MAC Cosmetics Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.3

I brought this at CCO- Cosmetic Company Outlet and I been on the search for this for a few years now. I heard that the older version that was released a few years ago is more pigmented. I brought this 3 weeks ago at Napa Valley CCO and I am so in love with this highlighter. It works as both a highlighter and a blush. On my NC 20 skin tone, it appears to be a light rosy sheen. This is also a good deal because I brought it for $22. Watch my video for a demo and review. Also do not use it with a dense brush as it would pick up too much product and make your face look like a disco ball. Use a stippling brush. I prefer the MAC 188 brush to apply and it gives me the perfect amount of my cheeks.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is very pretty.
It gives a healthy glow on the skin, and it's not too shiny, so it can be easily used during the day.
I tried to use it just like blush, but my skin isn't so light.... So i Can't.
It's a little peach color, a little coral....

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When I swatched this on my hand at my local counter I actually caught my breath it is so pretty!

I use it as a blush as I am fair - it doesn't quite work as a highlight for me, but will try again when summer comes. It's not just for nighttime - I wear it during the day (with a light hand) as well.

I find that though the colour doesn't last all day (5-6 hours on my combination skin), the shimmer does. There is no chunky glitter, just a lovely, glowing golden-peach on my fair skin.

You get so much in a pot, which is great, considering the 22 price tag is pretty hefty, and it will last me years. It's my first MAC MSF highlight, and I'm so impressed that I've ordered Lightscapade off the strength of reviews from MakeupAlley - I can't wait for it to arrive!

I first got into makeup the year this was released for the first time in macs in the groove collection. It seemed like everyone was raving about it on youtube plus it was so so pretty. Sadly my local mac counter was sold out of it. I waited for a year or two for it to be re released so when it was I got it the day it was released. This is my absolutely favorite coral blush. It makes my fair NC20 skin glow. I have had it for a year and am not even close to running out. I will definitely repurchase for the rest of my life!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I recently received my 'A Fantasy of Flowers' version of Stereo Rose and I am quite smitten. I don't own it from the previous releases and was hoping for a nice peach colored sheen, however I ordered it sight unseen from MAC's website, and received a lovely coral, pinkish shade with light gold veining.

I was really hoping to be able to use this as a blush, but instead have found on my NW50/55 skin a glow that is akin to what I had long wished NARS Orgasm to be. Applied with with a blush brush, and blended out it gives a beautiful lit-from-within glow, but does not deposit any perceptible color. On fairer skin, I imagine that your undertones will determine whether this reads pink or peach.

I applied it in a 'C' shape, from my temples down to my cheeks, and also to the inner corners of my eyes for a subtle appearance of brightness. The finish isn't sparkly, but it certainly is frosty and absolutely emphasizes pores. Wear time is about 6/7 hours.

I would definitely pick this up if you're looking for a nice highlighter/blush, and hope that if MAC opts to include this again in another collection, make it deeper. I paid $30 and would most certainly buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

IF YOU EVER ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO COME ACROSS THIS PRODUCT YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO PURCHASE IT! This has to be one if the most, if not the most versatile MSF I own. The one thing I love about it is that it works for EVERYONE. For more fair completions it's great as a blush, same for darker complexions and depending on how applied can be used as a highlight. This is definitely one of my most treasures Mac products ❤️

I personally am a HUGE fan of the MAC MSFs. I was so excited when this came out with the Apres Chic collection because I didn't have anything like it in my collection. I also thought it would be great for a summer sun kissed look! When I received it I thought it was gorgeous in the packaging alone! It comes in the standard MAC MSF packaging. Being that it sold out so fast on the MAC website I purchased mine on the Nordstrom site where it also sold out quick. When I got it, it was my go to shade for blush/highlight. The MSFs are so versatile that they can be worn as shadow, blush, or highlight. Right away I received so many complements on my glowy skin when I wore it as a blush. I was super excited about this product, but about 5-6 hours through my day the product oxidized into my skin so bad that I just looked like an oily mess. I tried wearing it over a beauty powder also from MAC in the shade Shell Pearl and applied it very lightly almost just as a highlight and it lasted all day once I set it with a powder. This is what worked for me. I didn't want to let the product just sit and waste away I had to find what worked for me and my skin (I have combination skin) Overall I am satisfied with the MSF, not nearly as excited or happy about it as I was waiting to receive it. Wouldn't purchase again only because this is a product that will last me quite some time being that I don't wear it everyday! Hope this helps ladies!

I've had a chance to purchase twice during its re-release and I have to say, I'm not a fan. The original is far superior in terms of colour and finish. While I know MSFs can vary depending on veining, I have found the new releases to be much more frosted and on the peachy side compared to the original. The original was much softer, with a golden pink shade and had a slight sheen---which offered a nice healthy glow to the cheeks. I will not re-purchase these again as I don't think they will ever compare to the original.
The re-releases are nice in colour but calling them Stereo Rose is an insult to the original. Nice try MAC.

I love this skin finish so much! Got the last one at my local counter. tried in on when I got home with NO makeup on and i have to say its the most beautiful natural color that I have ever used. I dont think people need to worry about backups, my first skin finish from over 3 years ago I haven't even hit pan in yet. LOVELOVELOVE! HG for sure

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've had 2 different Stereo Rose MSFs and both were too dark to be a highlight & too frosty to be a cheek color. Plus, they looked "dirty" on me. With the first one, I thought that it was due to the marbling or batch. Then, when I used another one with different marbling from a different batch, that ended up looking exactly the same on me, I thought that it was because of my C5/NC42 coloring. BUT, now that I've read some reviews from people with fair to dark complexions, that mention this looking frosty and/or dirty on them, I don't have a clue as to why Stereo Rose has this effect on us. To anyone that has had these problems AND those dying to get their hands on Stereo Rose, I STRONGLY SUGGEST TRYING MILANI'S ROSE D'ORO BAKED BLUSH. It's cheaper, easier to get a hold of and everything that I wanted/expected Stereo Rose to be. Big THANKS to bloominbeautyblog.com for bringing Rose D'Oro's likeness to Stereo Rose to my attention.