OPI Do You Lilac It?

OPI Do You Lilac It?
OPI Do you lilac it?

4.6

on 11/5/2016 6:49:00 PM

I love this color! I have a bunch of purple polishes, and this is the most professional. It has a soft gray undertone. For this reason I like to wear it with neutral or cool toned clothing, not warmer colors. This is definitely worth buying!

on 9/2/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My husband bought this for me as a Christmas stocking stuffer. Even though I have a lot of purple polishes and several lavenders, I didn’t have one quite like this. The formula was surprisingly sheer and I needed three coats to make it truly opaque with no thin spots. I find this a little annoying as I like two coats for my polish, no more, no less, but OPI applies evenly and it dries quickly, so it didn’t take all night to dry. Since I applied the polish after dark, it looked a bit grayish and muted on my nails, a little disappointing, but under daylight, it is much cleaner and vivid, a true blue-based lavender with no hint of muddiness but there are still some gray tones coming through. I don’t know if this will be a polish I reach for a lot, but I will use it again and if you like purples and lavenders than this is a good one to try.

To Read all 139 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this polish. It's stunning. I love how vibrant it looks against my medium/tan skin tone (I'm a 7.0 in Urban Decay Naked Skin, Barcelona in Nars, and Toast in Revlon Colorstay). It holds up pretty well to my abuse, considering that I type on a daily basis.

Do You Lilac It? is one of my favourite OPI colours. While it is more lavender than lilac, it is a beautiful and fairly bright shade with a creme finish. It has cool undertones and is an eye catching colour which is not too OTT. I truly believe this colour would flatter all skin tones! The formula is great, it is opaque in two coats and is neither too thick or thin. It is not streaky and is easily to work with. It also dries quickly. The staying power is good, it lasts a week without chipping or tip wear, even when I don't use base or top coat. This is one of my favourite nail polishes ever, I always find myself reaching for it. Highly recommended.

on 8/29/2015 3:49:00 PM

This medium lavender creme just didn't quite work for me. Lavender tends to look washed out and neutral on my nails, and that's what happened with this one.

Great formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I didn't care for the shade and I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 4/19/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

GORGEOUS COLOR!! Do You Lilac It is the perfect lavender shade next to fair skin. It looks so fresh, classy and bright. My girlfriend gave me hers & I fell in la la LOVE! This polish is worth it. 💜

on 4/19/2015 10:30:00 PM

Pretty but these types of color make my skin look terrible. Will stick with pinks and corals. Bought this and grape fit and I guess iam just not a purple/ lavender kind of gal. My fault... I should have known better.

on 7/27/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very easy to wear lilac (light/medium) purple with blue tones. Lovely under "Bikini Zone" and great as a spring or summer pedi or mani.

Perfect for what I needed and enough opacity yet not chalky looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go to spring polish. It's a gorgeous lilac color! Love, love, love!

on 4/24/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am currently wearing this on my hands and feet and this color rocks! I'm dark and I used to avoid lilac colors because I felt they wouldn't look right on me. Well, this lilac shade proved me wrong. Unlike other lilac colors, this shade doesn't contain alot of white, which makes this very wearable for darker skin tones. On me, this shade is a warm purple, yet still light enough to convey lilac. It's a fun, light color that is feminine. The first coat drags a bit, but a second coat evens it out and after two coats it is completely opaque. The lasting time is typical of OPI, about 4-5 days.

Popular Polishes