Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 8/25/2005 9:44:00 PM

I've been DYING to try this. I sprayed this today in Macys. I thought it wasnt going to hit stores until Sept, but my Macys actually had it. First, the pink round bottle is very pretty. So is the box it comes in! The fragrance is VERY similar to Pink Sugar by Aquolina, only Fantasy lasts half as long. It's a warm cupcake/chocolatey caramel scent. I sprayed it on my inner arm and it lasted a whole 5 minutes! Then NOTHING. Not even a drydown. Curious even had more lasting power. Fantasy smells good, but I'm sorry, I've had $10 body mists that lasted longer on my skin. It's also not cheap. I wouldn't purchase this, let alone REpurchase it! Britney (or her "people") has mastered hyping up a fragrance and designing the package, but there isnt much else as far as scent goes.

on 9/7/2005 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was unexpectedly impressed with this fragrance...I spritzed it on while at Filene's and found that it started off kind of buttery and ice cream-y but then I detected an element that made it more of a EDP than Jessica Simpson-esque body spray. Very nice and surprising. Regarding the other reviews on this product I found that the drydown did, in fact, smell very much like Aquolina's Pink Sugar, however, it lasted forever on me! It has been hours since I sprayed it on my wrist and I keep picking up the scent even though I had nearly forgotten it was there...This is one of those scents that I have a feeling will smell very differently on different people.

on 9/7/2005 9:43:00 PM

This is Aqualina Pink Sugar w/less staying power. Yep....that's it. Nothing more.

Though I would use neither the term "well-composed" nor "lovely" to describe Ms. Spears herself, the adjectives surprsingly do indeed apply quite well to her latest perfume, Fantasy. It starts off as a wholly gourmand fragrance: an intoxicating aroma of warm yellow cupcake batter and sugary vanilla frosting. Whereas many vanilla and foody scents tend to be heavy, artificial or overly saccharine, here those notes rendered carefully and subtley, creating a warm and cozy, rather than a cloying, effect. Slowly the foody notes unfurl into a sweet, tart blend of summer fruits -- kiwi, pear, starfruit and lychee are all present to my nose. The fruit blend is quite sweet and lovely, and it alone made me decide that Fantasy is one of the best tropical summer scents I had smelled. My only quibble was that the fruits might be a little too sweet and tart for some, and alone they made the fragrance seem rather thin -- like a body spray. But soon the initial cupcake notes returned at the base of the fragrance, and this underscoring not only creates a delightful mixture of smells, but grounds and deepens the fruits quite nicely. Lasting power was at least 7 to 8 hours on my skin. The packaging might be considered cheesy by some, but I actually found it endearingly quirky and chintzy. Notes: red lychee, golden quince, kiwi, cupcake accord, jasmine, white chocolate orchid , musk, orris root and woods. continued >>

on 9/9/2005 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Cute and girly bottle and package! Cute and girly scent! This whole thing works. A great, sweet and feminine scent I see my younger daughter, who is 14, wearing. And she likes it, too!

I didn't base the review on Britney Spears, and more towards the scent itself, the lasting power, the price & bottle. Yea, I'm a HUGE Britney fan BUT if the stuff stinks or I don't like it I'm not going to spray this stuff on me or buy it! I went Macy*s to check it out, & it smells almost like Pink Sugar. Fruity, musk, warm and sweet. I bought it! The perfume defines flirty, fun & feminine. My friends comment on how this *could be* my signature scent. Even my mom liked it! OF course I didn't tell them who it was by until the last mintue, lol. I don't know what some reviewers are talking about the lack of lasting power...this stuff stuck with me for 8 hrs +! I spray a lot though, my neck, chest, back, wrist, stomach, LOL! Some perfume company don't focus too much on the bottles but this one looks cute with my vanity table, very funky and girly. The package Fantasy come with, omgosh, it's so adoreable! It looked like a gift box, beautiful colors too. And when you open the box, well you ppl who bought it know what I'm talking about (lol)Great job whoever thought about that! Pretty pricey $45 for a small one, $55 for a BIG and I mean BIG one but worth it IMO.

on 9/10/2005 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is very very sweet....not unpleasant but just sweet. ideal for school i would say.

I did not think that I would actually end up buying a bottle of this, but, that thought didn't last long because I bought the small 1.7 oz. today. :-) I tried it on my wrist and decided to walk around the mall to see how it would settle/develop on my skin. At first spritz, it's a sweet, vanilla, slighty fruity scent, but it then dries down into a soft, warm, subtely spicy sugary vanilla. If you like Burberry Brit, you might also like Fantasy, since the drydown really reminded me of Brit. It's not a strong scent, but rather sits closer to the skin and just makes you smell *really* good. It's girly, yes, but that works for me since I happen to be one. :-) I think this fragrance can be worn to the office, and also on an evening date. It's pleasant, and I really don't think anyone would be offended or bothered by it (as long as you're not the type to finish up a full bottle in 2 weeks). :-) The lasting power is pretty decent, as I believe I could smell is for over 4 hours. I wasn't too fond of the bottle at first, but it's really growing on me now and I think it's pretty cute. It looks intriguing sitting on my dresser.
EDITED 9/20/05: I'm so sad to say that I returned my bottle. I like the scent a lot, but the headache it gave me was unbearable!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

my happy surprise...Fantasy is another pretty perfume by Britney for me to love...comes in the prettiest box that looks like a present with a green bow...prettiest pink bottle with green crystals...pretty sweet vanilla perfume with some flowers...jasmine,orchid,orris(iris)...smells very close to Pink Sugar...like Pink Sugar's little sister which makes me happy...pretty sugar,cupcake, vanilla perfume...smells like a cupcake with some vanilla frosting...spray this on when you want to smell sweet and pretty!

on 9/14/2005 1:11:00 PM

Such a cute bottle and smells DIVINE!!! I love it, but it doesn't seem to have staying power. :( Maybe she'll come out with a lotion so we can layer and get it to last longer. Remindes me a lot of Pink Sugar.... So far Britney has great taste in perfumes, I love Curious too, and it seems to have better staying power.

Popular Fragrances