MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.4

amazing product.... such a pretty color and a subtle frost finish... i am light medium and i use it as a blush as well as a highlighter... can be worn in day(ofc with a soft hand)..and night...
only problem was that it did emphasize my pores.. :(
other than that everything about it is pretty... wear time is also long enough ..i would say about 5-6 hrs..
definitely would buy again if ran out of it but that aint gonna happen, because i don't think anybody can finish this huge amount in one pan in a single lifetime...haha

I get compliments every time I wear this skinfinish by MAC. Stereo Rose is more a blush than a highlighter to me - and that is how I use it. I lightly sweep it up my cheekbone just above my bronzer and it leaves a nice sheer swatch of color. Even though I am older, I do not notice that this settles into lines such that it looks inappropriate for my age. I bought this when MAC had it out again with one of their collections because everyone was raving about it on line and I am glad I did! One will last a long time, if not a lifetime!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was actually gonna pass on this item when I heard it was being repromoted, all the hype made me not want to buy it. But I went into my mac store and fell in love. It is such a pretty soft peachy pink color and it applies so smoothly. However I do not think it is worth paying over retail price on ebay.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this really is worth the hype.
the lady @ the mac counter said it would give you a goddess type glow.
she was 110% correct! it is the perfect mix of gold and coral... fantastic.
the only thing i did notice is that the top of the msf gives you a nice color than later down.... still fantastic!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for a friend since she was unable to get it for herself when it was released, and she let me use it until we were able to meet up (great friend!). I didn't have the money at the time to buy one for myself, so I was worried I would love it after trying hers and forever regret it. I admit I was also very curious because of the hype...who wasn't?!

I am very pleased and relieved to report that I absolutely hated this product on me. It was way, way too burnt orangey on me. I've found that warm blushes look best on me (I have red hair) so I was surprised this looked so awful, even with light application with a 187. Looking at photos I took in natural light that day of wearing it...they were all ruined (as far as I'm concerned) because my cheeks looked terrible. Not flattering at all on my extremely fair skin.

As far as MSFs go though, this is a nice one. Nice smooth texture, minimal shimmer, no glitter chunks. It's also pigmented enough to use alone as a blush. That's where it earned its 2 lipsticks from. It just looked so bad on me. For such a hyped up product, I can only see this working on some people - it's definitely not universally flattering, in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG blush! I missed out on the chance to purchase, but managed to find it through a swap with an awesome MUAer. It gives a lovely flush to my NC25 skin and I adore the hint of shimmer. It's definitely not too glittery or over the top. I reach for it often and use it as part of my neutral, everyday look. There seems to be a ton of product in the pan and I don't see it running out anytime soon. I certainly hope it comes back!!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

When I went to the MAC counter to check this out, the MA applied way to much and it looked really metallic and shiny so I decided against buying it even though they only had 2 in stock. However, since I was making other MAC purchases I just got it b/c I knew I could just return/swap if I wanted to. When I got home, I tried it on with a MAC 129 and applied with a light hand and it looked gorgeous! I am NC42 and this was just a light coral sheen across the apples of my cheeks. It's very easy to make it look metallic, but with a light hand, its perfect. I am glad I didn't miss out on it. Should you break the back for this? Probably not. I am sure that MAC will re-release this as they do with their other products (AHEM FELINE EYE KOHL IM TALKING ABOUT YOU)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

SO i saw all the hype over this MSF and decided to get my hands on one. There is still plenty out here in HK so for those who couldn't get their hands on one of these try getting it in HK (family/friends).

As for the product itself, I'm not too sure if it has lived up the hype. Yes it is a pretty coral colour (and coral being THE colour this summer) but I'm just not too sure how well it will look on different skin tones. I'm a NC25-30 and i could just barely carry this blush without looking too overly bronzed. it has this shimmery effect on your face that makes you look dewy but sometimes when i just want some natural colour on the cheek i feel like its a bit too much.

It lasts about 4-5 hours. Maybe I should give it another chance before getting into any conclusion but as of now im giving it a 3/5 overall!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I think this product lives up to the hype *if* you have the right skintone for it. Works best for warm-toned, medium-dark beauties, and lighter skinned folk should apply with a light hand. The color is a gorgeous coral, and if you're into MSF's this is a must -- it's the only coral MSF out there, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

I, for one, am smitten. But if you're into really subtle I don't think Stereo Rose is for you.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I jumped on the lemming bandwagon, but only after I'd seen a few swatches from euro bloggers who got their hands on this before it came out in North America. So, I knew exactly what I was getting. :)

That said, it looks even better in person, on my cheeks. On me (NW20) it's a glowy peach with a bit of a gold tinge. There's no bronze on me whatsoever. Today I wanted to do a really bright peachy cheek so I put this from cheek back up the cheekbone and added Foolish Me blush on the apples. I love the summery way this makes me look!

**edit** I took one lippie off because of staying power. I put it on yesterday at noon, and when I got home at midnight it had basically disappeared!