MAC Cosmetics Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

One word: overhype. I wonder if this is a product that is better on certain skin types. On me it's a coral and a little dirty. It's too dirty for me, but I'm very pale and cool toned. This is the 2nd release of it, if that makes any difference. I'm glad I tried it. I always get sucked into hype and HAVE to try it so that's been satisfied, but it's only ok. I like Tarte tipsy much better on me-it's cleaner and the same shade. At least on me. With both SR and Tipsy I have to make sure my brush is clean though. Even a well wiped off brush will transfer color through these blushes.
I also didn't see much in the way of a "glowy" finish on this. The finish just looked like a blush. Nothing too notable. So for me this product was, "Meh."

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really like this MSF. I only bought it because it was available on nordstrom.com, so I thought, hey why not? I tried several ways to use it as a blush and a highlighter. As a blush, it was too shimmery on my cheeks. The color was amazing but too shimmery. I tried using it as a highlighter but then again, it was too shimmery or too pinkish on my skin (NC30). I put it on top as a highlighter on my cheekbone on top of my blush and it looks amazing. I only do a swipe with my blush brush and swipe it onto the tops of my cheeks and the color and shimmer and sheen contrast with my blush is beautiful. I could see this lasting forever for me considering I hardly touch it. I got it when the collection came out for the new stereorose when everyone went crazy for its release, and use it a couple of times a week and it looks good a new still and its been.. half a year? or so? but yeah. if it comes out again, GO GET IT. Don't believe the hype though, it's good, but not SUPER AMAZING. So if you don't think you need it then pass, you won't die. trust.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great color....love t use this as a blush....no sparkely glitter stuff in it at all. It has a soft sheen/shimmer to it which is great in my opinion. Color is like a corally/pinky shade...so great to use as an every day blush.
the only problem with this blush is that it doesn't last at all on its own or over another powder blush....must use a cream blush underneath it to get it to last more than 3 hours.
Would I recommend it...no b/c there are other brands that have unique colors that last for a long period like nars...even the cheaper brands like Nyx can produce blush that can last more than an hour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this in a swap and I'm so glad that I did. I find myself reaching for it so much that I have to stop myself cause i'm afraid to run out. It's a beautiful peachy glow for your cheeks and not too glittery as some of the other MSF's. It looks beautifully subtle on my NC25 skin and also works great on top of oher blushes. I always get compliments when I wear it.

I love stereo rose! I thought it was just the hype, so I didn't really go into panic mode when it sold out on mac's website. I went to mac's counter at my local macy's 2 days after in the groove was launched, and i got stereo rose along with a few other products. The color is a mix of coral, bronze, a bit golden, a little peach... just perfect and gorgeous! No chunky glitters or crazy shimmers, just a nice subtle sheen. I love this so much that I went back to Macy's the very next day and picked up a back up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

gorgeous product. very wearable. gorgeous glowy cheeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Yes yes yes, I brought this all because of the hype and I'm so glad I did. At first, I was thinking of passing it because it looks nothing special but I was wrong. When applied on my cheeks, it's the most beautiful glowing blush ever. It's glowy but not glittery. When use this, I don't even need any other highlighter which save me time and afford. So by the time I knew I'm in love with this, I called 3 other MAC store to get a back up but they're all sold out. Luckily the 4th store still had some so I managed to get my hand on another one. Because this is love so I'll be very upset if I run out of this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just picked this gem up today, it is gorgeous. It has a glowing peachy aura about it with a luminescent pink quality, it lights up your face and this is a smashing summer cheek shade. It buffs on like a dream with the 187 skunk brush. Goes on like butter and looks like a dream.I saw pics of this in the past and it did not appeal to me, in person this is truly a stand out product from all the rest. I marked to not purchase again because one MSF will last me a looooonnnngggg time. A+

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I went through ALOT just try this product and I am in love:) I am nw20-25 and this gives me anice healthy glow:) I use this lightly with a regular Sephora blush brush and it is just ahmazing:D

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

While this looks pretty in the compact it doesn't look all that great on my face. It looks like any other coral blush with a slight metallic sheen. I don't hate it or love it and have to be selective about when I want to wear it. If I do a slight dusting of it, it looks ok, when I get a little heavy handed it starts to look muddy. I don't have this problem with other coral blushes.

So yea, that's me not understanding the whole hype with this product. Maybe someday in the future I may dig it out of my drawer and love it.