Giorgio Armani Black Code EDT Pour Homme

Giorgio Armani Black Code EDT Pour Homme

on 7/27/2005 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

"A unique blend of Tonka bean and Gaiac wood, tempered by the freshness of cedar wood and olive blossoms."

Whatever it is, it smells luscious.

on 7/27/2005 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this cologne for my hubby the other day. After several applications I love the way this smells on him. Very masculine, not a musky smell, very light smell. All I can say is Yummy!! My hubby really likes this cologne and so do I! I will repurchase this again!

on 11/10/2005 4:16:00 AM

Good god, I've been bitten by the men's fragrance bug. It started with Bvlgari Black -- the dryness, smokiness, spiciness, so sultry and rich and unique and lovely. Now it's Black Code among others. A beautiful woody, dry, incense scent, truly unisex. But if I smelled this on a man, I think I'd have to fall in love. Or at least bury my face into his sweater. This is so elegant, subtle, light, rich, gorgeous. A guy cannot go wrong wearing this, but lord help us, there are probably guys out there for whom this is TOO subtle, who want something sweet and heavy that will (preserve the universe please) STAND OUT in a boardroom.

Why do guys do this? Why? No one wants a guy to stand out in a boardroom, we want him to SMELL GOOD!!! Is this so hard to understand?

First of all I have to shout in the direction of Giorgio Armani & Co. *Black Code IS wonderfully simple. Wonderfully light, yet captivating. But why, oh why, must you bend us over with 2.5 oz. your largest size around the typical 3.4 oz. (or even 4.2) price of colognes in your range!*

Now that I have that off my chest, let's continue.

I knew the first time I sniffed Black Code on a card it was something 'else'. Had this territory of scent been conquered before? Well, yes. Lately? Not really.

And I knew it was something else.....Good

Black code starts off with a fresh blast of mintiness with a citrus snap. Right away I can smell the light woods in the background waiting for the top notes to leave the stage. This progression is never harsh or discomforting. Black Code could be loud, but it could never shout. Lithely the scent wafts towards a very soft, but not particuarly girly, floral of olive flower. By the time the top notes depart the scent essentially becomes a skin musk. Projection doesn't extend beyond those in very close proximity, but that's really how it should be. Right? The ever soo slightly smoky woods are tempered with the slightest Tonka bean sweetness keeping the base from being overly dry. The 'woods' in question are apparently Guiac wood, whatever that is. I'll have to check that out.

As for my wife's reaction to this (she bought it for me if that says something) is it's almost bizarre ability to make her want to ravish me. The perks just keep on coming with this cologne. Not since Cool Water has a fragrance on me had such an effect, and we're both coming to agree that even though Cool Water WORKS for me and my signature scent, that this new Code may have surpassed my old master.

Black Code isn't burly voiced, but it speaks very well of itself with elegance and smooth sensuality. It's also not the longest lived of cologne and even the biggest bottle (2.5 oz.!) could run short very quickly. It's becoming extremely popular and a top seller, which is a turn off to some of us scent snobs, but you should give this one a test drive on your skin and do whatever the hell you like. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just LOVE this perfume. I bought one for my hubby when it was just launched. It smells so masculine & dang sexeee!!! ;o) I totally agree with Sephora's description on this: A seductive new fragrance for men, Armani Code is a sexy blend of fresh lemon and bergamot softened with hints of orange tree blossom, warmed with soothing Guaiac wood, and Tonka Bean. Notes:
Lemon, Bergamot, Aromatic Mediterranean Notes, Guaiac Wood, Tonka Bean (yep - don't ask me what the heck is Guaiac Wood & Tonka Bean is...) Style:
Fresh. Sexy. Masculine. Yeah, baby! I even turned my dearest guy friend (who has been wearing the same perfume for the past 20 years) to this! The largest size is 2.5 fl.oz, but it has a very good staying power and a lil sprits goes a long way.

on 1/8/2008 4:08:00 AM

I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas and let me tell you this product smells so damn good. Guys if you want to turn your lady on this is the product for you. It not only smells good, it also lasts a really long time, so like most Giorgio Armani products a little goes a long way!

on 2/5/2008 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My husband found one of those sample vials of this stuff in his bathroom cabinet about a week ago and decided to try it since he was out of Aqua Di Gio. It had to be at least a year old and it was almost empty, but instead of smelling like alcohol, it was even better than what he had been wearing! We went out that night and I could not get my face off of his neck! He smelled so good!!! I wore it to work myself one day and that evening ran down to Ulta to get him a bottle! This stuff is seriously good, I mean we'll be writing great reviews about it in twenty years!! If you have a husband/boyfriend/father/brother, get him a bottle of this. If you don't, get yourself a bottle of this!

on 10/29/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Mmmm! If I was a boy this would be my HG fragrance. It smells soooo good! Sometimes I spray it on my bedding just to get that great scent as I sleep

One of the best men's fragrances of all times! Every time I'm so enthralled by a man's fragrance that I'm compelled to follow him down the street to ask him what he's wearing, it's Giorgio Armani Code (aka Armani Black Code). It smells a little different on each guy, but equally sophisticated, clean, and enchanting (it seriously casts a spell over me!!). It smells completely handsome and has a young, fresh, modern, European, almost metrosexual energy about it. This man is impecably groomed and has a healthy/respectful sense of pride in his appearance. Perfect for a night of club hopping in the middle of summer.

on 9/26/2009 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scent is ridiculously attractive and alluring. A guy I fell in love with wore it all the time. I couldn't stop smelling him! How embarrassing.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel