Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

From the moment Fantasy burst onto the scene in 2005 with its hilariously gaudy bottle and psychedelic packaging, it has won a permanent place on my dresser because the juice inside is just...everything right with the world. The initial burst of tangy fruit quickly gives way to a luscious velvety cloud of cupcakes, white chocolate and vanilla that makes your inner child squeal. The drydown has just enough orchid, powdery orris root, and musk to smooth out the composition, make it a proper perfume, and prevent diabetic overload.

Forget about age limits and wearing “serious perfume.” Fantasy is just super-yummy and super-fun, from first sniff to drydown. I do think something happened to the formula (and strength) of this perfume from 2005 to 2018, and I prefer my older bottle just a bit more because it smells richer and two sprays last literally 24 hours on my skin However, the difference isn’t drastic and I’m happy with the newer bottle I keep in my purse as well.

If you can’t wear it seriously, then wear it ironically. Just wear it. It’s Britney, b****! ;^)

on 5/19/2014 8:02:00 AM

I've been on a mission lately to find the sweetest scent i can find. I've reviewed Prada Candy, Lancomes Elle La Vie Est Belle and Victor and Rolfs Bon Bon. I really enjoy cakey scents so it's a no brainer that I thought I was really gong to like Fantasy. I didn't that much though am really going to like Fantasy. Compared to the other ones, though, it didn't stand a chance. Fantasy Is so light I can barely smell it on myself and it doesn't smell of class like the aforementioned fragrances do. I think I am going to have to pick pick Prada Candy though, That's caramel overload though and is awesome Fantasy isn't terrible though It really does smell like cupcakes though but its geared towards more of a younger market that can afford this fragrance. Lancme Elle La Vie Est Belle was my favorite out of the lot. A total class act of a fragrance and sweet to boot. Fantasies bottle is gorgeous and fits the scent perfectly. Fantasy makes me think of a rainbow in the sky make entirely of cupcakes and little pink unicorns are flying all about the rainbow. Cute little scent but not the best.

on 8/14/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I simply LOVE this perfume although I'm ashamed to admit it. This is heavenly!! Very sweet and intoxicating. Great lasting power too. I do not know if Ms. Spears actually had any say in the choice of these notes but if she did I salute her. What an remarkably unique and intoxicating fragrance. LOVE it!! I originally purchased this at Macy's, and lately have only been able to find it at CVS. I hope this is not an indication of any type thought of discontinuation of this, because i would weep. I truly enjoy these notes especially when I'm feeling truly girlie and feminine. LOVE this one, but may not be for most as it is really sweet and gourmand with some notes that some may find annoying or too much.

on 3/2/2007 2:53:00 PM

I've never been big on gourmand fragrances, and initially thought this would be either too sweet or too "foody" on me. But what a pleasant surprise. Out of the literally hundreds of vanilla-based fragrances I have ever worn, I have to say I give Fantasy my highest accord. It's sweet but not overwhelming. Powdery, but not to the point of strangulation. It has all of right elements in just the right amounts. I only wish the shower gel weren't so hard to find. The body souffle is divine - the oils come through long after you have showered.
For some reason, men seem to love this scent. Or, at least, they seem to hover around more frequently when I am wearing it.

on 12/25/2006 4:43:00 PM

I ADORE this to death. Not only does it smell luscious--like Vanilla or cotton candy and fruit--but it comes in the most gorgeous bottle. The bottle is pink and round with little rhinestones all over it--very cute. I seriously can't stop opening the bottle and taking little sniffs of this every few seconds--it's that addicting. I just got this as a gift today (I had been wanting it for a long time though) and I plan on wearing it every day.

I got a nice sample made up for me at Sephora, so I had a chance to really test this before buying it. I love this fragrance, which is a vanilla and grapefruit scent. My husband immediately loved it which reinforced my opinion that even though I have Pink Sugar I need this too. It lasts and does not break down into anything really different later, and lingers nicely on your clothing. It is not overpowering or over sweet. The bottle is adorable and unique.

on 2/16/2006 12:26:00 PM

If Serge Lutens were to design a version of his Un Bois Vanille for very small girls to buy with their pocket money, it might well turn out like Fantasy. The essence of Barbie Doll.