MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.3

on 8/13/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble finding a pink that looks good on you, check this out! I am nw20, deep winter and on me this is a slightly purple (more lavendar) toned pink with some gold laced through it. It is the perfect balance of warm and cool and pink for my complicated complexion that tends to pull orange/brown out of any shade that has it. I can't wear stuff that is too warm (yellow pinks) or too cool. Creme de la Femme is a well balanced neutral pink. And I am so over matte right now or thick heavy lipsticks that I am welcoming some more shimmer on my lip these days. It is a frost finish from MAC and MAC describes it as "pink laced with gold". I have been through just about every MAC lipstick that would ever work on me. I had put off getting this one because of the frost stigma, yet every time I look over the lipstick sea at MAC to do Back 2 MAC, I always end up looking at this. Well, I finally caved and just got it with my most recent Back 2 MAC. I have been revisiting some of the MAC Frost lipsticks and have been pleasently surprised with Odyssey, this and Fabby.

FYI - I saw a lot of reviews about so many dupes out there, but anything close to this that I have found has silver in it which makes it not work on me or it just looks too darn 80's (Creme de la Femme does not...it stays pretty timeless). The closest dupe I have seen mentioned is Revlon Satin Plum but that shade has been discontinued (at least here in the United States it is no longer listed on Revlon's website).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Why do I continue to buy lipsticks online?! I always end up returning them. This shade was a disappointment to me. I'm NC10-15, pale with warm undertones and lots of ruddiness from rosacea. I have dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Creme de la Femme is a medium blue-based frosted pink that looks really cheap on me, no matter what application method I use. I think it's just too cool-toned and too frosty for me. At 43, this makes me look like I'm trying too hard (and failing miserably).

on 6/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Soooo... I have been staring at and curious about this lipstick for months. I thought it would be purple-pink, almost mauvey... It is a soft light/medium neutral pink with soft shimmer. It really stands out when I'm in the sun, but is very subdued and nothing really special indoors. I love MAC lipsticks and the quality is excellent. I just have to add, this color is like a cooler less frosty version of Sequin. I have both and they are both beautiful in their own way, but if you have my complexion (NC15/NW20) I would go choose Creme de la femme if on a budget.

on 8/11/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this sight unseen and based off of reviews here. So glad I took the risk! Looks beautiful against my cool NW20 skin. Applies sheer, but very easily built up. I paired it with MACs magenta lip pencil and Oyster Girl gloss. Gorgeous! Will def repurchase when I run out.

Popular Lipsticks