MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product forever! It makes your skin look so healthy, and in the winter time even a little tan. There are subtle sparkles, but it's hardly noticeable. I actually think it makes you look even more radiant.

I first got into makeup the year this was released for the first time in macs in the groove collection. It seemed like everyone was raving about it on youtube plus it was so so pretty. Sadly my local mac counter was sold out of it. I waited for a year or two for it to be re released so when it was I got it the day it was released. This is my absolutely favorite coral blush. It makes my fair NC20 skin glow. I have had it for a year and am not even close to running out. I will definitely repurchase for the rest of my life!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Very pretty color! I use brush 188 with this. Suits both NC and NW.
Easy to adjust the color -from light touch on your cheeks -to heavy touch.
Beautiful over MACs Mineralize satinfinish fondation.

(If you are unable to get a hold on this- try MACs Blush "Springsheen" instead - its very similar.)

ah this is my holy grail highlighter/blush! I wear it everyday. Looks very good on fair-medium toned skin. Not too shimmery, just perfect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for a friend since she was unable to get it for herself when it was released, and she let me use it until we were able to meet up (great friend!). I didn't have the money at the time to buy one for myself, so I was worried I would love it after trying hers and forever regret it. I admit I was also very curious because of the hype...who wasn't?!

I am very pleased and relieved to report that I absolutely hated this product on me. It was way, way too burnt orangey on me. I've found that warm blushes look best on me (I have red hair) so I was surprised this looked so awful, even with light application with a 187. Looking at photos I took in natural light that day of wearing it...they were all ruined (as far as I'm concerned) because my cheeks looked terrible. Not flattering at all on my extremely fair skin.

As far as MSFs go though, this is a nice one. Nice smooth texture, minimal shimmer, no glitter chunks. It's also pigmented enough to use alone as a blush. That's where it earned its 2 lipsticks from. It just looked so bad on me. For such a hyped up product, I can only see this working on some people - it's definitely not universally flattering, in my opinion.

Like so many others I went through a lot of hassle to get one. While I can see why it's so popular - it is funky and original after all - it is not for me. I'm medium skin tone but I still feel it shows up too strongly even when I try to pick up very little with my brush. My cheeks really scream out "I'm wearing blush" and look like disco balls with a red traffic light shining on them. Not a very wearable MSF for me. Maybe I'll wear it for special occasions such as New Years Eve?....

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Ok, I admit, I gave into the hype surrounding this product. I wanted it and called one Pro Store and 2 counters until I found it. Like another reviewer, I got mine because someone forgot to pick up their hold and the time had expired. I got this and By Candlelight. Being a PPP, this is definitely a blush for me. I love coral blushes and this is similar to Coralista, Orgasm, etc. However, Stereo Rose has a bit more of an orangey tone to it. I have to pair it with a deeper toned lipstick to make it look right. Also, I have to apply it with a "skunk"/stippling brush, as applied with a blush brush it's too strong. It is pretty, but much like other MUAers who got it this time around, I am kind of wondering what all the excitement was about. Perhaps if I had gotten it the first time around, I'd understand better. I wouldn't say anyone "needs" this, but if you want a pretty coraly/orangey blush, I'd say go for it. Also, these are good value for the money, they last forever. So for $28, you may have something that will last you 3-4 yrs, even with frequent use. Can't say I'd buy it again, because it was LE & MAC may or may not re-issue it again.

So today is the 9th of July. The In The Groove collection was released on the 1st July. I wasn't too bothered about getting a Stereo Rose, and I certainly wasn't going to run around looking for one. Anyway, I went to my MAC today to pick up the Love To Love trio, and lo and behold, my MAC wasn't sold out of SR. Online was sold out, ebay was awash with people selling them for an outrageous 40. And there it was sitting and staring at me. After more than a week. So of course, I bought one (the last one as it happened). When I got it home, I tried it on my face. It was too orange, too shimmery and a bit dirty on my fair skin. I didn't see what the hype was about. I thought about keeping it and trying to make it work, or just keeping it for the sake of having it. But then I thought about all the poor souls who had been waiting two years for a Stereo Rose. So, being the good make-up samaritan that I am, I plonked it on ebay for a mere 20 ($30) and it sold within 10 minutes. So now, someone who's been waiting for this repromote for the last two years gets a Stereo Rose to love, and I've done my good deed for the day. Hooray for Oxford being such a backwards place that you can get such hyped product when you stroll in a week later!

this msf was released today in england so i picked one up just to see what all the hype was about. im pale skinned and i thought it would make a nice blush, i was expecting it to look along the lines of ripe peach blusher colour wise, but i think i will be using it as a top of the cheek bone highlighter when im wearing brown or peach blushers. the colour is a very shimmery peachy, bronzey, antique rose gold colour, its hard to describe. although im glad ive got it and will use it, its not something that i would get a backup of even if they were to never release it again. one last thing i did notice though is i only slightly touched it with my brush and it was very dont know how to say this, not crumbly but powdery, as in alot of product went everywhere, are all msfs like this or have i a dodgy one?

i would repurchase , just for my collection. I swapped mine away :( . I do like the colour but springsheen blush is much easier to travel with ( palettes) and it's almost identical. i also don't believe in price gauging ,so i'd only get it if it's ever re-released. So if you love the colour, try spribng sheen blush for a smooth and super natural glow :)