MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

4.4

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am reviewing the most recent release from the apres collection I believe. I walked into MAC looking to browse, not having any idea of what collections might be out etc. When I saw this, I was surprised to see the ever so popular stereo rose so I had the MAC artist try it on my cheeks. Absolutely beautiful, it makes my cheeks feel glowy but not shimmery and it lasted on me for about 6 hours after that I didn't really notice if it remained on my cheeks. I like to use it as an eye shadow as well and it gives me color, as opposed to normal highlighters which I love. This is why I categorize it mostly as a blush. I would repurchase again, but I don't think I will have to.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Very pretty color! I use brush 188 with this. Suits both NC and NW.
Easy to adjust the color -from light touch on your cheeks -to heavy touch.
Beautiful over MACs Mineralize satinfinish fondation.

(If you are unable to get a hold on this- try MACs Blush "Springsheen" instead - its very similar.)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel like it's mean to add another review to this, since it's impossible to find, but this has to be my favorite MAC MSF so far. I have about 20 of them (yes I'm slightly deranged) but this is quickly becoming my favorite for an everyday, shimmery but not glitterbomb-y, look-like-you're-lit-from-within-even-though-you-got-4-hours-of-sleep product. I'm NC35 for reference and this shows up beautifully on me. I sweep it on my cheeks and up to my temples and it makes me look so much more awake. I wish MAC would just make this one permanent. Le sigh. Don't know if it's worth the crazy eBay prices, since I'm not sure if it's dupeable or not, but I'd buy another one if they repromoted it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just got this in a swap, and I know that I was very fortunate to have laid my hands on it. I can see why everyone wants it; its so different from all the other MSFs that have ever been released. For the past few years it seems like all the MSFs have been either neutral toned and sheer (Refined, By Candlelight, etc.) or in the gold/bronze/brown family. (Well, Porcelain Pink is pink, but didn't look like anything on me.) This one is unique because its distinctly coral (looks scary orange in the pan) and goes on like a frosty bright peach blush. Pro: the color is gorgeous, brightens up my cheeks, goes well over a bit of bronzer or a neutral matte blush. Cons: very shimmery (perhaps too shimmery for over-40 skin); easy to over-do if you already have shimmer on your face; does not last all day on me. And, like other MSFs, because of the packaging, not practical to carry around for touch-ups. I wish that MAC would release this someday as a Mineralize blush. That would be cool! I would definitely buy it. MAC people--are you reading this?

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Just received this in a swap and OMG, I love it! I'm NC40, applying NARS Laguna as a contour with Stereo Rose as a blush/highlighter, and WOW, what a perfect, healthy glow. This is what I thought NARS Orgasm would look like, but it didn't - at least not for me - it was a little too light. I would definitely purchase this again. Too bad it's limited edition.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I bought Stereo Rose on Ebay for $47 after it received so much hype in the beauty community. I was very disappointed in it when I first began using it, but I have grown to adore Stereo Rose. It is a frosty peach color that creates a healthy glow to my complexion. I find that it shows up a lot more on my NC42 skintone when I apply it wet, but it still shows up well when it is dry. I do not regret paying extra for it on Ebay, so I do recommend that if you can still get your hands on it that you certainly do.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this, it's VERY beautiful and certainly lives up to the hype. It makes a pretty blush as well as a highlight!

I love this MSF, Petticoat used to be my favourite but its now been replaced by this! I got it just last week from the In the Groove Collection (July 2010)
Not overly shimmery which is great if you have some oily skin issues like me and have large large pores. I was worried this was going to make me look greasy but it didnt! Good result!
Its also NOT glittery which is great - and so no worries there if you are put off by some MSFs like Gold Deposit (yuck!).
Staying power (on me) was as expected - average for a MSF (but I find that ALL MSF and some MAC blushes do not stay on me for very long and I have to re-apply. I put this down to my oily skin, and not the product.
I find using Fix+ on my brush (Sonia Kashuk highlighter brush) makes it stay on for longer.
I use it as a blush and not a all over highlighter...you might get a Oompa-Lumpa effect if you do that.
I am NC35-37 for reference.
I love this but its not worth the crazy prices some people are charging for this on Ebay - its nice but not THAT nice. I would re-purchase but ONLY at retail price and not more.

Gorgeous MSF but definitely not better than my HG Light Flush. It is nice but reminds me a lot of MAC's springsheen.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Stereo Rose! I have literally been stalking this product for over a month now. I'm not particularly attracted to corals but I saw the ITG collection on Temptalia and found out the hype about this product from there.

Since then I have literally looked at EVERY review for it and have had a mental debate about whether or not to get it the whole time lol. I finally decided that I'd get it if I liked my first swatch of it. TBH I was expecting it to be an overhyped product but I was pleasantly surprised. The collection launched in my country (Hong Kong) today and they actually had plenty in stock. (I didn't have to pre-order/get in line/wake up extra early) Perhaps people here are not aware of how coveted this product is.

For reference, I am an NC40/NC42 (Indian skin). I swatched this product at the store and I really liked it. It is a coral colour with a lovely sheen. I definitely don't think it is very shimmery. I have Soft and Gentle and I find that EXTREMELY glittery. Also thought By Candlelight was pretty shimmery but this has a really pretty finish. It gives a glowy look which i have been after for ages. I used it today and applied it on my cheekbones and a little below and sprtized with Fix+ (trust me it DOES make a difference). It gave a really nice glow and I'm very pleased with it. The texture is really soft and buttery. I cannot do any comparisons since this is my first coral product ever (cannot resist my pinks) but if you can get your hands on this, definitely do :)