny-bop stage anymore and I just actually graduated, but I've used this since I was 12? Or maybe 13, and then I was even out of my pre-teen stage. I'm very skeptical with my perfumes. This does have a sugary smell to it, and I love it. It's not overpowering, I don't find it "more for children", once it kind of settles into the skin, it has a beautiful smell. Everyone is different, so everyone can withhold different scents that work with their body. I love the packaging and I will repurchase this.

Popular Fragrances