no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

10 years ago

This could be the worst product I have purchased in my makeup/skincare career of over 40 years. I will describe the product as a gel/vaseline type formula with a few small particles that are not large enough or plentiful enough to scrub the skin. I received nothing from this product. No exfoliation. Nothing. Just a massage of gel into my face. It will be returned. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

Oh.. oh... OH MY GOSH! This is amazing! HG to the *max*! I have very dry skin, and I definitely need to exfoliate. I use an AHA about 2 times a week or so, but I do sometimes feel like I need to buffer away flakies on the surface. It has been hard for me to find a manual exfoliator because they tend to leave my skin feeling dry, and I'll be back to flakies if my skin dries out! This beauty does not dry me out one bit. I wash my face in the shower before I get out and follow with this. The packaging says massage for 1-2 minutes, but I did just about 30 seconds or so and that's fine. The texture is a gel with a fairly generous amount of jojoba beads, and it nourishes as it buffers because of it's soothing ingredients, leaving the skin *super* smooth, but not dry. It's described as an "instant glow-giving gel" and that is exactly what it is. I can't believe I have found an HG! This hardly ever happens to me. <3 If Good Skin stops making this, I will protest, petition... and cry!! [EDIT 6/07/09: I think that using this too often made me break out a bit. Not sure why but it's the only thing that I can think of that could possibly do that because it's the only new thing added to my routine. I use it less often now (like every two days), and it still has that glowy, pretty effect when I use it. I am just now more conservative about using it since I suspect it broke me out a bit (and I hardly ever get acne of any kind)!] <br></br> Ingredients: Water Purified, Methyl Gluceth-10, Jojoba Esters, Sorbitol, Tea-Carbomer, Cola Nitida (Kola) Nut Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-75, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

So, I was at Kohl's the other day, to pick up more Grassroots scrub, when I saw this little jem. Lately I've read various posters promoting the Good Skin brand. In the past I have sampled the gritty Microcrystal Skin Refinisher, but disliked it immensely. Too rough. But this one is perfection. Gentle, yet effective, and easily washes off. In the 3 days I have used this, I have gently eliminated 20% of post acne marks, without redness or break-out. The negative remarks on this scrub is probably from individuals with extremely sensitive skin. My skin can definitely handle it daily, but must follow with a hydrating night cream.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

12 years ago

Purchased this exfoliator at my local Kohl's as I have purchased and had success with other products in the Good Skin line. I have very fair skin and sensitive as well. Personally this was not a success/fit for me as each time I used this exfoliator it stung, burning sensation within seconds of gently working this product around/on my skin. I will continue to use and purchase the products from the Good Skin line that have worked well for me personally. Still looking for a "gentle" and effective facial exfoliator and will do my "homework" here on Makeupalley first before jumping ahead of self again. ;-)

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

13 years ago

A good basic scrub that I found to be non-irritating. Rinses easily and completely. Would buy again but it is not available in Australia. I bought mine through eBay.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

13 years ago

Pros: cheap, easily accessible (Kohls), gel-based, non-foaming scrub that didn't break me out or clog pores, loaded with lots and lots of tiny gentle particles, no dryness<p> Cons: wasn't effective enough to scrub off my flakies, packaging could use some work like a flip style lid, it leaves a sort of waxy film on my face, like candle waxy (I think from the particles)<p> Ingredients: Water Purified, Methyl Gluceth-10, Jojoba Esters, Sorbitol, Tea-Carbomer, Cola Nitida (Kola) Nut Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-75, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben<p> I have very sensitive skin due to chemicals in products and this has a great formulation that did not cause any bad reactions for me. However, I just prefer more of a rougher exfoliation. I will continue to use until I finish it, but I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

3.0

13 years ago

I WANTED to love this. I hate to ruin a perfect review. However, it stung my face. It didn't cause any residual redness or stinging, but it did sting while it was on. I think this may be due to the fact that I am on RAM. This is really strange, as I am not usually sensitive! Luckily I was able to return it without a problem! A flip-top cap would be better too but that is a minor detail.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

Picked this up on the cheap at Kohl's; there was a special in cosmetics where this was 20% off! Couldn't resist after all the raves here. Best twelve bucks I've spent in a long time - I'll probably stock up while the sale is on! Ok, now onto the review: this product is very simply formulated - it's not much more than water, thickeners, jojoba beads (they provide the buffing action), anti-irritants, and preservatives. No colorants or added fragrance. Not only will someone with sensitive skin be happy with this, it's really suitable for anyone who likes the feel of a super-gentle physical (as opposed to a chemical) exfoliant. It's gel consistency doesn't foam (it isn't a cleanser) - use it on damp, clean skin for best results. Left my skin feeling really smooth. Generous 3.4 ounce packaging is perfect - although some might complain that the opening on the squeeze type tube is big, but that's a minor nuisance. Definitely a re-purchase and I'll be looking into a few other products from the line as well.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairOther

14 years ago

i love it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

14 years ago

This has become my HG scrub. I have very fussy skin (super sensitive, oily, acne prone, rosacea prone, tightness/flakes from Differin ...) and thus have very specific requirements for a good scrub. Many physical scrubs are just murder for my overly sensitive skin. I wanted a soap free, SLS free, gentle but still *effective* scrub with little to no fragrance. This really fits the bill. It does indeed get rid of any flakes on my skin, but doesn't at all irritate my skin. Perfect! :) I have used it for a while now to be sure I was still happy before writing this review. I am confident that I will repurchase this item repeatedly, even though I have to buy it online (no Kohls here).

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24