Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

From the moment Fantasy burst onto the scene in 2005 with its hilariously gaudy bottle and psychedelic packaging, it has won a permanent place on my dresser because the juice inside is just...everything right with the world. The initial burst of tangy fruit quickly gives way to a luscious velvety cloud of cupcakes, white chocolate and vanilla that makes your inner child squeal. The drydown has just enough orchid, powdery orris root, and musk to smooth out the composition, make it a proper perfume, and prevent diabetic overload.

Forget about age limits and wearing “serious perfume.” Fantasy is just super-yummy and super-fun, from first sniff to drydown. I do think something happened to the formula (and strength) of this perfume from 2005 to 2018, and I prefer my older bottle just a bit more because it smells richer and two sprays last literally 24 hours on my skin However, the difference isn’t drastic and I’m happy with the newer bottle I keep in my purse as well.

If you can’t wear it seriously, then wear it ironically. Just wear it. It’s Britney, b****! ;^)

on 2/23/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't care for Britney Spears at all but I will admit that I do like Fantasy. I agree with the other poster that it is very sugary sweet and something I only wear in the summer. I think the packaging is really pretty too.

on 7/26/2009 7:18:00 PM

What a pretty fragrance! I really didn't think I would like it. I find it hard to find fragrances that don't make me feel ill and give me a headache. So glad this one doesn't, as it is a very pretty, not too heavy fragrance. It's fruity and floral. I wouldn't have picked cupcake out as a note if I had not read that description. If I think hard about it, I do smell that a bit, but not overtly. I definitely don't think "baked goods" when I smell this. It seems to be lasting very well, and is not an overbearing fragrance.

Edited to add: This is the only fragrance that I consistently get complimented on every time I wear it. And although many reviewers like to say it's only for preteen girls, I'm a middle aged woman, and I love it.

This would be a wonderful fragrance for a young girl, but I like it too.

I like the bottle, too. It's different, and pretty.

All in all, just a really fun, enjoyable perfume.

on 10/13/2008 5:39:00 PM

Loved this fragrance despite being twice the age of the group its targeted towards! Very nice foody but not-too-sweet scent, just lovely to wear to work. Will repurchase and it made me want to try the other Britney fragrances as well.

on 8/14/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I simply LOVE this perfume although I'm ashamed to admit it. This is heavenly!! Very sweet and intoxicating. Great lasting power too. I do not know if Ms. Spears actually had any say in the choice of these notes but if she did I salute her. What an remarkably unique and intoxicating fragrance. LOVE it!! I originally purchased this at Macy's, and lately have only been able to find it at CVS. I hope this is not an indication of any type thought of discontinuation of this, because i would weep. I truly enjoy these notes especially when I'm feeling truly girlie and feminine. LOVE this one, but may not be for most as it is really sweet and gourmand with some notes that some may find annoying or too much.

on 3/2/2007 2:53:00 PM

I've never been big on gourmand fragrances, and initially thought this would be either too sweet or too "foody" on me. But what a pleasant surprise. Out of the literally hundreds of vanilla-based fragrances I have ever worn, I have to say I give Fantasy my highest accord. It's sweet but not overwhelming. Powdery, but not to the point of strangulation. It has all of right elements in just the right amounts. I only wish the shower gel weren't so hard to find. The body souffle is divine - the oils come through long after you have showered.
For some reason, men seem to love this scent. Or, at least, they seem to hover around more frequently when I am wearing it.

on 12/25/2006 4:43:00 PM

I ADORE this to death. Not only does it smell luscious--like Vanilla or cotton candy and fruit--but it comes in the most gorgeous bottle. The bottle is pink and round with little rhinestones all over it--very cute. I seriously can't stop opening the bottle and taking little sniffs of this every few seconds--it's that addicting. I just got this as a gift today (I had been wanting it for a long time though) and I plan on wearing it every day.

on 9/23/2006 2:31:00 PM

Ok..I'm supposed to be too old to like this fragrance, but I LOVE IT. (i'm over 45)
After reading about the notes, sweet and vanillaly and fruity I was interested. Saw it at right aid for $10.00 off all fragrances and bought it unsniffed.
Was I happy when I sprayed it on. It reminds me of Pink Sugar but better. Very complex frgrance with great blended top, middle and dry down notes. Unlike most here..I love the bottle too. Pretty bright pink with lime green crystals...gotta love it continued >>

I got a nice sample made up for me at Sephora, so I had a chance to really test this before buying it. I love this fragrance, which is a vanilla and grapefruit scent. My husband immediately loved it which reinforced my opinion that even though I have Pink Sugar I need this too. It lasts and does not break down into anything really different later, and lingers nicely on your clothing. It is not overpowering or over sweet. The bottle is adorable and unique.

on 12/29/2005 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I abhorred celebrity scents. I used to believe that anyone who wore one was insecure and trying to emulate the star. Well, I was wrong. By thinking this way, I was missing out on some nice perfumes. One time on this website, I read a post from a MUA member said, "Who cares whose name is on the bottle if you really enjoy wearing the juice?" I quite agree. This is not targeted to my age group at all (46). I do not like the personalities of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or J-Lo. But I have to admit I like some of their scents. Fantasy is one scent that my 10 y.o. daughter and I both can wear. Sweet, soft, not cloying, girlish and youthful. Perfect with jeans during the day or night. I still adore Shalimar and Chanel No. 5, but it is fun to wear this one for a change.

Popular Fragrances