3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

There are two types of this cleanser, this foaming one in a pump, and the gel one in a tube. I prefer this one. I use it at night after oil cleansing, and it is gentle but gets the job done, removing my cleansing oils and balms and every last bit of makeup. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry, and I’ve had no breakouts or irritation. The gel version works well too, but I find it slightly more stripping. Easy to find, and the light, airy foam feels kind of luxurious to use. Will definately buy again.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

a year ago

Holy Grail of mine. I have dry sensitive skin and this product is very gentle and it cleans.My skin feels great

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

a year ago

I bought Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser on a whim while in CVS one day. It can be difficult to find drugstore cleansers which are non-irritating and fragrance-free, so when I see something new that looks promising, I grab it even if I don't know much about it. This Aveeno product is composed of gentle sulfate-free detergents which do not strip the skin, and is in an aerating foamer-style pump bottle. A couple of pumps produce a silky foam that glides over the face without any tugging, and dirt is readily lifted away in the process of gentle massaging over the face. This cleanser isn't marketed to dryer skin types. However, as someone who has an extremely oily T-zone, I can safely say that this product is so mild, it really isn't that great at oil control. It didn't work at all as a morning cleanser, when I need to prep my face for a long day of oil production. However, its gentle qualities are great for the drier parts of my face, so it turned out to be a great night-time 2nd cleanse. My conclusion is that it is geared toward normal to slightly dry or slightly oily types. While I have very positive feelings about this product, it hasn't become a staple for me. I have preferred oil cleansing with a creamier 2nd cleanse that is even more mild than the Aveeno (LaRoche Posay Toleraine). However, I would strongly consider the Aveeno again if I am unable to find my preferred product.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I usually use Pacifica's quinoa sensitive face wash but my stores aren't carrying it any more so i saw this and decided to try it. Its not bad really. It does the job and doesn't irritate my skin (so far). It makes my redness in my t zone less noticeable too. So far though, this is the only product i like out of the utra calming line. If i can't get my Pacifica wash then this will become my ds back-up. Still on the hunt for something as good as the Pacifica though. Maybe ill try Alba next.

About reviewer (734 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This product is just okay for me. I mainly use Korean skincare in my skincare routine and this includes Korean cleansers. I have been taken to foaming cleansers due to how in Korean skincare routines, they use a foaming or foam cleanser. I generally use the neogen fresh foam cleanser, but it is slightly expensive. I decided to try this out when I saw this on sale at shoppers for $8.99, like what the heck, it's a foaming cleanser. It foams up decently, but I feel that you need two pumps to cover your face and it doesn't foam up as well as neogen one. The size of the bottle is decent, 177mL and the size of the bottle fits well in your hands. It has nice packaging and the pump works pretty well. The foam hasn't irritated my skin, which is good because I have very sensitive skin especially because it's allergy season right now and I have a pollen skin allergy. It also doesn't leave my skin insanely dry which is good. BUT holy cow do I hate the smell, I think it's the calming feverfew flower they use in it. I do dislike the smell of many flowers so that may be it, but there is fragrance in this sooooo -_- It's not the biggest deal, but I personally do not like the scent. ALSO to the people who are like "this won't take off all my makeup so no", please do not rely on your cleanser to off your makeup. That should not be the deciding point because you are suppose to remove your makeup with an oil base or water base cleanser first then use a foam cleanser. Using just a foam cleanser, your makeup will not be completely removed.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This is a gentle, fragrance free facial cleanser that rinses clean. I use this as my morning cleanser on my combination skin. It does not leave my skin feeling dry or irritated. I would not use this as my evening cleanser as I do not think it is strong enough to remove makeup and sunscreen.

About reviewer (3091 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser actually does reduce my redness (I may have mild rosacea; not sure). I was skeptical, even after using it a few times, but then went back to my previous cleanser for one shower, and realized how red my face looked afterwards. Though it's probably obvious, this isn't a cleanser that makes your skin feel squeaky clean. You may want to tone or use a micellar water afterwards, particularly if you're planning to wear makeup.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Discloser: My skin is not very sensitive or red. But after using a bunch of cleansing milks that I loved, I wanted to continue with a gentle cleanser. And this definitely did the job! I liked that I didn't feel like I needed to pump out a lot of product to get my face clean. A little went a long way. It was definitely very gentle on my skin, though I did experience my first break-out in months while using this. I liked that my skin always felt clean and not stripped. And this would take off every last drop of makeup I would have on. I'm taking away one lippie for the breakout. But if I needed an emergency gentle cleanser, I might purchase this again.

About reviewer (456 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I originally purchased this after my normally bulletproof skin had a bad reaction to makeup removing wipes purchased at TJ Maxx. Ugh. Anyway, I recently revisited it because I’ve still got it so why not. I’m so impressed with this cleanser. Calming and gentle aside (and I can’t truly speak to those attributes) this foam really gets my face clean. After washing with this I go over with a cotton pad and Bioderma Micellar water. The pad comes virtually clean, other than possibly some mascara. And I wear A LOT of makeup. So...yeah. This is good.

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

My skin used to be a lot more oily, but over time its normalized and this is there perfect. I have very reactive skin, and this is gentle enough to fight off acne without stripping away the skin's natural oils. Most drugstore washes are overkill for me, since they're meant for those with very oily and acne-prone. I only have acne once a month, so this is perfect. Love the foaming cooling sensation. Great product for my skincare regimen (feels great after my occasional exfoliation sessions). Highly recommended for anyone with normal skin who has occasional breakouts and doesn't want anything too harsh.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age25-29