3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

We always have a bottle of this because it's one of the only sulfate-free shampoos that cleans my hair and doesn't leave it feeling dry and tangly or oily and coated. It also brings out my waves very nicely. Who knows what the magic is for me--I know it doesn't work for everyone. But I pray they never discontinue this stuff.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

1.0

2 years ago

I was very disappointed with this shampoo (and the conditioner). It made my hair tangle up into a wicked dry mess. Not sure exactly what ingredient(s) caused this but it sure wasn’t a good match for my thick wavy/curly hair. Also, I didn’t care for the scent of this, surprising because I love the Macadamia oil and also the Coconut Oil hairspray products by Marc Anthony.

About reviewer (950 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Sometimes it defines my waves and sometimes it doesn't, but overall my hair feels healthy with this shampoo. I may have to use it twice in the shower as sometimes it is not enough to clean my hair. This shampoo really is a gamble each time I use it.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I have curly fine hair, which gets tangled pretty easy. I used to use Dove hair products, and then I switched to AG. Although I love AG products, I realized I really can't afford to be spending that kind of money all the time on my hair products. When it goes on sale, I will probably buy it but in the interim I needed a product which was similar (I know, you get what you pay for) but wasn't going to break the bank plus something I could have on hand just in case. I use the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Mousse and I love it so I figured I would try out this line. And I'm in love with this shampoo (and conditioner!!). It smells really great - like lemon to me - and it's really light in your hair. My hair has even more volume to it - which I didn't think was possible - and it stays amazing all day long. I really do like the AG line but now that I've tried this line I don't know if I will go back even when there's a sale . . . well I probably will. I was pleasantly surprised by this product and I'm pretty happy that I get what I want out of a hair product which is costing me less than the salon line equivalent. Maybe you it's not always about getting what you paid for . . . . I definitely would recommend this to people who have fine, curly hair and lots of it. It keeps volume in your hair without drying it out and smells amazing! The packaging isn't huge but a bottle of shampoo will probably last me about 6 weeks, and I wash my hair every day. You really don't need huge amounts of this . . . same as most products.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

this stuff is so great for us curly headed ppl. im not too fond of the pricing but i guess it is well worth it

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I'm blown away by this stuff! My hair is naturally wavy, but when I use Marc Anthony Curl Envy creme (from the strictly curls line) I get amazingly defined curls. I thought I'd give the shampoo and conditioner a try to see if it might enhance my waves on it own. MIND.BLOWN. I still can't believe how curly (not wavy - curly!) my hair was after using the shampoo and conditioner - and it stayed curly after air drying, no extra product needed. I'm amazed. When I use my usual sulfate free shampoo (Aveeno), my hair air dries to limp, kinda kinky (and super frizzy) waves. With this shampoo/conditioner combo, my curls were not frizzy and were super defined, considering I had no other product in there. Love the scent of both products, and the shampoo lathers awesomely for a sulfate free product (also love that it's sulfate free as I colour my hair). This is totally my new HG for my curly haired days!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

from

10 years ago

When I permed my hair, I needed a shampoo that could keep the perm in for a long time, so I decided to try Marc Anthony's Strictly Curls Shampoo. The perm stayed in for longer than I expected also my hair was in amazing condition and it also smelled delicious! It smelt like fresh oranges, I really really enjoyed it :). However, it is a ittle expensive compared to other products but it's still very satisfying!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

11 years ago

I am so surprised to hear such horrible things about this product. It works well for me. I agree, it doesn’t really clean my hair, so I only use this every once in a while, alternating with other shampoos, but it does have something in it that makes the curls stay together. It makes my hair more manageable. It is a little pricey, but like I said, I do no use it everyday. I get a lot of compliments on my hair and I think this, along with a good conditioner (I do not use strictly curls conditioner) defiantly helps styling.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0

14 years ago

I have to agree with the previous review. Completely not worth the above average price tag. First off, they tried to design the bottle too intricately and failed miserably. The shampoo spills out of the entire top and leaves a leaky mess. The scent is okay, but the performance is very crappy. Does not define my curls at all, and actually manages to leave my hair feeling dirty and weighed down. Two thumbs down on this one.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBrown

2.0

15 years ago

This Shampoo was NOT worth the money! The conditioner's even worse! (see review)Marc Anthony Professional Hair Expert~Whatever

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age30-35