Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.6

on 12/16/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was really jazzed to give this one a try, as I'd never smelled it before. Or so I thought. I sprayed it and it immediately hit me: yes, yes I have. A million, trillion, ba-zillion times. Even if not the actual fragrance (which I have indeed, undoubtedly), this smells like every shampoo and body wash with fruity notes these days. But I know Fantasy was the one who started the trend.

This is migraine-inducing in its screechy opening. Oh my. I have to apply this lighter than Angel and that is saying something! It is not to my taste because I'm so utterly bored with fruity/tropical fragrances, and like other reviewers have said, there is no delicious cupcake-y note to be found anymore.

But I give it full marks for being unapologetically what it is. Too many celebrity perfumes meekly pump out 2 hours of these same notes. 1-2 sprays of Fantasy has the longevity and sillage that even some designer EDP's shy away from. It announces ''Yeah, I'm cheap and fruity and smell like a teen. So f**king what? I do what I want''. Very in your face. Respect.

on 7/29/2017 8:48:00 PM

Really sweet & fun!!! My daughter likes it too. Not to be taken seriously:) The kiwi note makes Fantasy more interesting than just vanilla cupcake scent. I do enjoy it more when I layer it with either pink sugar or Philosophy fresh cream though. The bottle is gorgeous too. I got mine at kohls but you can get for really cheap at fragrancenet, amazon etc.

on 8/3/2016 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On about my fourth bottle since this came out .. I did at one time like midnight fantasy better and paused on wearing this for a while but now midnight fantasy smells like so many body washes now days so I'm back to wearing fantasy .. As far as sweet scents this one and pink sugar are in my regular rotation and why because fantasy has that sweet but fruity note and pink sugar is pure cotton candy with that one harsh note of whatever it is .. Two different aspects of sweetness and fantasy lasts long and smells better as it wears.. I like the fact that it's cheaper to purchase now but I don't think the popularity has slowed down because someone was buying this at a fragrance stand at the mall the other day and I wanted to tell the person that it can be bought cheaper online but didn't want to blow a sale for the lady at the fragrance stand ..

on 12/22/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

It surprises me greatly that this smells like a slightly milder Euphoria by Ck with a dash of vanilla. I never got along with Euphoria, so what a shock it was for me to smell Euphoria because I was expecting to smell delicious cup cakes. I waited forever for something to change to cup cake but it never happened, then it dawned on me that this is not a usual kind of cup cake. It's a floral concoction with vanilla and fruit to wear not eat.
I was expecting a delicious edible like cup cake, silly me. Now that I know what to expect from this my expectations have changed and I accept this scent for what it is. It's long lasting and when you know what this is all about its a good one.

on 2/14/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not a safe blind buy people! I was so excited to try it based on so many good reviews on Fragrantica, but it's a major FAIL! It's super sweet and I couldn't detect any of the other notes, except for the white chocolate? I'm so glad I only got the smallest bottle for $9.99! I had a bad feeling when I detect the sweetness as I ripped open the plastic case around the bottle. So yeah, you can smell this before you open the cap or even spraying it! If you want a sweet fragrance, try Pink Sugar....fresh, sweet, and much more interesting due to the licorice note.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

sweet smell. good to lift up the mood. The packaging is so girly. perfect for teenagers

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this stuff smells like an old woman. i was not pleased with the smell . i got this as a gift for christmas like 2 years ago and it has sat in my bathroom that long. i wont wear it . my boyfriend made comments on how awful it smelled too. and he normally isnt opinionated.

on 2/27/2014 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Already repurchased this perfume once, I love it, always get compliments on it and it lasts all day.

on 12/15/2013 11:45:00 PM

This product lasts all day... but not in a good way, at least on me. It had a super sweet fake plastic smell. It didn't give me a headache, but the smell sickened me.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The cupcake is a nice smell but doesn't belong on a lady.

However I couldn't possibly say that this smells good. This is very cloying. I think if you took Pink Sugar, Demeter's Sugar Cookie, Estee Lauder's Paradise, and some vodka and poured it into your well-used makeup bag, you'd have a very similar smell.

Popular Fragrances