Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

I had to change my review since I found out that EA not only changed the bottle in 2010 but also the formula. The ingredients are the same, yet the amount of each is different. Some people noted that it smells not like cupcakes anymore, it's more of a slightly hint. Fortunately, I bought the old and new formula once and I can confirm that. The original smells warm and sweet while the new one leaves a fresh, sweet scent behind. The old one stays a bit longer on my skin while the 2010 reformulated one leaves my senses earlier (confirmed by friends and husband). The old bottle looks like this: - purple-pinkish color - Swarovski crystals under the cap (sry, my English is not good anymore) - matte surface New one: - darker purple-pinkish color - no Swarthmore crystals near the cap - glittery surface. I'm disappointed that EA did that decision because the original formula was flawless. That's why I can't give it full 5 lips.

on 7/29/2017 8:48:00 PM

Really sweet & fun!!! My daughter likes it too. Not to be taken seriously:) The kiwi note makes Fantasy more interesting than just vanilla cupcake scent. I do enjoy it more when I layer it with either pink sugar or Philosophy fresh cream though. The bottle is gorgeous too. I got mine at kohls but you can get for really cheap at fragrancenet, amazon etc.

on 7/17/2016 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What's not to like about this? A love potion locked inside a beautifully Swarovski adorned, hot pink bottle.

I wore this all throughout my teens and now I'm still religiously wearing it in my adulthood. Sweet? Yes. But well done.

Opens with a blast of kiwi fruit, this can off put a lot of people who try Fantasy. It can be sour, but trust me.. wait for it. The white chocolate appears and then cupcake.. with orchids lingering in the background ever so slightly. This is when the magic happens, this is heavenly.

Forever love, love, love. A celebrity scent that catapulted so many others into the gourmand spectrum. Perfume has no age limit, remember that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are so many gourmand scents (well, all scents really) around this time of year, particularly sweet/gourmand scents. This is a very sweet fruity like scent, despite the fact this was a christmas present that i would not usually buy for myself, (not usually into celebrity perfumes) i have to say i am very impressed that such an inexpensive perfume has such good sillage. Better than a lot of designer brands. And i like that it contains kiwi, a nice touch. Reasonable perfume, considering the price. I'd think it'd be best for mid to late teenagers, blooming into adulthood. I won't be repurchasing but I'd recommend as very reasonable based on the low price for a bargain.

on 7/22/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Love this fragrance ! Just wished it lasted longer

on 8/3/2016 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On about my fourth bottle since this came out .. I did at one time like midnight fantasy better and paused on wearing this for a while but now midnight fantasy smells like so many body washes now days so I'm back to wearing fantasy .. As far as sweet scents this one and pink sugar are in my regular rotation and why because fantasy has that sweet but fruity note and pink sugar is pure cotton candy with that one harsh note of whatever it is .. Two different aspects of sweetness and fantasy lasts long and smells better as it wears.. I like the fact that it's cheaper to purchase now but I don't think the popularity has slowed down because someone was buying this at a fragrance stand at the mall the other day and I wanted to tell the person that it can be bought cheaper online but didn't want to blow a sale for the lady at the fragrance stand ..

on 3/9/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am very lucky to own a few Full Bottles Of The Original
**Pre Re-formulated** Fantasy (From before 2009).
and even though i am a male (but a Gay one lol)....
I Am Simply Addicted To The Original And Delicious Formula Of "Fantasy"!

Fantasy was born as a **MASTERPIECE** - a magical love potion.
a masterpiece that was the pioneer in its floral-fruity-gourmand category.
a masterpiece that so many fragrances tried to be.
she is the queen of all fruity-gourmand fragrances
she is the queen of all queens,

Listen, i know this will sound over dramatic to some...
and some will think i should relax and stop being a drama queen,
but in times when i felt sad or sick or when i went through hard times,
this perfume always cheered me up right away.
i would spray this on,and my mood would dramatically change.
suddenly everything would seem happy,pink,yummy and beautiful.
just like white chocolate,exotic fruits and delicious cupcakes would make anyone feel better.

And besides that,
My Boyfriend Loooves It On Me,
Everytime I Have It On, He goes crazy and Just Cannot Take His Hands Off Of Me.
It's Like What Catnip Is to Cats! LOL
He Always Says That When I Put This On, Then All He Wants Is To Jump On Me, Take Me To Bed And Eat Me Up, Hehe.
I Love It When My Strong Handsome King Puts On His Strong Masculine Bad boi Scents And I Put On This Grliy,Sweet,Fruity,Feminine Pretty Boi Scent lol.
This Makes Me Feel So Feminine ....I Love It!

this little gem makes me feel so sexy and yummy it makes me wanna go on romantic dates on a breezy fall evening and french kiss my man.

There Are Two (Materialistic) Things I'm Proud To Have and Own.....

1 - My Stunning,Ultra Rare,Super Luxurious Collection Of Iconic Vintage Gianni Versace Sunglasses (mostley from the 92 -96 collections).

2 - All The Stock of Bottles I Have Of The Original pre re-formulated Fantasy Perfume.

because from the moment i knew that this perfume has been re-formulated,
i went on a hunt to search for a store here in my country that still had the old formula.

i was full of hope because i knew that it was being importaed here so there must be a store that still had some old stock of the old formula.

i looked in Every fancy dipartment store here but no one had the old formula!

i almost sadly gave up....
until one day i came across this OLD perfume store with this cute little old lady she had the old formula!!! i felt i won the jackpot! lol

she said she had bought some of them a few years prior to that and that nobody bought it because most of her clients were old ladies that dont use these kind of sweet fruity perfumes.

she was soooo over the moon happy that she found a buyer to those "cheap" perfumes she had been stuck with....
that she told me if i buy all of the stock she had,
then she would sell me a 3.3oz bottle for 20$ a piece!
and knowing that i will not let this Treasure get away from me....
i bought Every Single Bottle she had in stock (11 in fact!) Lol.

and now i understand what a Bargain it was cuz today i would have HAPPILY paid so much More if i had been stuck without the old formula.
(im such a pre re-formulated fantasy SL*T...ugh,it's pathetic lol).

plus....men (as i found) go C-r-a-z-y for this fragrance.
it just really motivates them or something.
they respond really strongly to it (at least the kind of bad boiz i normally go for lol).

and if you would have told me a few years ago that i would be so much in love with such an overly-syinthetic cheap celebrity perfume,
i would never have belived it!.....but i am!

Guys, you really need to undersatnd....i have perfumes ranging anywhere from 300 dollars (Ramon molvizar and creed) , to 800 dollars (joy) and all the way to about 2000 dollars (Clive Christian and cijar),
and to say the truth (even though Shocking to addmit it),but if i HAD to choose only ONE fragrance to take to a deserted island, then it would be this perfume!

if i had to give-up all my perfumes and choose only one perfume to use for the rest of my life.....it would be Fantasy.
it is my FAVORITE fragrance that i own.

and thats why i dont care anymore what others think!
i simply dont care anymore if my snobby up-tight know it all "high-end" perfume loving friends say that its "cheap" or "childish" or "un-complexed" or WHATEVER!
I Love It! ....... And that is the **Only** thing that counts!

it is the only fragrance that everytime i spray it on me...i have this HUGE smile on my face hahaha, i just cant help it! :)

yes the bottle looks tacky and a bit cheap,
and yes its weird for me to say that what i have on is a "britney spears" perfume...but it just smeels sooo damn good.

to me...the old formula is 10X superior to the new re-formulated version.
the new formulation has soooo much more of the musky and tart kiwi tones to it.
the kiwi notes (in the old formula) steps aside alot more in order to give room to the super creamy white choloate-cupcake bliss.

i think the re-formulated version is no where near as amazing as the old formula is.

i mean the new formula is not "disgusting" or anything...
but i just like the old formula a Hell lot more.

and this perfume lasts and lasts and lasts....it has amazing longevity.
i can actually take a shower and still smell traces of it on my skin..
this perfume is so Magical,
what i love about fantasy is that even though it is very sweet, it also has airy fresh tones to it and i can use it on a hot summer day as well as on a cold winter morning.
every time i put it on...it makes me feel so happy :-)

i urge every gourmand scent lover to try this (old or new formula),
you WILL Fall in love .

Enjoy :-)

on 6/18/2016 12:08:00 AM

I am 45 years old. I own some very serious classic perfumes, as befits a lady of my vintage and professional standing.... But damn if I don't LOVE Fantasy, and have for years!

I love Fantasy with my lizard brain, the deep-seated childlike portion that squeals, "OMG!" when it sees a hot-pink bottle with green crystals all over it, and "YUMMM!" when it smells cupcakes, white chocolate, kiwi-strawberry candy, and baby powder in equal measures.

Yes, Fantasy is a common fragrance and smells
a lot like something that would be piped into teen clothing stores to induce euphoria (and spending). It is the quintessential Mall Perfume, unabashedly synthetic and riding high on the fruity-floral celebu-scent trend train.

But it's still pretty great stuff. It's instantly recognizable and enjoyable
from start to finish, from the initial
burst of tart fruits through the choco-vanillic heart and on to the quite pretty and balanced powdery-orris finish. In fact, it's kind of perfect for what it is. Fantasy is to fragrance what Sbarro pizza is to the food court: iconic, junky yet irresistible, with a comforting familiarity. Fantasy is to fragrance what Justice is to fashion: silly, sassy, overtly loud and juvenile, yet oh so cute.

I've smelled other Britney flankers and other scents in this category, and not liked them nearly as well, even if intellectually I knew some of them were more elegant and mature compositions (like Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights). In the end, I can't not have that PINK!!! SPARKLY!!! bottle on my dresser and I can't not sometimes spray on its SWEET!!! YUMMINESS!!! And btw I get tons of compliments when I do. Fantasy is wearable
candy, and just plain wearable.

TRY IT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've owned lots of perfumes...
some make me feel sick like prada candy, jessica fancy, pink sugar, midnight fantasy... but never been commented on them. Other perfumes like angel, lolita lempicka just smell like a weird sweet detergent on me... I did not want a perfume to smell like a perfume either... I am 21 yet I still HATE with a passion those "sophistication strong perfumes" for example like Black Opium. I am looking for a perfect mix of yummy sugar mixed with a perfume smell that goes along with it. blech. I was ready to give up.

Until I wore this, my boyfriend swears that this stuff is intoxicating on me! I love it too, because at first I can't smell it much, but as the day goes on and the more I party.... the SEXIER the smell gets! It lasts all day. The end stage is like blowing out the candles of the cake. Kind of chocolatey too! I love the smell, and it just works so well with my chemistry and I don't even get a headache! I regret not stocking up on these. I love this perfume so much that when I see them in store again... I'm gonna buy atleast 3!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This perfume is very...middle school teen girl. It's very powerful and a deep scent, very heavy. The packaging is cute and the price is great, however, if I had to wear it the lotion form is much more tolerable and wearable. I'm all for a deep and heavy perfume but this one is quite overwhelming and has caused others to have headaches.

Overall: good perfume for a teenage girl, packaging is cutesy albeit impractical at times and its a true heavy scent.

Popular Fragrances