NYX Ultimate Pearl Shadow

NYX Ultimate Pearl Shadow

4.5

on 10/21/2010 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Warning.....Glitter bomb eyeshadow!! This is the review that I submitted for the shade I purchased, which was Sahara...

What a disappointment this shadow was!! The name is Ultimate PEARL eyeshadow, and since I love the texture and finish of my NXY singles sooo much, I thought I would bite the bullet and pay $7.00 for the ULTIMATE PEARL finish. Neither review here mentioned the ULTIMATE GLITTER FALLOUT I was in for when I applied this shadow. And it was large glitter particles....not that I would have appreciated a shower of micro-glitter particles either, but man....these definitely are not suited to the face of a 43 year old woman. My sixteen year old daughter, however, was enraptured by the discoball, glittery goodness that was presented to her when I figured out that there was no way my dignity would allow me to walk out the door wearing this shadow. So, to summarize, if you are of a certain age and/or style where you still love glitter, these shadows may be right up your alley. Without the glitter, this shadow would have been a slam dunk for me; the texture of the shadow itself, and the color, were absolutely lovely....but why, WHY ruin it with that nasty, tacky glitter, NYX??? WHY?????

on 12/18/2009 1:15:00 AM

Overall Rating: 4- I love the colors that NYX has provided in this line. They're very vibrant, and yes pearl-like, but the sad thing is, is that certain colors don't appear as pigmented as you may think. It's a sad thing since the other eyeshadows from NYX are pigmented.It is a great product though for blending or using in combination with other colors. I have a somewhat medium skin tone, so it's hard to see the colors on my lid. I never use it as my main color, I tend to make it a base color and build off of it.

Price: 5- The only reason why I rated it a five is because I got it on sale at my local drugstore, but they crossed out the original price, so I have no clue what the original price is. But I do know that NYX's prices are very reasonable so that's why I rated it a five.

Packaging: 5- The packaging is cute and compact. It fits easily into all my bags and I have absolutely no complaints about it.

Buy it again?: No- It's hard for me to want to buy this product again because 1. It's no longer available in my local drug store and 2. I really have no need for "blending" colors. I can't easily make looks with it.

Overall: I find that this is a great eyeshadow, but for me, I don't really care for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love love love these. They are super pigmented and blend flawlessly. They have just a touch of shimmer, it looks pretty, so it's not glittery. I also love the packaging and the diamond pattern in the pan. They are more expensive then regular NYX shadows, but are totally worth it.

on 1/7/2009 9:47:00 PM

I love these shadows. I have most of them and they glide on smooth and blend well. I love with the NYX Jumbo Pencils as a base. I was hesitant at first because I thought they would be too shimmery, but there's avery light hint of shimmer on me. I would definately purchase again.

on 12/4/2008 10:50:00 AM

I love these eyeshadows. It's shimmery and bright just by itself.

on 10/13/2008 6:46:00 PM

I have this in Sahara Pearl which is a rosy golden color. It is my favorite all-over lid color. It applies smoothly and blends like a dream. The pigmentation and lasting power is amazing. I can't wait to collect the other ones!

on 8/30/2008 12:51:00 AM

These are so cool, I cant buy them as I live in NZ and NYX is not sold here, but recently went on holiday to Australia and had to prowl the shops to find any NYX products but I finnally found these, I got four (Lime pearl, Green pearl, Silver Pearl and Purple pearl) for $25 total. They are the only NYX products I have and I really wish they were sold here in NZ! I love them, they deffinitly do compare with MAC eyeshadows, and they are so much cheaper and the packaging is SO much nicer, I would deffinitly buy more and again so hopefully someone in NZ sees the light and starts to stock them!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this product in Bronze Pearl (deep red copper) and Gold Pearl (golden/copper brown). These looks great on my dark complexion (NC45). The deep pigment texture and smooth consistency gives MAC some competition. I think this product of NYX is just as good if not better than MAC when it comes to the stay power and a decent selection colors for dark skin.

The true test for me is that I don't have to apply a lot just to see the pigment on. In fact, I had to apply lightly.

The price is great $4 and the size of the package is slightly larger than normal. A great buy!

on 7/23/2008 1:53:00 PM

if the regular NYX single eyeshadows joined forces with the ultra pearl manias... the ultimate pearl shadow is what would be the result. it's the more shimmery version of the single and the pressed version of the pearl manias in the same color. there might be slight differences, but i hardly feel they are that noticeable to justify spending more money on this, especially if you already own the colors in one of the other forms.

in terms of quality, these are great... high color payoff and very velvety smooth. but i'd rather go with the single shadows simply because they cost less.

on 2/3/2008 10:29:00 AM

These are the shimmery counterparts to the singles. They have the same amount of pigment and blend extremely well. A little goes a long way! I gave it a four in packaging because they are slightly bigger in size and will not fit into a regular sized circular pan palette. Unfortunately, the stores and even cherryculture.com do not carry the entire color line, so if you happen to come across the entire line, definitely purchase.