Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

on 6/18/2016 12:08:00 AM

I am 45 years old. I own some very serious classic perfumes, as befits a lady of my vintage and professional standing.... But damn if I don't LOVE Fantasy, and have for years!

I love Fantasy with my lizard brain, the deep-seated childlike portion that squeals, "OMG!" when it sees a hot-pink bottle with green crystals all over it, and "YUMMM!" when it smells cupcakes, white chocolate, kiwi-strawberry candy, and baby powder in equal measures.

Yes, Fantasy is a common fragrance and smells
a lot like something that would be piped into teen clothing stores to induce euphoria (and spending). It is the quintessential Mall Perfume, unabashedly synthetic and riding high on the fruity-floral celebu-scent trend train.

But it's still pretty great stuff. It's instantly recognizable and enjoyable
from start to finish, from the initial
burst of tart fruits through the choco-vanillic heart and on to the quite pretty and balanced powdery-orris finish. In fact, it's kind of perfect for what it is. Fantasy is to fragrance what Sbarro pizza is to the food court: iconic, junky yet irresistible, with a comforting familiarity. Fantasy is to fragrance what Justice is to fashion: silly, sassy, overtly loud and juvenile, yet oh so cute.

I've smelled other Britney flankers and other scents in this category, and not liked them nearly as well, even if intellectually I knew some of them were more elegant and mature compositions (like Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights). In the end, I can't not have that PINK!!! SPARKLY!!! bottle on my dresser and I can't not sometimes spray on its SWEET!!! YUMMINESS!!! And btw I get tons of compliments when I do. Fantasy is wearable
candy, and just plain wearable.

TRY IT.

on 5/19/2014 8:02:00 AM

I've been on a mission lately to find the sweetest scent i can find. I've reviewed Prada Candy, Lancomes Elle La Vie Est Belle and Victor and Rolfs Bon Bon. I really enjoy cakey scents so it's a no brainer that I thought I was really gong to like Fantasy. I didn't that much though am really going to like Fantasy. Compared to the other ones, though, it didn't stand a chance. Fantasy Is so light I can barely smell it on myself and it doesn't smell of class like the aforementioned fragrances do. I think I am going to have to pick pick Prada Candy though, That's caramel overload though and is awesome Fantasy isn't terrible though It really does smell like cupcakes though but its geared towards more of a younger market that can afford this fragrance. Lancme Elle La Vie Est Belle was my favorite out of the lot. A total class act of a fragrance and sweet to boot. Fantasies bottle is gorgeous and fits the scent perfectly. Fantasy makes me think of a rainbow in the sky make entirely of cupcakes and little pink unicorns are flying all about the rainbow. Cute little scent but not the best.

on 12/1/2011 5:06:00 PM

Absolutely not as bad as you might think. yes it is vanilla cotton candy, and yes it is very sweet. But, the staying power is phenomenal, and the bottle is very pretty. A nice, sweet, unpretentious teenage scent at a reasonable price - what's wrong with that?
!

on 12/14/2010 7:13:00 AM

My 17 year old LOVES this....but I tried it and I was surprised...I liked it too!! My daughter always gets complimented when she wears this and its the ONLY Britney scent that we like. The others are not as nice or ICK!

I'm an older lady...but even I wear it occasionally!

on 2/23/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't care for Britney Spears at all but I will admit that I do like Fantasy. I agree with the other poster that it is very sugary sweet and something I only wear in the summer. I think the packaging is really pretty too.

on 7/26/2009 7:18:00 PM

What a pretty fragrance! I really didn't think I would like it. I find it hard to find fragrances that don't make me feel ill and give me a headache. So glad this one doesn't, as it is a very pretty, not too heavy fragrance. It's fruity and floral. I wouldn't have picked cupcake out as a note if I had not read that description. If I think hard about it, I do smell that a bit, but not overtly. I definitely don't think "baked goods" when I smell this. It seems to be lasting very well, and is not an overbearing fragrance.

Edited to add: This is the only fragrance that I consistently get complimented on every time I wear it. And although many reviewers like to say it's only for preteen girls, I'm a middle aged woman, and I love it.

This would be a wonderful fragrance for a young girl, but I like it too.

I like the bottle, too. It's different, and pretty.

All in all, just a really fun, enjoyable perfume.

on 10/13/2008 5:39:00 PM

Loved this fragrance despite being twice the age of the group its targeted towards! Very nice foody but not-too-sweet scent, just lovely to wear to work. Will repurchase and it made me want to try the other Britney fragrances as well.

on 8/14/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I simply LOVE this perfume although I'm ashamed to admit it. This is heavenly!! Very sweet and intoxicating. Great lasting power too. I do not know if Ms. Spears actually had any say in the choice of these notes but if she did I salute her. What an remarkably unique and intoxicating fragrance. LOVE it!! I originally purchased this at Macy's, and lately have only been able to find it at CVS. I hope this is not an indication of any type thought of discontinuation of this, because i would weep. I truly enjoy these notes especially when I'm feeling truly girlie and feminine. LOVE this one, but may not be for most as it is really sweet and gourmand with some notes that some may find annoying or too much.

on 3/2/2007 2:53:00 PM

I've never been big on gourmand fragrances, and initially thought this would be either too sweet or too "foody" on me. But what a pleasant surprise. Out of the literally hundreds of vanilla-based fragrances I have ever worn, I have to say I give Fantasy my highest accord. It's sweet but not overwhelming. Powdery, but not to the point of strangulation. It has all of right elements in just the right amounts. I only wish the shower gel weren't so hard to find. The body souffle is divine - the oils come through long after you have showered.
For some reason, men seem to love this scent. Or, at least, they seem to hover around more frequently when I am wearing it.

on 12/25/2006 4:43:00 PM

I ADORE this to death. Not only does it smell luscious--like Vanilla or cotton candy and fruit--but it comes in the most gorgeous bottle. The bottle is pink and round with little rhinestones all over it--very cute. I seriously can't stop opening the bottle and taking little sniffs of this every few seconds--it's that addicting. I just got this as a gift today (I had been wanting it for a long time though) and I plan on wearing it every day.

Popular Fragrances