Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.9

What a fun perfume! It really gets my mojo flowing when I spray it on. To me it smells fruity at first, loud and in your face. It dries down to a delicious cupcake smell, almost reminiscent of Pink Sugar. I bought a cute little bottle on eBay for cheap and I adore it.

From the moment Fantasy burst onto the scene in 2005 with its hilariously gaudy bottle and psychedelic packaging, it has won a permanent place on my dresser because the juice inside is just...everything right with the world. The initial burst of tangy fruit quickly gives way to a luscious velvety cloud of cupcakes, white chocolate and vanilla that makes your inner child squeal. The drydown has just enough orchid, powdery orris root, and musk to smooth out the composition, make it a proper perfume, and prevent diabetic overload.

Forget about age limits and wearing “serious perfume.” Fantasy is just super-yummy and super-fun, from first sniff to drydown. I do think something happened to the formula (and strength) of this perfume from 2005 to 2018, and I prefer my older bottle just a bit more because it smells richer and two sprays last literally 24 hours on my skin However, the difference isn’t drastic and I’m happy with the newer bottle I keep in my purse as well.

If you can’t wear it seriously, then wear it ironically. Just wear it. It’s Britney, b****! ;^)

on 12/16/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was really jazzed to give this one a try, as I'd never smelled it before. Or so I thought. I sprayed it and it immediately hit me: yes, yes I have. A million, trillion, ba-zillion times. Even if not the actual fragrance (which I have indeed, undoubtedly), this smells like every shampoo and body wash with fruity notes these days. But I know Fantasy was the one who started the trend.

This is migraine-inducing in its screechy opening. Oh my. I have to apply this lighter than Angel and that is saying something! It is not to my taste because I'm so utterly bored with fruity/tropical fragrances, and like other reviewers have said, there is no delicious cupcake-y note to be found anymore.

But I give it full marks for being unapologetically what it is. Too many celebrity perfumes meekly pump out 2 hours of these same notes. 1-2 sprays of Fantasy has the longevity and sillage that even some designer EDP's shy away from. It announces ''Yeah, I'm cheap and fruity and smell like a teen. So f**king what? I do what I want''. Very in your face. Respect.

on 7/29/2017 8:48:00 PM

Really sweet & fun!!! My daughter likes it too. Not to be taken seriously:) The kiwi note makes Fantasy more interesting than just vanilla cupcake scent. I do enjoy it more when I layer it with either pink sugar or Philosophy fresh cream though. The bottle is gorgeous too. I got mine at kohls but you can get for really cheap at fragrancenet, amazon etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've owned lots of perfumes...
some make me feel sick like prada candy, jessica fancy, pink sugar, midnight fantasy... but never been commented on them. Other perfumes like angel, lolita lempicka just smell like a weird sweet detergent on me... I did not want a perfume to smell like a perfume either... I am 21 yet I still HATE with a passion those "sophistication strong perfumes" for example like Black Opium. I am looking for a perfect mix of yummy sugar mixed with a perfume smell that goes along with it. blech. I was ready to give up.

Until I wore this, my boyfriend swears that this stuff is intoxicating on me! I love it too, because at first I can't smell it much, but as the day goes on and the more I party.... the SEXIER the smell gets! It lasts all day. The end stage is like blowing out the candles of the cake. Kind of chocolatey too! I love the smell, and it just works so well with my chemistry and I don't even get a headache! I regret not stocking up on these. I love this perfume so much that when I see them in store again... I'm gonna buy atleast 3!

I don't have many emotional connections to perfumes, but I do to Fantasy. I bought it in highschool, my friend loved it so much she bought it too and I wore it religiously. I explored the other scents in the Fantasy line (e.g. Midnight Fantasy, Hidden Fantasy, Island Fantasy) but the original is the best, and the one I keep coming back too. I have repurchased this fragrance around three times. I really love this scent. It is a very sweet scent, with fruity notes and notes of vanilla and cupcake and there is even some floral in there. It is a modestly priced scent but does not smell cheap or chemically. It is a young, fun scent which boosts your confidence and will be noticed by those around you. I always receive compliments on this scent. I am 21 years old, but this is a scent I would continue to wear throughout my 20s. It is my favourite day-time scent. It makes you feel flirtatious and fun and sexy and sweet. The bottle is beautiful to display on your vanity too, it is pink with green rhinestones studded into it. I love Britney and her perfumes, and will continue to repurchase this beautiful, sweet fragrance.

Top Notes: Kiwi, Red Litchi, Quince.
Heart Notes: White Chocolate, Jasmine, Orchid, Cupcake.
Base Notes: Musk, Orris Root, Woodsy Notes.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

on 10/5/2015 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I used to love this perfume back when I was in my early teens, nowadays I smell it on others and my first thought is cheap. It's great on teens to start their perfume collections, but on an adult woman it is just off putting. It's definitely a "young" perfume. I love the bottle, it's so pretty but probably something you should be moving on from once you get to the pointy end of your teen years.

on 8/22/2015 5:19:00 AM

I thought this was an okay perfume in high school, but testing it out now, years later, I think this perfume has a sickly sweet odor that I would not want clinging to me. The packaging is really cute, and I can understand the teenage attraction to the product, but the scent is way too cloying and synthetic smelling. The price is modest, so this would make for a good starter perfume for young girls.

This smells freaking amazing. Nearly every one of my friends has or has had this perfume at some stage. My partner compliments me whenever I wear it. I got it on sale for $15.99 and am so happy with it. It's such a pretty bottle too!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite everyday perfume, and I have a lot of perfumes! When first sprayed, it smells super sweet, like sugary flowers. After a couple of minutes of wear, the sweetness is replaced with more sweet floral notes. I think this lasts all day long, and I always get compliments on my perfume. This lasts even longer in my clothes for some reason, but no complaints! I'd bathe in this stuff if I could! To top it off, this bottle looks so pretty in my collection! I love Britney Spears fragrances!