MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.7

on 12/17/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this lipstick. It doesn't dry out my lips and it is very true to color when applied. It's also not too pink, it's a bit neutral but still makes the lips much pinker. Sometimes I put on a sheer translucent gloss afterward.

I don't buy MAC products often but I will buy again because it very cute!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MAC lipstick fan, and I do think this colour is gorgeous; both in the tube and on. Although, I do think it's rather dupe-able. I was cleaning out my makeup stash a few months ago, and I remember throwing out a NYC lipstick in Orchid, (I think that's what it was, it had Orchid in the name for sure) thinking "what the hell, it was 2$, I can buy it whenever." Dtupidstupidstupid. In all honesty, the only few differences between the two are that the NYC is slightly frostier, and at best a tinge deeper. If you love the colour of this lipstick but don't want to spend/have the budget to accommodate MAC prices, you should definitely try the one by NYC :)

I love thyis lipstick.It was the first MAC lipstick that i got and I fell in love.I think it very wearable for most people.While some of MAC's pinks are not for everyone this one is.

I went to MAC looking for a matte lipstick (for the staying power) but this color caught my eye; I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was:
Lost lasting
The frosty sheen looks gorgeous
The color is not to obtrusive / obnoxious..

However, it has the potential to look really gross if your lips are too dry. (But that goes for nearly all lipsticks so.. :D)

Great for every day wear~

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pro's: good staying power, no nasty smell or taste, beautiful colour, not drying, applies easily, versatile, cheap.
Con's: non that I can think of!

This is a beautiful pink colour - not too dark, not too light, not too pink either. It can be applied heavily, dabbed on, worn with a gloss - it just looks great in so many ways.

Would definitely buy again!

on 4/12/2010 3:33:00 PM

One of my favorites!! Great pink color. Looks like it contains an element of gold shimmer but once it is on your lips it seems to lose that effect. I love this lipstick! Excellent staying power and the color is a darker pink with a great matte finish. Just gorgeous!! I think this would be great on most warm undertone ladies :)

on 1/14/2007 8:43:00 PM

perfect pink. i absolutely love it!
an online MA suggested it with my coloring,
and i was like "uhhhh frosty 80's pink?".. but NO..
it is just a very feminine very very pretty pink!
the frost on me looks more like a very faint golden cast.
i am super super fair. yellow undertones, brown hair, green eyes,
and this is absolutely amazing. it somehow softens and brightens my face at the same time. i dont get the drying that others mention at all.
very very pleased.

EDIT:
Returning it. I didnt really enjoy the texture. It settled into the lines of my lips and made me feel like an old granny. Gorgeous color, but I apparently do not like frosts. The Lustres are far more superior. They make your lips VAVOOOM. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got this for free after recycling some old MAC containers. This is such a gorgeous shade. The perfect mauvey pink. I dare not wear this alone as it would be too pasty so I pair it with Nightmoth or Currant lip pencil. Pretty, pretty pretty!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to the MAC counter looking for a great cool toned pink that would stay on long and work for every day (snob is my fav going out pink) This is fabulous! Just girly enough, flattering, slightly complex, doesn't require a liner, and it STAYS! Bravo MAC!

on 7/2/2004 8:09:00 AM

This is the perfect pink for me, and I use it whenever I'm creating a Kevin Aycoin look that calls for baby pink lipstick. Although some have commented on the golden shimmer, on me, it's not gold, simply a rich, yet pale pink. I think the reviewer that called it a Barbie-ish pink hit the nail on the head. Although I wear it alone, I really love it with a neutral lip liner and topped with MAC Lipglass.