Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 8/22/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This actually smells great, if you are into very sweet smells. It doesn't come across as synthetic, if that makes sense. And not too young. Definitley not a mature scent by any means, but I'm in my late 20's and don't feel ridiculous wearing it. Also, on me, perfumes tend to not last long at all. Even fancy higher end ones. This one does, though. Don't overdo it. It lasts all day on me.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I'm not a product snob in any field. Who made the wine doesn't matter if it tastes good. What the singer looks like doesn't matter if she can sing. The label on the dress doesn't matter if it's cheaply made and doesn't flatter your shape. And so on.
So I have MANY perfumes, well over a hundred, and they vary from juices that cost two or three hundred dollars a bottle to juices that I paid less than ten for. I'll try anything once, and if I like the way it smells then I care not one whit whose name is or isn't on the bottle. I also run the gamut of perfumes. There are aquatics, orientalist, white florals, gourmands, etc in my stash.
I must have some rare body chemistry where many things smell pleasant on me, but for most of my life ALL perfume gave me killer headaches and stuffy face. For this reason I do admit to having less love overall for florals as they were always the worst offenders.
Fantasy was one of the only scents I could wear without major issue, and I'm grateful to it for that. This and TM Angel are the reigning empresses of the gourmand field. If you hate perfumes that smell like candy or cake, well don't buy this. No need to knock it for being what it is. But if that's what you're looking for, go buy this right now.
Also, though attracting men is by no means the only or even A reason to buy perfume...IF that's your goal, I have yet to meet the man who doesn't like this scent. It's well known by now that men are attracted to food smells over floral smells, the simple beasts. ;) Mine certainly digs it, luckily for him, cause I'd still wear it if he didn't.
This scent can be had very cheaply, at less than ten dollars for the half-ounce size. Try it out if you like cookies or cake or candyish smells.
Don't go hog wild. It's got good lasting power and decent projection. You may not smell it anymore but others do. It smells good on clothing too, and changes less. On skin you will get more of a progression from fruit to cupcake to a near-smokiness (good smoky, not ashtray smoky).
On another note I see tons of people claiming this has been reformulated. False in my opinion. I own an original bottle ( back when the band around the nozzle had rhinestones it too) and several 'new formula' bottles. They smell the same to me. (Which also goes to show that if you will STORE your juice properly, some scents can last forever and not 'turn'. That bottle is what, ten or eleven years old? Thanks, Britney, for the lovely scent, and I'll keep buying it as long as EA makes it. Yummy!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have the little bottle and just love the packaging. I'm not crazy about the initial spray because it is floral. The dry down notes leave you with frosted cupcakes and smells like Pink Sugar which I love.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Strong, sweet scent with a blast of kiwi and litchi upon spraying. You're left with a vanilla frosted cupcake after the fruits disappear. I can also smell a little dark orchid in here. Fantasy is one of my favourite perfumes for cold weather. It's just so warm, comforting and delicious. It can be cloying in warm weather, so perhaps it's better to avoid it or use it sparingly in summertime.

Fantasy is long lasting and can fill up an entire room with its scent. I like spraying it on my scarf in winter time, so that I can enjoy it every time I go outside. It's a simple, recognizable and affordable scent. The bottle looks like a pink handgrenade though. That's my only problem with it.

I LOVE this perfume. If like me, you like sweet floral candy scents, then this is for you. It's lasting power is pretty good. It's reasonably priced. I can't get enough of this perfume. Every time I wear this, I get compliments. I've also noticed, my male friends seem to love this scent as they always make comments. I have high end expensive perfumes that I still wear, but this is up there with them! I tend to use this for day and wear something more stronger for night. I once mixed this accidentally with another perfume and surprisingly it was very pleasant. I will continue to buy this. I hope they never discontinue this perfume. I'm on my 4th 100ml bottle. I don't care how old I am, this will continue to be on my dresser always. :)

on 2/14/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not a safe blind buy people! I was so excited to try it based on so many good reviews on Fragrantica, but it's a major FAIL! It's super sweet and I couldn't detect any of the other notes, except for the white chocolate? I'm so glad I only got the smallest bottle for $9.99! I had a bad feeling when I detect the sweetness as I ripped open the plastic case around the bottle. So yeah, you can smell this before you open the cap or even spraying it! If you want a sweet fragrance, try Pink Sugar....fresh, sweet, and much more interesting due to the licorice note.

on 12/27/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Yet another reviewer here who is embarrassed to admit that Britney Spears Fantasy is a guilty pleasure.
To me this is a sweet vanilla scent with a hint of spice and a dash of muskiness. There is a very light soapiness to it and a bit of powderiness as well, and I think I detect some sort of berry. Bare with me here, I am not at all versed in how to describe perfumes nor detecting notes, but the above description seems to best describe how this scent mingles with my chemistry.
I find the sweetness cloying and almost nauseating upon first spray but it dies down it turns into a warm comforting scent. I would be thrilled if the nozzle dispensed less perfume, as I seem to like this scent best after about an hour or so of wearing it as the strength seems to die down and bit and I am left with a soft sweet fragrance that is does not scream "I am wearing a perfume!" - something I find comforting while wearing when alone and rather sexy while if I am out with friends or on a date.
There is something about wearing this perfume on a late summer night that just feels perfect.
My quest for my Holy Grail perfume continues. In high school CKOne was my go-to, smelling it as an adult turns my stomach. In university I discovered Calvin Kline Obsession Night and I wore that for quite some time, until it began smelling like pencil shavings to my nose, a sad development in deed. I then discovered Coco Mademoiselle, something I still break out on date nights but I dont love it as much as I once did, I think it has simply become a sentimental favorite. Every now and then I will turn to Fantasy and reprehend myself for not wearing nearly as often as I should. I have had my bottle for at least three years now and every time I wear it, I love it. I also have to admit that the tacky bottle has also grown on me but shhh, dont tell anyone I said that.

on 12/18/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am officially addicted to Fantasy despite being a past-30-year-old non girly-girl, and owning about 80 fragrances, most of which are niche and designer.
Fantasy in a nutshell is tart fruits dipped in white chocolate frosting, paired with wispy florals and a low hum of sensual musk. I bought it on a whim as a cheap thrill and the combination initially smelt way too sweet and heady for me, so imagine my surprise when I started reaching past the Lutens and Malles and grabbing this over-the-top, crystal-studded magenta bottle daily. There's a strange waxy, fleshy butteriness (probably the orris) underpinning the intense sweetness, which I adore and haven't found in any other scent.
Most scents wear close to the skin and don't last on my dry skin, but I'd say Fantasy is definitely better than average. My nose did adjust to the sweetness over time, and I no longer find it heavy or sugary although I try to remind myself that others still might.
[Update] Pink Sugar Sensual is similar, but a touch less fruity and sweet, with a warmer brown-sugar note. I like both, but if you want something a little "quieter" and less girly than Fantasy, give PSS a try.

on 11/24/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't get the hype about this perfume. I bought it at Walmart and thought I would like it as I really enjoy a lot of gourmand perfumes. This wore terribly on me, and it disappeared within 20 minutes. My body chemistry sucks up fragrances though so it's not surprising. Smelled cheap. Not a fan.

This fragrance drives me crazy! no pun intended LOL... but seriously this is one of my absoultely favorite fragrances of all time, it ranks with fancy, katy perry meow and taylor swift. The fragrance tends to be annyoing sometimes tho It gives me a bad headache... a monster headache... but I can't turn it away... LOL the quality is ground breaking for a fruity floral since most of them tend to fade pretty quickly... fantasy sticks around. It makes a statement it's that bold. The white chocolate and cupcake own this fragrance, I don't smell the kiwi at all just the pure sugar baked goods. It is a nice version of pink sugar, pink sugar is just gross. But this is work a sniff!

Popular Fragrances