Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

on 12/16/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was really jazzed to give this one a try, as I'd never smelled it before. Or so I thought. I sprayed it and it immediately hit me: yes, yes I have. A million, trillion, ba-zillion times. Even if not the actual fragrance (which I have indeed, undoubtedly), this smells like every shampoo and body wash with fruity notes these days. But I know Fantasy was the one who started the trend.

This is migraine-inducing in its screechy opening. Oh my. I have to apply this lighter than Angel and that is saying something! It is not to my taste because I'm so utterly bored with fruity/tropical fragrances, and like other reviewers have said, there is no delicious cupcake-y note to be found anymore.

But I give it full marks for being unapologetically what it is. Too many celebrity perfumes meekly pump out 2 hours of these same notes. 1-2 sprays of Fantasy has the longevity and sillage that even some designer EDP's shy away from. It announces ''Yeah, I'm cheap and fruity and smell like a teen. So f**king what? I do what I want''. Very in your face. Respect.

on 2/27/2014 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Already repurchased this perfume once, I love it, always get compliments on it and it lasts all day.

on 10/29/2012 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a .33 oz on ebay just because I wanted to try this out but I didn't want to commit to a full size of this scent just yet. This honestly smells so good and the scent is actually kind of unique as far as sweet scents because of the kiwi. I can't tolerate most sweet scents because my body chemistry can't handle sweet scents (especially vanilla scents...ick!) but this one is amazing. I also like hidden fantasy too.

on 9/20/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked this up in a small bottle at CVS for about $6 (50% off) tonight while searching for qtips and posterboard to support (and embarrass) one of my friends at his football game. I love the tiny pink bottle with green rhinestones in it. I gave the packaging a 1 though because I couldn't get the top off and when I finally did, the little sprayer came off in it and I couldn't get it back out of the lid. Luckily I have a travel perfume carrier tube with a sprayer so I washed that out and put this perfume in. Sadly, some of it got on my hands due to it not being ment to transfer bottles. I agree that its a fruity scent with a baked goods smell as an undertone (sorry, I speak choir, not so much perfume so I suck at explaining things). If I didn't have a crazy schedule tomorrow and Saturday, I'd go pick up another bottle so I'd repurchase unless I got another bottle like that so I guess it depends on if this is an ongoing issue with these bottles

on 6/18/2012 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this on a whim and usually im all about Dior and Chanel perfumes but this has actually turned into one of my favorites I get many compliments on it and it's so refreshing and sweet. Some floral tones but more sugary sweet type of scent.love love love

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Can cupcakes & chocolate ever be a bad thing?

I admit I was a little wary of trying FANTASY - I suffer from migraines so can't wear many sweeter fragrances. However; I'm pleased to say that's not the case with FANTASY.

FANTASY opens with fruity scents of lychee, quince and kiwi. Sweet, but not sickly sweet. The fruit isn't as overpowering in it's sweetness as FANTASY's flanker Midnight Fantasy, so if you don't like that it's still worth testing this.

The key note of vanilla cupcake lingers from the heart to the base, giving FANTASY a lovely warmth that whispers "come closer" to passers by - making this perfect for people who work in public based settings as you'll seem even more approachable.

Of cause; FANTASY is also superb for when you're feeling flirty ;)

The fact that this is in a pink, diamonte studded bottle and has the name Britney Spears attached makes this seem like just another 'tween' release, but I think women of any age can wear this.
In fact, I think FANTASY is a modern classic in the making!!

Scent notes: lychee, quince, kiwi, vanilla cupcake, jasmine, white chocolate, creamy musk, orris root, and woods.

on 6/3/2010 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Well I LOVE this perfume. Its so sweet and girly. The packaging itself is beautiful. I get hints of like candyfloss, rasberres and other sweet things. Im useless at describing scents. I found that when I wear thos people around me always says ''you smell really good''. It is a really heavy scent though so you cant douse yourself in it. I bought the huge 100ml bottle and have continued to purchase this since it came out. I absolutely adore sweet scents. This is like my summer/auntumn scent. I wear it any time really. I recommend it

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Can cupcakes & chocolate ever be a bad thing?

Of cause; FANTASY is also superb for when you're feeling flirty ;)

In fact, I think FANTASY is a modern classic in the making!!

on 8/15/2009 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Eew! It smells sickly sweet was my first reaction when i put it on my wrists. I just can't like this perfume at all. I smelt like a bakery and considering i don't have much of a sweet tooth, well this perfume had to go. I think it'd work with a younger audience though.

on 1/30/2008 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like the initial blast of sweetness of this fragrance. yummy gourmand - quite creamy with fruit note like kiwi or something sweet, sugar and a hint of vanilla. However, after a few seconds its sweetness changes to too much peppery musk and powder with fruit, think of pineapple (yes, I did get pineapple perhaps its how my skin reacts to this fragrance) then after a minute or two it morphs on my skin to an exact dupe of Burberry Brit. not that bad but it is not really what i expected out of this one. I was expecting some sort of cupcake, creamy vanilla scent and not too much musk and powder. I am still giving this 4 lippies because it is still a nice scent in general. it's just my chemistry that is not in tune with it.

Popular Fragrances