AVEDA All Sensitive Moisturizer

No Image

3.4

New formulation: (See other review) old formulation: Aqueous (Purified Water) Extracts, Elettaria Cardamomum, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Berberis Aristata Stem Powder, Pavonia Odorata Root Powder, Curcuma Longa Root Powder, Valeriana Wallichi Root Powder, Vetiveria Zizanoides, Caesalpinia Sappan Stem Powder, Albizzia Lebbeck Powder, Inula Racemosa Root Powder, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Glycerin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Laurate, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Chlorophenesin, Phenoxythanol (ILN23712)

This is soft and smooth and perfect paired with the matching cleanser. Light and fresh and won't chase oil to build up. This so so soft I can't believe how my skin feels after. Perfect under my sunscreen, HG

on 11/11/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I haven't tried the old version of this moisturizer, but I tried the new version last night for the first time. I had a terrible reaction to this. It felt fine going on, but my skin soon started itching soon after. I went to bed and when I got up this morning, I was shocked when I saw how red and blotchy my skin was, even on my neck! My skin is very sensitive and it hasn't looked this bad in a long time. I'm very upset, since this is labeled as a sensitive skin product and I'll be hesitant to walk into an Aveda store again.

on 12/9/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks for nothing Aveda. I bought All Sensitive moisturiser in the US, I'm in Australia now and went to re-purchase and found out that Aveda is price gouging the Australians by around 70% !?! For this product. $79.95 in OZ and $33.00 in US. I'm disgusted by this conduct and will never buy again! Aesop has similar products and is Australian, sounds like a far better option.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this as a body lotion-not as a facial moisturizer. I used it as a moisturizer after shaving in particular. I thought it was a run of the mill, no frills lotion. Nothing special. I've never been wowed by Aveda products in the first place. Not running out to repurchase, but not avoiding it either.

on 3/29/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only reason I tried this is because it is complimentary in Renaissance Hotels. They give this and the rosemary mint shampoo/conditioner as samples in their rooms. Oh my, this is a great basic moisturizer for my combination skin. I have not gotten any breakouts using this. It is very light but effective. I have used it all winter and my skin has been very comfortable without being greasy. Perfect under makeup. The review page for this moisturizer says it is discontinued. I just bought some from the Aveda store at the mall so it is still easily available.

on 11/2/2010 2:27:00 AM

This product is for the old version. The new version has sort of scared me off for now. Yes Aveda has reissued it. Yes, they have made it paraben free, which I thought was pretty fishy in the first placfe since Aveda prides itself on being "pure". I learned that not all things "pure" equal things that are non-comedone! So I suppose this product confused me. It looks innocent enough. I read the ingredients list and thought okay, I will give this a try. It's sneaky, imo. It moisturizes really well. It smells pleasant, the consistency is good enough to be a "richer" moisturizer, however it slowly but surely broke out my skin.

I will eventually get aorund to buying a mini and try it out again, however I'm not a fan. It does make a decent hand cream and that's about it. I will also use it under my eyes in a pinch, but no longer all over my face. I realize that not all skin is created equal, meaning one person's allergic reactions do not equal another, but to have such overwhelmingly popular reviews on this product (not just here but on the Aveda website itself) blew my mind. My skin is my skin I guess.

I bought this in a gift set thingo with the toner and cleanser - mainly just because I wanted the little toiletries bag made of concrete bags by women India (or something along those lines, I don't remember now).

I think this is a great 'plain' moisturiser, one of which I always like to have around, usually for day times when I am not needing suncream or wearing makeup (days at home). It is not too thick and creamy for daytime and for me not too light that my face feels tight, but it is a bit of a non-event for the price. I would possibly buy it again one day but I'll try a few other things in the meantime.

I have using this product for years. I went to buy it yesterday and they have discontinued it. Worse yet, they have not given me a similar product to switch to. The saleswoman at Aveda said they are reformulating it and it will come out at some point in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Feel: This product is thin and spreads easily over my face. Once on it feels lightweight and is absorbed quickly. Leaves my skin soft and dry to the touch (as opposed to oily or slick feeling).
Smell: Aroma neutral but has a slight earthy smell. Although there are other brands that seem to perform as well with moisturizing I can't stand having perfume-y smells on my face. This is what makes it my daily moisturizer.
Price: A lot of reviews complain about this but it is $33 for 5 fl oz. That is $6.60 per ounce, making it less than most drug store brands which usually come in containers holding less than 2 fl oz. of product and cost $15 to $20.
Sensitivity Issues: They should rename this product because it implies that it is good for all sensitive skin, but sensitive is a broad term. I have "sensitive skin." I am not allergic to this product, but it is well known that many people with allergies to things like grass and pollen are allergic to Aveda products. If you fit into this category, you might want to try a sample first. I also don't get very many zits. However, I am still considered "sensitive" because I easily develop redness and hives brought on by environmental changes and irritants. This product seems to calm my skin down. Another reason it is my daily moisturizer.
Safety: No sunscreen, so take that how you wish. But it does contain parabens. For more information on why these chemicals are not good, check out the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database.

I got a very large sample of this moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin and use alot of Aveda products. I have never been very impressed with Aveda's skincare and this hasn't changed my mind. As far as sensitivity, I have not had any rashes or reactions. There is little to no scent in the product at all. But in terms of moisture, I can't say that it seems to do much at all. It is a VERY light lotion, not a cream. Feels more like a cheap hand lotion to me. But I like my moisturizer very rich and leaving my skin dewy. This does nothing really. I definitely won't be buying a full size product.