Weleda Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion

Weleda Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion

Ingredients: INCI: Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Potassium Olivate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Eugenol*. *From natural essential oils. Ve - suitable for vegans.

on 1/5/2012 10:09:00 AM

yuck is all I can say. I loathe the smell of this, it irritated my skin the second it touched it and it didn't clean off my make up. I saw this at Marshalls and decided to try it along with the moisture cream and I absolutely hated both for the reasons above. I gave it 2 lippies because the brand is natural and I love the bottle it came in. I have since switched to the almond line and love it. It's unfortunate this line didn't work for me since it got great reviews. Trial and error people, that's what it's about :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this cleansing lotion. I use it as a precleanse or to take off my makeup. I put it on directly to dry skin and start massaging the dirt and oil right off and then take a dampened cotton pad to remove it. It does the job really well and at a great price. If I have a load of makeup I will go over it twice and that usually takes away every last trace of makeup I have on. The smell does not smell anything like roses in my opinion -- more like a medicine or herbal scent. It doesn't bother me considering how well it cleanses. This is such a fabulous product and I would recommend it to anyone. It is gentle and does not strip skin of moisture. It is also environmentally and animal friendly :). The only problem is that 1 bottle does not last nearly as long as I would like it to.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Weleda Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion - Usually I love Weleda products but not this one. It smells very strong, so strong that I could barely use it to remove my makeup. The consistency is bad also, liquid and thin which made it hard to apply with my fingers. It comes in a royal blue glass bottle but it has no pump. The bottle is actually pretty but the lotion itself is just awful. I will never buy this again and I don't recommend it to anyone. My bottle is going in the trash. I wouldn't even pass this stuff on to someone else it is that bad :(

on 3/9/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on sale at Target, because I'm a sucker for anything rose-scented. First off, the packaging is very pretty - a heavy cobalt blue glass bottle - but not very practical for wet shower/bathroom handling by a klutz like myself. The product itself is very nice - a thick milky lotion that smells rosy & herbal. It works best on dry or damp skin. If you apply it to soaking wet skin, it'll slide right off. I massage about 1-2 teaspoons of the lotion all over my damp face including eye area for maybe 30 seconds, then rinse. It removes all of my makeup, and rinses clean. It doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped or dry at all, but it also doesn't feel oily or coated afterwards. Just clean and lightly hydrated. My dry-ish skin loves this product. It keeps me clear & blemish free without stripping or overdrying, and I love the fragrance. Will definitely repurchase!

on 2/27/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

VERY gentle cleansing lotion. It's a thin liquid. The scent is wonderful, it's of wild roses. I found this for 75% at target, so I got a really good deal on this. It's so gentle on the skin I wasn't sure it was cleaning adequately. It did dissolve eye makeup effortlessly and left my skin smooth and moisturized. I often wear full face makeup so I am a little wary on trying this alone, but we'll see.

on 11/6/2010 11:58:00 AM

OMG I love this product for my combination skin! It's a gentle cleanser that soothes the skin and the rose is a tiny bit astringent yet not drying. Great for balancing my combination-dry skin without stripping natural oils or disturbing the acid mantle of my skin. The smell is delightful and not overpowering. It rinses clean and leaves no residue. The bottle is glass so no plastic chemicals leeching into the product or changing the formula, and it looks lovely on my bathroom sink. I will keep using this in the wintertime (not sure about summer, will have to wait and see). I can't wait to try some more Weleda products!

on 10/17/2010 3:24:00 PM

I just started using this instead of my philosophy purity made simple in conjunction with skin food. I really wanted to like this because I love the smell, and actually, though its not convenient, I like the glass bottle. It was weird. The rest of my skin has been awesome and I was all excited, however, my chin broke out in a way that defies logic. At first I was like awesome yeah purge that mess, but when it calmed down a little bit, any old mess was still there. I looked up the ingredients and out of the philosophy, skin food, and this. This cleanser is the only one that carries an irritating comodegenic ingredient (Glyceryl Stearate SE). I found other awesome things in my trying new stuff adventure, I am just sad that the most expensive and only full size thing I got was the one that did this. Boo hiss.

on 9/15/2010 5:18:00 PM

This is a really lovely product, and deceptively effective, given how gentle it is. It has a lovely scent and is great for 'tetchy', tempermental skin. It is soothing and balancing, working wonders for both the dry red patches on my cheeks and the congested skin on my t-zone; for the first time in as long as I can remember my skin is perfectly clear, balanced and glowing. I bought this when I couldn't purchase my usual Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and I actually think this might even have the edge on that other fantastic cleanser; I'm very impressed indeed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm 58 and this cleanser leaves my face clean and soft. I have oily skin and this takes the oil away without feeling stripped.
I also use the wild rose toner, day cream, mask. Want to try all the wild rose products--so far great.

Purchased this after reading all the positive reviews on this site. I have very sensitive skin with a touch of rosacea. This cream immediately cools and takes away the worst of the red after a hot day. The bottle isn't too bad; I took off the plastic piece and the cream flows a lot easier now. What I like is that it doesn't completely erase the color in my skin, but just brings it back down to a normal shade. Not stripping or drying, but I only use it at night and WO in the morning. I don't wear a lot of makeup, only eyeliner, so I can't comment on its effectiveness in makeup removal. Overall a great wash, and I'll repurchase when it's finished!