Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a gentle, fragrance free facial cleanser that rinses clean. I use this as my morning cleanser on my combination skin. It does not leave my skin feeling dry or irritated. I would not use this as my evening cleanser as I do not think it is strong enough to remove makeup and sunscreen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser actually does reduce my redness (I may have mild rosacea; not sure). I was skeptical, even after using it a few times, but then went back to my previous cleanser for one shower, and realized how red my face looked afterwards.

Though it's probably obvious, this isn't a cleanser that makes your skin feel squeaky clean. You may want to tone or use a micellar water afterwards, particularly if you're planning to wear makeup.

on 1/5/2018 3:17:00 PM

Discloser: My skin is not very sensitive or red. But after using a bunch of cleansing milks that I loved, I wanted to continue with a gentle cleanser. And this definitely did the job! I liked that I didn't feel like I needed to pump out a lot of product to get my face clean. A little went a long way. It was definitely very gentle on my skin, though I did experience my first break-out in months while using this. I liked that my skin always felt clean and not stripped. And this would take off every last drop of makeup I would have on. I'm taking away one lippie for the breakout. But if I needed an emergency gentle cleanser, I might purchase this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I originally purchased this after my normally bulletproof skin had a bad reaction to makeup removing wipes purchased at TJ Maxx. Ugh.

Anyway, I recently revisited it because I’ve still got it so why not.

I’m so impressed with this cleanser. Calming and gentle aside (and I can’t truly speak to those attributes) this foam really gets my face clean. After washing with this I go over with a cotton pad and Bioderma Micellar water. The pad comes virtually clean, other than possibly some mascara. And I wear A LOT of makeup.

So...yeah. This is good.

My skin used to be a lot more oily, but over time its normalized and this is there perfect. I have very reactive skin, and this is gentle enough to fight off acne without stripping away the skin's natural oils. Most drugstore washes are overkill for me, since they're meant for those with very oily and acne-prone. I only have acne once a month, so this is perfect. Love the foaming cooling sensation. Great product for my skincare regimen (feels great after my occasional exfoliation sessions). Highly recommended for anyone with normal skin who has occasional breakouts and doesn't want anything too harsh.

On the hunt for a new face wash, I stumbled across this one. I like it so far. It rinses clean, the pump isn't messy, and it doesn't break me out. You don't get a lot in the bottle, which is annoying, but I would repurchase...

on 4/13/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This fits into its own category for me.
Usually gentle cleansers have a lotion texture and don't rinse off easily, leaving a bit of a film on the skin.
Stronger cleansers are very clean rinsing, but can be drying.
This cleanser is gentle, but truly rinses clean leaving no film on the skin, but not stripping every bit of oil off and leaving skin tight.
The foamy texture is easy to work with, and I will continue to buy.

on 4/13/2017 7:11:00 PM

I was hoping my first review on here would be a positive one for a product that worked for my skin, but sadly that was not to be. I did, however, feel like I should write a review of the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser to hopefully warn away others. I was using a different cleanser, the Avene Cleansing Foam, which wasn't making me break out terribly, but which was slightly drying. I was hoping the Aveeno would be better, but nope! It was not only drying, but it caused breakouts including a big, fat red subsurface one on my chin that isn't going to be pretty when it comes to a head. I know it wasn't the moisturizer I've been using because I've used it for awhile and got some breakouts with it, but nothing major. I should have stuck with the Avene. So unfortunately I am another cautionary tale for the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleansing foam. I would strongly advise steering clear if you are in any way break out prone.

The price ($13.99 in Canada) and packaging are decent, but those hardly matter if the main product causes bad breakouts. I was swayed by the mostly positive reviews, but wanted to add my negative review to hopefully deter others from making the same mistake I did that I now deeply regret.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have really sensitive and picky skin and it's so clog prone, to boot. I've probably tried every cleanser out there, I was at my wit's end, truly. Then I got this, expecting zero. And what a lovely surprise! It gets my face clean but without that tight and dry gross feeling and no residue. Also, no irritation or breakouts from this either. I've repurchased over and over and will continue to do so.

on 4/7/2017 3:58:00 PM

My dermatologist recommended Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser in late 2015. I have been trying to work my way through the bottle for over a year now and haven't managed to get through it. It leaves my skin feeling tight and is too drying to use with any regularity. I do like the pump applicator and the fact that there isn't a strong fragrance. But at this point my limited experience with the Aveeno brand — most recently to include their BB cream, reviewed separately — is that they are overrated. For a foamy consistency I will say that this product lasts a surprisingly long while; however, I can't say I will repurchase.