MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Frost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme
MAC Creme De La FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la FemmeFrost Lipstick - Creme de la Femme

4.3

on 8/13/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have trouble finding a pink that looks good on you, check this out! I am nw20, deep winter and on me this is a slightly purple (more lavendar) toned pink with some gold laced through it. It is the perfect balance of warm and cool and pink for my complicated complexion that tends to pull orange/brown out of any shade that has it. I can't wear stuff that is too warm (yellow pinks) or too cool. Creme de la Femme is a well balanced neutral pink. And I am so over matte right now or thick heavy lipsticks that I am welcoming some more shimmer on my lip these days. It is a frost finish from MAC and MAC describes it as "pink laced with gold". I have been through just about every MAC lipstick that would ever work on me. I had put off getting this one because of the frost stigma, yet every time I look over the lipstick sea at MAC to do Back 2 MAC, I always end up looking at this. Well, I finally caved and just got it with my most recent Back 2 MAC. I have been revisiting some of the MAC Frost lipsticks and have been pleasently surprised with Odyssey, this and Fabby.

FYI - I saw a lot of reviews about so many dupes out there, but anything close to this that I have found has silver in it which makes it not work on me or it just looks too darn 80's (Creme de la Femme does not...it stays pretty timeless). The closest dupe I have seen mentioned is Revlon Satin Plum but that shade has been discontinued (at least here in the United States it is no longer listed on Revlon's website).

on 11/2/2014 1:41:00 AM

Creme de la Femme - I loved you so much and on my NC 15 yellow under-toned skin you are still a really pretty pinky/lilac - pulling more pink on me, with a non-frosty subtle shimmer, a great neutral lipstick that pairs so well with many looks. You remind me of my sisters wedding day as you were her lippy of choice.

You go on so nicely and feel comfortable and creamy smooth, though you do wear off pretty quickly with food and drinks..The love has been a little tarnished however as you snapped on me and had to be transferred into a small pot to only be applied with a lip brush. This is my third Mac lipstick (out of many) to go this way so not sure you will be a repurchase because its just a little annoying when this happens.

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL LIPSTICK I ORDERED ONLINE BECAUSE I LIKED THE NAME OF IT LOL AND AT FIRST WHEN I PUT IT ON I DIDNT LIKE IT BUT I WORE IT AGAIN AND IT IS A LIPSTICK THAT CAN BE WORN WITHOUT OTHER MAKE UP BECAUSE IT HAS FROSTY SHIMMER AND BRINGS MY EYES OUT AND MAKES MY SKIN GLOW IT IS A NICE EVERYDAY LIPSTICK AND I PAIR IT WITH RIMMEL ENCHANTED LIP LINER ITS A PERFECT MATCH TRY IT! FYI THIS LIPSTICK IS MUCH PRETTIER THAN FABBY AND OTHER FROSTS FROM MAC FABBY IS TOO SILVER AND BOMBSHELL IS TOO LIGHT IT MAKES MY LIPS LOOK SMALL.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Why do I continue to buy lipsticks online?! I always end up returning them. This shade was a disappointment to me. I'm NC10-15, pale with warm undertones and lots of ruddiness from rosacea. I have dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Creme de la Femme is a medium blue-based frosted pink that looks really cheap on me, no matter what application method I use. I think it's just too cool-toned and too frosty for me. At 43, this makes me look like I'm trying too hard (and failing miserably).

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got this for free after recycling some old MAC containers. This is such a gorgeous shade. The perfect mauvey pink. I dare not wear this alone as it would be too pasty so I pair it with Nightmoth or Currant lip pencil. Pretty, pretty pretty!

on 12/15/2004 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this color. It looks kind of scary pink in the tube, but works on me. It is a lavenderish pinkish with shimmer (it is a frost, which is my favorite formula). This lipstick stays on very well. I have also used it underneath sequin, just to make it a little less bright, which looks quite nice too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to the MAC counter looking for a great cool toned pink that would stay on long and work for every day (snob is my fav going out pink) This is fabulous! Just girly enough, flattering, slightly complex, doesn't require a liner, and it STAYS! Bravo MAC!

Popular Lipsticks