MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

MAC Cosmetics Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.4

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MAC lipstick fan, and I do think this colour is gorgeous; both in the tube and on. Although, I do think it's rather dupe-able. I was cleaning out my makeup stash a few months ago, and I remember throwing out a NYC lipstick in Orchid, (I think that's what it was, it had Orchid in the name for sure) thinking "what the hell, it was 2$, I can buy it whenever." Dtupidstupidstupid. In all honesty, the only few differences between the two are that the NYC is slightly frostier, and at best a tinge deeper. If you love the colour of this lipstick but don't want to spend/have the budget to accommodate MAC prices, you should definitely try the one by NYC :)

on 5/18/2011 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm torn. The colour is simply fabulous- frosty pink with lavender tones and slight gold shimmer. Very pretty and looks fab against my NW20 skin. A perfect shade.
The smell is lovely too, like a vanilla-flavoured cake.
But then is the consistency... ...it makes my lips feel dry but it doesn't actually dry them out. It settles in lines in my lips like only the cheapest lipsticks do. It's thick, it's lacking gloss, it loses most of the gold shimmer once on the lips. Yes it does stay long but so do many other much more pleasant lipsticks. It feels good enough for every day wear yet there are so many better lipsticks.
I bought this one because I have a MAC on my doorstep and I had no time to go Harrods and pick up my favorite Dolce & Gabbana Shine Lipstick in Emotion (high-gloss mauve pink with gold shine). Creme De Le Femme is similar to it but different enough. Great for every day and so close to my lips that I can apply it with eyes closed. I like it... but due to its consistency not enough to buy it again. It's ok-ish and this is not enough for me.

on 8/13/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble finding a pink that looks good on you, check this out! I am nw20, deep winter and on me this is a slightly purple (more lavendar) toned pink with some gold laced through it. It is the perfect balance of warm and cool and pink for my complicated complexion that tends to pull orange/brown out of any shade that has it. I can't wear stuff that is too warm (yellow pinks) or too cool. Creme de la Femme is a well balanced neutral pink. And I am so over matte right now or thick heavy lipsticks that I am welcoming some more shimmer on my lip these days. It is a frost finish from MAC and MAC describes it as "pink laced with gold". I have been through just about every MAC lipstick that would ever work on me. I had put off getting this one because of the frost stigma, yet every time I look over the lipstick sea at MAC to do Back 2 MAC, I always end up looking at this. Well, I finally caved and just got it with my most recent Back 2 MAC. I have been revisiting some of the MAC Frost lipsticks and have been pleasently surprised with Odyssey, this and Fabby.

FYI - I saw a lot of reviews about so many dupes out there, but anything close to this that I have found has silver in it which makes it not work on me or it just looks too darn 80's (Creme de la Femme does not...it stays pretty timeless). The closest dupe I have seen mentioned is Revlon Satin Plum but that shade has been discontinued (at least here in the United States it is no longer listed on Revlon's website).

on 6/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Soooo... I have been staring at and curious about this lipstick for months. I thought it would be purple-pink, almost mauvey... It is a soft light/medium neutral pink with soft shimmer. It really stands out when I'm in the sun, but is very subdued and nothing really special indoors. I love MAC lipsticks and the quality is excellent. I just have to add, this color is like a cooler less frosty version of Sequin. I have both and they are both beautiful in their own way, but if you have my complexion (NC15/NW20) I would go choose Creme de la femme if on a budget.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Why do I continue to buy lipsticks online?! I always end up returning them. This shade was a disappointment to me. I'm NC10-15, pale with warm undertones and lots of ruddiness from rosacea. I have dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Creme de la Femme is a medium blue-based frosted pink that looks really cheap on me, no matter what application method I use. I think it's just too cool-toned and too frosty for me. At 43, this makes me look like I'm trying too hard (and failing miserably).

on 6/17/2012 3:55:00 PM

This is my HG lipstick for day wear. I'm NW20 and this pinky/lilac is beautiful on me. When I want a tad more color, I line and fill in my lips with Half Red liner. I've even had makeup artists at the MAC counter compliment my lipstick and ask which one I'm wearing.
I always wear gloss too and alternate Posh it Up and Nice Buzz with my Creme de la Femme lipstick.

on 7/21/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Nice color, but the mediocre texture would keep me from repurchasing. It's paler and less frosty/shimmery than I had hoped, but overall still flattering on my fair skin. The texture is dry (not glossy or moist at all, really), but I like the pinky mauve color enough that I'm making it work; I layer it under docile and nymphette lipglasses, and over syrup and viva glam II lipsticks. Whirl liner also adds some depth.

on 2/16/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Creme De La Femme is a Permanent lipstick and has been since January of 2002. It is often described as a pink laced with gold. And although that is true I find this lipstick to have quite a bit of purple in it as well. It is a Frost Formula. I like the color. It is very bright and I describe it as somewhat of a "happy" shade. It is very wearable for having such a strong purple undertone to it. I don't think people should be afraid of this lipstick. It is a great starter lipstick for someone who wants to get started in purples. I am NC20 for reference.

A really great and wearable frosty pink with very slight lavender undertones and gold shimmer. Instantly brightens my face and pairs well with many pink blushes I have in my collection. The texture is smooth, great "typical" MAC vanilla scent, and wears really well during the day with minimum touch-ups.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pro's: good staying power, no nasty smell or taste, beautiful colour, not drying, applies easily, versatile, cheap.
Con's: non that I can think of!

This is a beautiful pink colour - not too dark, not too light, not too pink either. It can be applied heavily, dabbed on, worn with a gloss - it just looks great in so many ways.

Would definitely buy again!