MAC Chroma Cake-Landscape Green

MAC Chroma Cake-Landscape Green

on 11/14/2017 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this to be the Wicked Witch of the West for Halloween because it’s the same makeup used on Broadway for Elphaba in Wicked. The cake is large, which I was very pleased with. I almost bought two out of fear of running out before Halloween, but now I’m glad I only bought one as a little goes a long way. In the pan it is a vibrant Kelly green. After a couple failed attempts to apply this evenly with a makeup sponge, I went out and bought the Japanese hake brushes (1 ½” and 2 ½” wide) liked the ones used backstage at Wicked. Following the previous reviewer’s suggestion I applied this using a lot of water, making it very wet and thin. I used the wider hake brush to paint it on quickly, then used the smaller brush, still dry, to buff out the streaks before it sets, which is fast! Because I’d practiced in advance, on Halloween night it turned out great! So practicing with this makeup is a must! I used Ben Nye Transparent Waterproof powder to set it and I only had minimal rub-off. The only downside is that I still have a full pan of this stuff and nothing to do with it (I'll just have to convince one of my kids to be a green character in the future). Oh well, it was worth it for the pictures and memories.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the product used in the broadway musical Wicked to make Elphaba the Wicked Witch of the West green. I used it for a Halloween costume, and although it does take some practice to get it to work really well-the results turned out to be amazing. The trick is to apply it with tons of water using a mix of foundation brushes and sponges. Then while its still wet, dry brushing it to get all of the color evened out. Without this dry brush step, the color comes out way too green and very opaque. The great thing about this technique is the sheer look acheieved, so that the skin underneath almost shows through, without letting the makeup rub off very much at all--it almost acts like a stain. Like is said it does take some practice, but after doing it about 4 times I got the hang of it! A really fun product!