Giorgio Armani Black Code EDT Pour Homme

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Giorgio Armani Black Code EDT Pour Homme

on 10/29/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Mmmm! If I was a boy this would be my HG fragrance. It smells soooo good! Sometimes I spray it on my bedding just to get that great scent as I sleep

on 2/5/2008 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My husband found one of those sample vials of this stuff in his bathroom cabinet about a week ago and decided to try it since he was out of Aqua Di Gio. It had to be at least a year old and it was almost empty, but instead of smelling like alcohol, it was even better than what he had been wearing! We went out that night and I could not get my face off of his neck! He smelled so good!!! I wore it to work myself one day and that evening ran down to Ulta to get him a bottle! This stuff is seriously good, I mean we'll be writing great reviews about it in twenty years!! If you have a husband/boyfriend/father/brother, get him a bottle of this. If you don't, get yourself a bottle of this!

First of all I have to shout in the direction of Giorgio Armani & Co. *Black Code IS wonderfully simple. Wonderfully light, yet captivating. But why, oh why, must you bend us over with 2.5 oz. your largest size around the typical 3.4 oz. (or even 4.2) price of colognes in your range!*

Now that I have that off my chest, let's continue.

I knew the first time I sniffed Black Code on a card it was something 'else'. Had this territory of scent been conquered before? Well, yes. Lately? Not really.

And I knew it was something else.....Good

Black code starts off with a fresh blast of mintiness with a citrus snap. Right away I can smell the light woods in the background waiting for the top notes to leave the stage. This progression is never harsh or discomforting. Black Code could be loud, but it could never shout. Lithely the scent wafts towards a very soft, but not particuarly girly, floral of olive flower. By the time the top notes depart the scent essentially becomes a skin musk. Projection doesn't extend beyond those in very close proximity, but that's really how it should be. Right? The ever soo slightly smoky woods are tempered with the slightest Tonka bean sweetness keeping the base from being overly dry. The 'woods' in question are apparently Guiac wood, whatever that is. I'll have to check that out.

As for my wife's reaction to this (she bought it for me if that says something) is it's almost bizarre ability to make her want to ravish me. The perks just keep on coming with this cologne. Not since Cool Water has a fragrance on me had such an effect, and we're both coming to agree that even though Cool Water WORKS for me and my signature scent, that this new Code may have surpassed my old master.

Black Code isn't burly voiced, but it speaks very well of itself with elegance and smooth sensuality. It's also not the longest lived of cologne and even the biggest bottle (2.5 oz.!) could run short very quickly. It's becoming extremely popular and a top seller, which is a turn off to some of us scent snobs, but you should give this one a test drive on your skin and do whatever the hell you like. :)

on 7/27/2005 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this cologne for my hubby the other day. After several applications I love the way this smells on him. Very masculine, not a musky smell, very light smell. All I can say is Yummy!! My hubby really likes this cologne and so do I! I will repurchase this again!

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance