Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

on 9/21/2005 9:59:00 AM

After three tests on skin and a struggle to overcome the fact that again I like another Britney Spears fragrance, I am caving on a bottle of Fantasy.
Notes include: red lychee, quince, kiwi, cupcake accord (more like frosting to me), jasmine, white chocolate accord, musk, orris root, and sensual woods.

The lychee smells like pears to me, and the top fruits are almost obscured by the upcoming cupcake accord, which gives the foody-sweet cakey smell right away on my skin. It seems to be very vanilla in 'flavor' to me. I am sure that any cupcake accord would include vanilla! This part of the fragrance is girl, sweet, cute, young, but not cloying or overpowering at all. But wait! Could it be that there's something deeper hidden here? Yes, there is! The drydown on this fragrance is a total surprise, devastatingly sexy and totally all-woman, not girly. The drydown stunned me. It became a sensuous, sultry, mysterious, bombshell scent on my skin! Sort of exactly what Britney is, if you think about it. Bravo to Arden and Ann Gottlieb who was the perfumer on this one. And too bad that it could happen that some people will dismiss this as just another celebrity scent and not give it a chance because of Spears. It's worthy, I tell you!

on 3/2/2007 2:53:00 PM

I've never been big on gourmand fragrances, and initially thought this would be either too sweet or too "foody" on me. But what a pleasant surprise. Out of the literally hundreds of vanilla-based fragrances I have ever worn, I have to say I give Fantasy my highest accord. It's sweet but not overwhelming. Powdery, but not to the point of strangulation. It has all of right elements in just the right amounts. I only wish the shower gel weren't so hard to find. The body souffle is divine - the oils come through long after you have showered.
For some reason, men seem to love this scent. Or, at least, they seem to hover around more frequently when I am wearing it.

From the moment Fantasy burst onto the scene in 2005 with its hilariously gaudy bottle and psychedelic packaging, it has won a permanent place on my dresser because the juice inside is just...everything right with the world. The initial burst of tangy fruit quickly gives way to a luscious velvety cloud of cupcakes, white chocolate and vanilla that makes your inner child squeal. The drydown has just enough orchid, powdery orris root, and musk to smooth out the composition, make it a proper perfume, and prevent diabetic overload.

Forget about age limits and wearing “serious perfume.” Fantasy is just super-yummy and super-fun, from first sniff to drydown. I do think something happened to the formula (and strength) of this perfume from 2005 to 2018, and I prefer my older bottle just a bit more because it smells richer and two sprays last literally 24 hours on my skin However, the difference isn’t drastic and I’m happy with the newer bottle I keep in my purse as well.

If you can’t wear it seriously, then wear it ironically. Just wear it. It’s Britney, b****! ;^)

on 12/29/2005 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I abhorred celebrity scents. I used to believe that anyone who wore one was insecure and trying to emulate the star. Well, I was wrong. By thinking this way, I was missing out on some nice perfumes. One time on this website, I read a post from a MUA member said, "Who cares whose name is on the bottle if you really enjoy wearing the juice?" I quite agree. This is not targeted to my age group at all (46). I do not like the personalities of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or J-Lo. But I have to admit I like some of their scents. Fantasy is one scent that my 10 y.o. daughter and I both can wear. Sweet, soft, not cloying, girlish and youthful. Perfect with jeans during the day or night. I still adore Shalimar and Chanel No. 5, but it is fun to wear this one for a change.

on 12/1/2011 5:06:00 PM

Absolutely not as bad as you might think. yes it is vanilla cotton candy, and yes it is very sweet. But, the staying power is phenomenal, and the bottle is very pretty. A nice, sweet, unpretentious teenage scent at a reasonable price - what's wrong with that?
!

on 7/26/2009 7:18:00 PM

What a pretty fragrance! I really didn't think I would like it. I find it hard to find fragrances that don't make me feel ill and give me a headache. So glad this one doesn't, as it is a very pretty, not too heavy fragrance. It's fruity and floral. I wouldn't have picked cupcake out as a note if I had not read that description. If I think hard about it, I do smell that a bit, but not overtly. I definitely don't think "baked goods" when I smell this. It seems to be lasting very well, and is not an overbearing fragrance.

Edited to add: This is the only fragrance that I consistently get complimented on every time I wear it. And although many reviewers like to say it's only for preteen girls, I'm a middle aged woman, and I love it.

This would be a wonderful fragrance for a young girl, but I like it too.

I like the bottle, too. It's different, and pretty.

All in all, just a really fun, enjoyable perfume.

on 10/13/2008 5:39:00 PM

Loved this fragrance despite being twice the age of the group its targeted towards! Very nice foody but not-too-sweet scent, just lovely to wear to work. Will repurchase and it made me want to try the other Britney fragrances as well.

on 12/14/2010 7:13:00 AM

My 17 year old LOVES this....but I tried it and I was surprised...I liked it too!! My daughter always gets complimented when she wears this and its the ONLY Britney scent that we like. The others are not as nice or ICK!

I'm an older lady...but even I wear it occasionally!

on 8/14/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I simply LOVE this perfume although I'm ashamed to admit it. This is heavenly!! Very sweet and intoxicating. Great lasting power too. I do not know if Ms. Spears actually had any say in the choice of these notes but if she did I salute her. What an remarkably unique and intoxicating fragrance. LOVE it!! I originally purchased this at Macy's, and lately have only been able to find it at CVS. I hope this is not an indication of any type thought of discontinuation of this, because i would weep. I truly enjoy these notes especially when I'm feeling truly girlie and feminine. LOVE this one, but may not be for most as it is really sweet and gourmand with some notes that some may find annoying or too much.

on 4/2/2006 11:14:00 AM

Disclaimer: I'm not one of those perfume snobs who refuses to try anything (or won't admit she does) that isn't from a niche perfumery. I will try anything from anywhere, the less expensive the better. (Scottish background...very frugal) With this one...an immediate and very large throbbing headache greeted me about a minute after I sprayed the sample on my arm. I couldn't hang around and wait for the drydown without risking fainting. It was like being blasted and marinated with toxic chemicals. After washing it off my sinuses remained inflamed for an hour or more... All I can say is that this is a dishonest fragrance. Very cheaply made. Robustly unhealthy.

Popular Fragrances