MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.4

on 8/13/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble finding a pink that looks good on you, check this out! I am nw20, deep winter and on me this is a slightly purple (more lavendar) toned pink with some gold laced through it. It is the perfect balance of warm and cool and pink for my complicated complexion that tends to pull orange/brown out of any shade that has it. I can't wear stuff that is too warm (yellow pinks) or too cool. Creme de la Femme is a well balanced neutral pink. And I am so over matte right now or thick heavy lipsticks that I am welcoming some more shimmer on my lip these days. It is a frost finish from MAC and MAC describes it as "pink laced with gold". I have been through just about every MAC lipstick that would ever work on me. I had put off getting this one because of the frost stigma, yet every time I look over the lipstick sea at MAC to do Back 2 MAC, I always end up looking at this. Well, I finally caved and just got it with my most recent Back 2 MAC. I have been revisiting some of the MAC Frost lipsticks and have been pleasently surprised with Odyssey, this and Fabby.

FYI - I saw a lot of reviews about so many dupes out there, but anything close to this that I have found has silver in it which makes it not work on me or it just looks too darn 80's (Creme de la Femme does not...it stays pretty timeless). The closest dupe I have seen mentioned is Revlon Satin Plum but that shade has been discontinued (at least here in the United States it is no longer listed on Revlon's website).

After seeing a picture of this I felt like I had to get it. On my medium skin with yellow undertones and my slightly pigmented lips, this is a beautiful plummy colour with gold shimmer running through. When I say shimmer, I actually mean a subtle sheen not glitter particles. When I use this with my MAC lip erase, I find that it pulls more pinky than plummy. This lipstick, maybe because of the slight frosty gold sheen, makes my lips look so much plumper and juicier and it smells so eatable with its delicious vanilla scent. It lasts a fairly decent amount of time on me, without settling into the lines in my lips and gunking up in the corner of my mouth. When it does fade, it leaves a beautiful stain on the lips. The only reason I would not repurchase is because I would love to try more of the other shades that MAC has to offer.

on 11/21/2014 12:38:00 AM

When I first went to get this I was originally looking for snob but then I came across this !
The Colour is slightly neutral and has a great shine. The shine is my favourite part and it makes a nice touch to a neutral colour.I really like this lipstick as it is nice to put on unlike the creamy stuff. It is a colour I would wear everyday and it looks way better on then it does in the tube. I have a pale skin tone but I think it could work of all skin tones.

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL LIPSTICK I ORDERED ONLINE BECAUSE I LIKED THE NAME OF IT LOL AND AT FIRST WHEN I PUT IT ON I DIDNT LIKE IT BUT I WORE IT AGAIN AND IT IS A LIPSTICK THAT CAN BE WORN WITHOUT OTHER MAKE UP BECAUSE IT HAS FROSTY SHIMMER AND BRINGS MY EYES OUT AND MAKES MY SKIN GLOW IT IS A NICE EVERYDAY LIPSTICK AND I PAIR IT WITH RIMMEL ENCHANTED LIP LINER ITS A PERFECT MATCH TRY IT! FYI THIS LIPSTICK IS MUCH PRETTIER THAN FABBY AND OTHER FROSTS FROM MAC FABBY IS TOO SILVER AND BOMBSHELL IS TOO LIGHT IT MAKES MY LIPS LOOK SMALL.

My first ever MAC lipstick and I love it. It makes my teeth look whiter and is a my lips but better shade for me. I wish it lasted a little longer on the lips but I still love it and would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! Iím obsessed with MAC and I tried this lipstick on and it looks sooo beautiful on my lips! Iím NC30 for reference. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go try it out! Itís a gorgeous color and versatile and long lasting! I really love the color it looks really nice. It deserves more attention!

on 12/17/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this lipstick. It doesn't dry out my lips and it is very true to color when applied. It's also not too pink, it's a bit neutral but still makes the lips much pinker. Sometimes I put on a sheer translucent gloss afterward.

I don't buy MAC products often but I will buy again because it very cute!

on 6/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Soooo... I have been staring at and curious about this lipstick for months. I thought it would be purple-pink, almost mauvey... It is a soft light/medium neutral pink with soft shimmer. It really stands out when I'm in the sun, but is very subdued and nothing really special indoors. I love MAC lipsticks and the quality is excellent. I just have to add, this color is like a cooler less frosty version of Sequin. I have both and they are both beautiful in their own way, but if you have my complexion (NC15/NW20) I would go choose Creme de la femme if on a budget.

on 6/17/2012 3:55:00 PM

This is my HG lipstick for day wear. I'm NW20 and this pinky/lilac is beautiful on me. When I want a tad more color, I line and fill in my lips with Half Red liner. I've even had makeup artists at the MAC counter compliment my lipstick and ask which one I'm wearing.
I always wear gloss too and alternate Posh it Up and Nice Buzz with my Creme de la Femme lipstick.

on 8/11/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this sight unseen and based off of reviews here. So glad I took the risk! Looks beautiful against my cool NW20 skin. Applies sheer, but very easily built up. I paired it with MACs magenta lip pencil and Oyster Girl gloss. Gorgeous! Will def repurchase when I run out.