MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.2

on 8/13/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble finding a pink that looks good on you, check this out! I am nw20, deep winter and on me this is a slightly purple (more lavendar) toned pink with some gold laced through it. It is the perfect balance of warm and cool and pink for my complicated complexion that tends to pull orange/brown out of any shade that has it. I can't wear stuff that is too warm (yellow pinks) or too cool. Creme de la Femme is a well balanced neutral pink. And I am so over matte right now or thick heavy lipsticks that I am welcoming some more shimmer on my lip these days. It is a frost finish from MAC and MAC describes it as "pink laced with gold". I have been through just about every MAC lipstick that would ever work on me. I had put off getting this one because of the frost stigma, yet every time I look over the lipstick sea at MAC to do Back 2 MAC, I always end up looking at this. Well, I finally caved and just got it with my most recent Back 2 MAC. I have been revisiting some of the MAC Frost lipsticks and have been pleasently surprised with Odyssey, this and Fabby.

FYI - I saw a lot of reviews about so many dupes out there, but anything close to this that I have found has silver in it which makes it not work on me or it just looks too darn 80's (Creme de la Femme does not...it stays pretty timeless). The closest dupe I have seen mentioned is Revlon Satin Plum but that shade has been discontinued (at least here in the United States it is no longer listed on Revlon's website).

on 12/17/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this lipstick. It doesn't dry out my lips and it is very true to color when applied. It's also not too pink, it's a bit neutral but still makes the lips much pinker. Sometimes I put on a sheer translucent gloss afterward.

I don't buy MAC products often but I will buy again because it very cute!

on 8/11/2012 6:41:00 PM

This is a pretty if not somewhat basic pink lipstick, it's very moisturizing, which is nice, but it doesn't stick very long. The color reminds me a bit of MAC's Angel lipstick, except this one is actually opaque where as Angel is translucent. They both have their merits but this lippie does give you significant color in one swipe, which is great.

on 6/17/2012 3:31:00 PM

This lipstick is SO DRYING. Which is such a shame because it is so beautiful. On my lips, it is a bright but muted pink with, almost a gold, shine to it. It is so gorgeous and versatile, looks great with deep brown eye makeup. I bought this when I bought MAC Creme De Nude, the lady "thought" I said Creme de la Femme and had me swatch it, I immediately fell in love with it. So, I guess the dryness is a small price to pay for the pretty color, just got to moisturize and keep applying. PS I've also found that this color is much prettier without a gloss over it.

on 9/11/2011 11:27:00 PM

This lipstick is easy to wear, and can be worn pretty sheer or heavy. I always put on some sort of moisturizer before putting it on, because it does dry out the lips a bit. Definitely exfoliate your lips before wearing this! It does have a frosty like, more lustrous color, and is the prettiest shade of pinkish/gold. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but that won't stop me from using every last bit!

on 5/18/2011 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm torn. The colour is simply fabulous- frosty pink with lavender tones and slight gold shimmer. Very pretty and looks fab against my NW20 skin. A perfect shade.
The smell is lovely too, like a vanilla-flavoured cake.
But then is the consistency... ...it makes my lips feel dry but it doesn't actually dry them out. It settles in lines in my lips like only the cheapest lipsticks do. It's thick, it's lacking gloss, it loses most of the gold shimmer once on the lips. Yes it does stay long but so do many other much more pleasant lipsticks. It feels good enough for every day wear yet there are so many better lipsticks.
I bought this one because I have a MAC on my doorstep and I had no time to go Harrods and pick up my favorite Dolce & Gabbana Shine Lipstick in Emotion (high-gloss mauve pink with gold shine). Creme De Le Femme is similar to it but different enough. Great for every day and so close to my lips that I can apply it with eyes closed. I like it... but due to its consistency not enough to buy it again. It's ok-ish and this is not enough for me.

on 2/16/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Creme De La Femme is a Permanent lipstick and has been since January of 2002. It is often described as a pink laced with gold. And although that is true I find this lipstick to have quite a bit of purple in it as well. It is a Frost Formula. I like the color. It is very bright and I describe it as somewhat of a "happy" shade. It is very wearable for having such a strong purple undertone to it. I don't think people should be afraid of this lipstick. It is a great starter lipstick for someone who wants to get started in purples. I am NC20 for reference.

on 11/14/2010 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very frosty & pink, was a favorite of mine years ago. Very nice shade for blondes as its cool & subtle.

on 6/3/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favourite lipsticks - it's a beautiful medium lavender pink shimmer (or frost, but it's not over the top) - I don't get a lot of warmth or gold glimmer from it but it's definitely not too cool. Finish is ever so slightly sheer, it takes a couple of layers to go opaque on me but lasts fairly well and has a slight vanilla scent that disappears when applied.
Looks fabulous with a baby doll pink cheek and silver smoky eye with lashings of black liner!

on 4/12/2010 3:33:00 PM

One of my favorites!! Great pink color. Looks like it contains an element of gold shimmer but once it is on your lips it seems to lose that effect. I love this lipstick! Excellent staying power and the color is a darker pink with a great matte finish. Just gorgeous!! I think this would be great on most warm undertone ladies :)

Popular Lipsticks