3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 years ago

im torn on this cleanser because on the one hand it is very calming and reduces the redness in my skin (not just temporarily, it really changes my skin with continued use) however i find this can be very drying (especially to my bf it made his skin peel terribly with a few uses) and i believe it either breaks me out, or doesnt clean very well at all, and i only use mineral powder makeup. there is no point in a drying cleanser that doesnt clean, so i probably will not ever repurchase this. maybe if i didnt have such an acne issue and only had redness issues.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

I have rosacea and this product is really good 2 clean my skin in the morning only. At night I don't use this product 'cuz it doesn't really remove my foundation, but luv 2 use in the morning and doesn't leave your skin dry.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlack

7 years ago

This is my HG foaming cleanser. That said, I treat foaming cleansers like clarifying shampoos: they're great for clearing the canvas once in a while, but if you use them everyday, you're going to strip your skin of critical hydration. I use a cream cleanser as my true daily face cleanser and use Aveeno's Ultra Calming cleanser 1-2x/week, depending on the season and humidity (I live in the South). It doesn't dry the skin nearly as much as all the other foaming cleansers I've tried and it really does feel soft on the face. There's no agressive foaming at all (the dispenser creates the foam, not friction with water), and the product is incredibly gentle as far as foaming cleansers go. It rinses clean and removed my makeup thoroughly. I feel good about recommending this cleanser, especially to people who are trying to ween themselves off abrasive gel-foaming products. And for those who use cream/balm cleansers and are looking for a soft, squeakier clean once in a while, this is a great (and inexpensive) product to try.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I've repurchased this probably three times atleast, and I'll usually take any chance to try something new. It really does have a calming affect, especially for acne. My face tends to get red and irritated easily and this is very soothing. I love the smell and packaging for this. It leaves me smooth, not oily or dry. I only had an issue with the pump breaking once, but it's still worth purchasing.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

7 years ago

I am really disappointed with this cleanser. It doesn't work very well. It doesn't irritate my skin, but there is always residue. I use a warm washcloth after massaging the cleanser in and rinsing with warm water and there is a LOT of makeup left behind. I don't use long-wear makeup either. And another thing that bugs me is the smell. This is a fragrance-free product, but obviously the ingredients will inevitably have their own aroma. I'd prefer if a drop of essential oil or something were included to mask the peculiar oder. I use the fragrance-free Aveeno body wash regularly (have even washed my face with it), and stench is not a problem with the body wash. It's one of my favorites, so I thought I would like this fragrance-free Aveeno product as well. I thought I would get used to the stink, but it's starting to bug me even more each time I use it. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the bottle because of these two issues. If it's not working, why bother? And I really wanted to like it.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

This cleanser is super gentle on the skin. I don't have sensitive skin, but when summer rolled around I started to break out for the first time. I bought it since Aveeno products usually doesn't irritate my skin and this one worked like a charm for clearing up the acne and redness. What makes this cleanser stand out to me is its ability to remove makeup residue. Usually all the other cleansers I've tried, even the ones that claim to remove makeup, have done poor jobs at tackling leftover eyeliner or mascara. This cleanser mentions that it'll remove makeup, and it does a great job! This has become my go-to cleanser because of its quality, price and easy availability.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

This is a very basic, very bland, very ordinary cleanser but it's also very effective. I don't use it very often - maybe like 3-4x per week - but it leaves my normal-to-dry face feeling balanced and happy. It does not dry me out and does not leave my face feeling "coated". The price is dirt cheap - like $6 at the drug store. I rotate cleansers all the time but this is a nice one that I keep in the shower.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

7 years ago

This is the only facial cleanser that clears up my skin without irritation. It takes the redness out if my face, and makes my skin look and feel flawless. Best stuff ever I hope they never discontinue!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

7 years ago

Bought this with the moisturizer. Doesn't work. At all. Doesn't even cleanse for me....

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

This is my fave cleanser at the moment. I was looking for a gentle fragrance free cleanser and stumble upon this one, heard good things about it so I picked it up. My go to gentle cleanser was cetaphil for oily/combo skin but I wanted to try something new and I really like this. Not drying on my cheeks and I also use this to get rid of oily residue on my eye area after I take off eye makeup with olive oil. Will repurchase for sure!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm