MAC Cosmetics Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.4

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When I swatched this on my hand at my local counter I actually caught my breath it is so pretty!

I use it as a blush as I am fair - it doesn't quite work as a highlight for me, but will try again when summer comes. It's not just for nighttime - I wear it during the day (with a light hand) as well.

I find that though the colour doesn't last all day (5-6 hours on my combination skin), the shimmer does. There is no chunky glitter, just a lovely, glowing golden-peach on my fair skin.

You get so much in a pot, which is great, considering the £22 price tag is pretty hefty, and it will last me years. It's my first MAC MSF highlight, and I'm so impressed that I've ordered Lightscapade off the strength of reviews from MakeupAlley - I can't wait for it to arrive!

I love this skin finish so much! Got the last one at my local counter. tried in on when I got home with NO makeup on and i have to say its the most beautiful natural color that I have ever used. I dont think people need to worry about backups, my first skin finish from over 3 years ago I haven't even hit pan in yet. LOVELOVELOVE! HG for sure

RIS and I love it! I didnt understand the hype when this came out a few months back and I wasnt bothered that it was sold out.
Then I was offered this in a swap and I thought why not and am so pleased I now have this.It looks beautiful in the pan and is unlike any other blush/highlight I have.Theres no glitter,just a glow which at my age is vital ;o)
I've worn this alone as a subtle blush and it looked gorgeous and lasted hours and today I wore it over franklyscarlet and it looked lovely too.
Im thrilled I ahve this now and its become one of my fave makeup items.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

One of MAC's best Mineralized Skinfinishes. I love Stereo Rose, and the unique color that shows up when applied- its like a coral with a hint of peach and pink, and just the perfect touch of shimmer (not glitter!) ...... When I heard this was being released again with MAC's 'In The Groove' collection, I had to have it- and so did hundreds of other people! :) ....When I recieved a backorder email I was sad, but figured that maybe it wasn't that great of a product. Anywho, I then had a chance to swap for this- and I'm so happy I did. The color is certainly different, yes its coral (which isn't new) but there is just something about ST that makes it just beautiful. ST can be used as a blush of course, or you can apply this lightly over another blush to give it a nice sheen. Everytime I wear this, I get asked at least once what blush it is :P ....is it worth the hype? that is up to you of course, I think this color is perfect for every skin-tone- lighter ladies should use a stippling brush as this can be easily overdone at times. I'm very happy with my Stereo Rose, and I'm trying not to to use all of it up.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazingly, received this in a swap, and it does NOT disappoint! I have a few MSFs, but the coral of Stereo Rose is magnificent. It looks great against my fair skin and I only have to use a small amount, so it will probably last forever. I can see how it is a hard one to dupe (although IMO Benefit - Coralista does a similar look but without the pretty shimmer that SR offers.) HOWEVER, I don't think all the hype is necessary. It is a very pretty color and flattering... But MAC's other MSFs are just as good. Worth a try, but not worth more than 30 bucks IMO. Try to get it in a fair swap and don't trade your "first born" for this either!

When I heard about the hype surrounding this product, I got-footed it to my nearest MAC counter in Dublin and I snapped up not one but two of these, for fear that I may love it... I need not have.

I feel that this colour is over-rated and chalky. It does not suit my skin tone at all. (NC30 for reference) I will continue to use it but I would not repurchase this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought the Mineral Skinfinish in Stereo Rose in a 'spur of the moment' sort of thing. I wandered by the busiest MAC store in my city to swatch it a week after it has been released, being absolutely sure it was sold out. Alas, it wasn't, and I ended up buying this spontaneously along with By Candlelight, figuring I always could give or swap it away if I didn't like it.

I'm no fan of MAC's generic looking packaging or the brand in general, but Stereo Rose surely does look beautiful in the pan. Mine has minimal bronze veining, and the subtle mélange on its surface looks wonderful. On my fair skin, it appears as a lovely, flushed coral. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can appear quite metallic and unnatural when layered a few times. But when applied with a light hand, the sheen is barely noticable. I tried it as an eyeshadow, too, but it doesn't seem to be pigmented enough to make my eyes pop. It might be different with a bright base or applied wet, but I like to judge my products on how they perform on their own, without help.

Is it a good procuct? Yes, definitely. Is it worth the hype? You decide. For me, it isn't as life-changing as almost everybody makes it out to be, but it's nonetheless a nice addition to my ever-growing makeup collection.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This is certainly a beautiful colour, and I'm glad I got my hands on it as I didn't own a blush like it, but does it live up to the hype? I'm not so sure. It only requires a light hand with my NW20 skin, so will last for ages, but there really are a number of very similar colours out there - especially the Laura Geller baked blush in Grapefruit. Would I pay an outrageous price on ebay to someone who bought multiples to make a profit? Heck no.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to agree with many other reviewers that I dont get what all the hype was about! I do like this but holy hell it sold out online with in 2 hrs if not less and the stores were out before it was even released! I was lucky enough to get one that a subbie of mine on youtube got for me but she stayed up refreshing her computer ALL night till they released it so I love her for that I love the product cause of all the hell that we went thru to get it LOL but really its a nice coral shimmery color. If you are fair like me you need to be EXTRA careful not to over do it and that can happen VERY easily! I highly recommend using a duo fiber brush like the 187 or 188 or the blush duo fiber (thats what I use) but I dont remember the # LOL they seem to get a nice light application for my fair skin so I dont go around looking ORANGE or clownish. It is a nice Coral shimmer shade which is hard to use if you are wearing anything cool toned on your face so I normally only use it when I am wearing a face of warm toned products.
I do like it a lot I just cant believe the hype that came around it cause I got 3 with this collection and I like them all the same! Stereo Rose Petticoat and By Candlelight. They will last a life time and are very nice to have in a collection but necessary I dont think so!!
Also MAC keeps uping the price of their stuff! Even if it was $2 that makes a difference when you are getting 3.
I just hope that stops cause they are making a killing!!

I bought this when it first came out years ago and wasn't impressed then , and not impressed now! Too much hype on this product! It's o.k. nothing to really rave about!