MAC Cosmetics Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

amazing product.... such a pretty color and a subtle frost finish... i am light medium and i use it as a blush as well as a highlighter... can be worn in day(ofc with a soft hand)..and night...
only problem was that it did emphasize my pores.. :(
other than that everything about it is pretty... wear time is also long enough ..i would say about 5-6 hrs..
definitely would buy again if ran out of it but that aint gonna happen, because i don't think anybody can finish this huge amount in one pan in a single lifetime...haha

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is very pretty.
It gives a healthy glow on the skin, and it's not too shiny, so it can be easily used during the day.
I tried to use it just like blush, but my skin isn't so light.... So i Can't.
It's a little peach color, a little coral....

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I recently received my 'A Fantasy of Flowers' version of Stereo Rose and I am quite smitten. I don't own it from the previous releases and was hoping for a nice peach colored sheen, however I ordered it sight unseen from MAC's website, and received a lovely coral, pinkish shade with light gold veining.

I was really hoping to be able to use this as a blush, but instead have found on my NW50/55 skin a glow that is akin to what I had long wished NARS Orgasm to be. Applied with with a blush brush, and blended out it gives a beautiful lit-from-within glow, but does not deposit any perceptible color. On fairer skin, I imagine that your undertones will determine whether this reads pink or peach.

I applied it in a 'C' shape, from my temples down to my cheeks, and also to the inner corners of my eyes for a subtle appearance of brightness. The finish isn't sparkly, but it certainly is frosty and absolutely emphasizes pores. Wear time is about 6/7 hours.

I would definitely pick this up if you're looking for a nice highlighter/blush, and hope that if MAC opts to include this again in another collection, make it deeper. I paid $30 and would most certainly buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

IF YOU EVER ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO COME ACROSS THIS PRODUCT YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO PURCHASE IT! This has to be one if the most, if not the most versatile MSF I own. The one thing I love about it is that it works for EVERYONE. For more fair completions it's great as a blush, same for darker complexions and depending on how applied can be used as a highlight. This is definitely one of my most treasures Mac products ❤️

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a gorgeous, bright coral highlighter which I personally used more as a blush as it has the pigmentation for it. I have a light, warm/yellow-toned skin (MAC C2, Becca Camel, Nars TM Alaska) and this gave such a pretty pop of color on the cheeks. Unfortunately I dropped the pan and it completely shattered beyond repair. MAC has some great things but so many of them are limited edition - I wish they would make this and their other much-loved items permanent..

I personally am a HUGE fan of the MAC MSFs. I was so excited when this came out with the Apres Chic collection because I didn't have anything like it in my collection. I also thought it would be great for a summer sun kissed look! When I received it I thought it was gorgeous in the packaging alone! It comes in the standard MAC MSF packaging. Being that it sold out so fast on the MAC website I purchased mine on the Nordstrom site where it also sold out quick. When I got it, it was my go to shade for blush/highlight. The MSFs are so versatile that they can be worn as shadow, blush, or highlight. Right away I received so many complements on my glowy skin when I wore it as a blush. I was super excited about this product, but about 5-6 hours through my day the product oxidized into my skin so bad that I just looked like an oily mess. I tried wearing it over a beauty powder also from MAC in the shade Shell Pearl and applied it very lightly almost just as a highlight and it lasted all day once I set it with a powder. This is what worked for me. I didn't want to let the product just sit and waste away I had to find what worked for me and my skin (I have combination skin) Overall I am satisfied with the MSF, not nearly as excited or happy about it as I was waiting to receive it. Wouldn't purchase again only because this is a product that will last me quite some time being that I don't wear it everyday! Hope this helps ladies!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am reviewing the most recent release from the apres collection I believe. I walked into MAC looking to browse, not having any idea of what collections might be out etc. When I saw this, I was surprised to see the ever so popular stereo rose so I had the MAC artist try it on my cheeks. Absolutely beautiful, it makes my cheeks feel glowy but not shimmery and it lasted on me for about 6 hours after that I didn't really notice if it remained on my cheeks. I like to use it as an eye shadow as well and it gives me color, as opposed to normal highlighters which I love. This is why I categorize it mostly as a blush. I would repurchase again, but I don't think I will have to.

Worth the hype?
This shade its just so pretty...and i believe it would suit any skin colors.
For referece im NC25 in Mac.

I've had a chance to purchase twice during its re-release and I have to say, I'm not a fan. The original is far superior in terms of colour and finish. While I know MSFs can vary depending on veining, I have found the new releases to be much more frosted and on the peachy side compared to the original. The original was much softer, with a golden pink shade and had a slight sheen---which offered a nice healthy glow to the cheeks. I will not re-purchase these again as I don't think they will ever compare to the original.
The re-releases are nice in colour but calling them Stereo Rose is an insult to the original. Nice try MAC.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've had 2 different Stereo Rose MSFs and both were too dark to be a highlight & too frosty to be a cheek color. Plus, they looked "dirty" on me. With the first one, I thought that it was due to the marbling or batch. Then, when I used another one with different marbling from a different batch, that ended up looking exactly the same on me, I thought that it was because of my C5/NC42 coloring. BUT, now that I've read some reviews from people with fair to dark complexions, that mention this looking frosty and/or dirty on them, I don't have a clue as to why Stereo Rose has this effect on us. To anyone that has had these problems AND those dying to get their hands on Stereo Rose, I STRONGLY SUGGEST TRYING MILANI'S ROSE D'ORO BAKED BLUSH. It's cheaper, easier to get a hold of and everything that I wanted/expected Stereo Rose to be. Big THANKS to bloominbeautyblog.com for bringing Rose D'Oro's likeness to Stereo Rose to my attention.