Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

This is a lovely face wash for when you want a gentle, easy, non irritating cleanse without stripping your skin. It rinses off easily because it's a foam and it's so gentle that I can use it to remove my eye makeup with zero irritation around the eyelids. And it fully removes all traces of the makeup. Although if you are wearing heavier makeup like waterproof mascara or liquid liner I would of course recommend a makeup wipe beforehand, as with any other face wash. Bottom line, I like that it's incredibly gentle and non-stripping but does a very good job of cleaning skin and erasing makeup. It's not the deepest cleaning face wash (obviously) so you may need something more aggressive if you have acne or very oily skin. Still, for what it is and what it claims to do it succeeds entirely and I have no complaints. I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After trying different types of makeup removing wipes and regular fash wash, this is the only thing I've found that will remove all my makeup (particularly the waterproof stuff) COMPLETELY. The fact that there's a removable plastic cap to put over the pump just makes it better since it's easier to travel with, without having to worry about spills all over the inside of a bag.

on 10/29/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I will first talk about the pluses of this for me. I like the pump, one pump of this is sufficient and convenient and easy. The price is obviously also appealing. However, the minuses for me with this make this a no-go. I had closed comedones while using this. Oh were they painful. This also has a strong floral(?) scent to this. I just do not want something so heavvily scented on my skin, let alone a cleanser. I did not think Aveeno would be scented, but it sure is. Not sure if it is meant to be floral scent or what, but it is definitely scented. Also left my skin feeling a little dry and tight, another aspect I was not expecting from something named 'ultra-calming'. Ended up using this as a hand soap and even eventually ended up throwing this away because the scent was so weird and un-appealing. I guess I just expected this to be truly fragrance-free or at the very least have a very minimal barely detectable scent to this, and the scent of this is quite potent for me. Plus being this made my face break out into painful closed comedones, this was a fail product for me.

on 10/27/2016 5:24:00 PM

Left my skin feeling clean & soft, but irritated my Rosacea skin. I will not repurchase this! This may work well for oily skin that isn't sensitive. This also dis clean my light makeup off.

on 10/3/2016 8:39:00 AM

I use this in the morning and at night after removing my makeup. My skin isn't overly sensitive but It does tend to get angry if I've had a rough day, didn't sleep good, or kept my makeup on longer than I should of. I'll leave the foam on my skin for about a minute before rinsing, and my skin really does "calm down" and feels very comfortable. It's also helps prep my skin for the rest of my routine. I'll be buying it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this product! Light and gentle cleanser that does a great job of removing my sunscreen or BB cream. My sensitive skin has never broken out using this product and it really does calm your skin, making any redness go away! Not too mention it's super cheap!!

I like how this product removes my makeup without having to use makeup wipes before removing. I like the fact there is no string smells and I like the foam Consistency it allows the product to last a long time. the only problem was I did not notice a huge difference with my redness however I will purchase it again due to the fact that it's great for everyday gentle cleansing .

on 6/12/2016 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. I'm in my early 30's, and within the past year have developed an allergy to something (still not sure what). The rash that it causes only appears on my face. It gets red with little bumps and whiteheads all over. I

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product dried my skin out worse than any cleanser I have tried before. I developed dry, flaky patches on my skin and my skin became tight and red after using it. Not sure if I am allergic to something in this cleanser, but definitely will not be repurchasing it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

On a hopeful quest for a gentle, rosacea friendly face cleanser, I decided to try the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Face Wash. For background, I'm fair, 37, with dry, sensitive skin showing signs of rosacea (redness, flushing on cheeks and nose). I decided to try the ultra-calming wash based on positive comments on Reddit. I tested the product on my wrist and neck before washing my face with it. It didn't cause any allergic reaction, which gave me hope. Unfortunately, after I washed my face it felt very dry and tight, even after applying my moisturizer. I'll be returning it and continuing my quest. This product might be well-suited to a more oily skin type,