MAC Cosmetics Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've had 2 different Stereo Rose MSFs and both were too dark to be a highlight & too frosty to be a cheek color. Plus, they looked "dirty" on me. With the first one, I thought that it was due to the marbling or batch. Then, when I used another one with different marbling from a different batch, that ended up looking exactly the same on me, I thought that it was because of my C5/NC42 coloring. BUT, now that I've read some reviews from people with fair to dark complexions, that mention this looking frosty and/or dirty on them, I don't have a clue as to why Stereo Rose has this effect on us. To anyone that has had these problems AND those dying to get their hands on Stereo Rose, I STRONGLY SUGGEST TRYING MILANI'S ROSE D'ORO BAKED BLUSH. It's cheaper, easier to get a hold of and everything that I wanted/expected Stereo Rose to be. Big THANKS to bloominbeautyblog.com for bringing Rose D'Oro's likeness to Stereo Rose to my attention.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I made the mistake of ordering Stereo Rose online before I saw it in real life at the mac counter...even the MUA said she didn't like how it swatched on my cheeks. I hate it and would like to get rid of its royal frostiness with whomever cares. Email me at riggs_79@yahoo.co.uk to negotiate. Please hurry as I would like to get rid of it Asap. Oh and its unopened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I guess Im in the minority here. Looks pretty in the pan, but this is too cool toned and light for me. Doesnt do anything for my brown complexion, and is still sitting in its box. I could probabaly sell it and make good money since its a hot item, lol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for a friend since she was unable to get it for herself when it was released, and she let me use it until we were able to meet up (great friend!). I didn't have the money at the time to buy one for myself, so I was worried I would love it after trying hers and forever regret it. I admit I was also very curious because of the hype...who wasn't?!

I am very pleased and relieved to report that I absolutely hated this product on me. It was way, way too burnt orangey on me. I've found that warm blushes look best on me (I have red hair) so I was surprised this looked so awful, even with light application with a 187. Looking at photos I took in natural light that day of wearing it...they were all ruined (as far as I'm concerned) because my cheeks looked terrible. Not flattering at all on my extremely fair skin.

As far as MSFs go though, this is a nice one. Nice smooth texture, minimal shimmer, no glitter chunks. It's also pigmented enough to use alone as a blush. That's where it earned its 2 lipsticks from. It just looked so bad on me. For such a hyped up product, I can only see this working on some people - it's definitely not universally flattering, in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This color is way too reddish for my skin tone. And I don't see what all the hype is about. I feel like this is very similar to the Redhead MSF. The reason I don't really like it is because it makes my cheeks look kind of reddish and I end up looking drunk, which is NOT a look I'm going for.

I wanted this MSF for soooo long, so when it was re-released with In The Groove, I rushed to the MAC counter the day it came out and secured my very own Stereo Rose. Boy, was it a disappointment. The name "Stereo Rose" is very misleading; there's no rose to be had in this orange/bronze MSF. On the bright side, I did like the consistency (no chunky glitter) and pigmentation, which showed up on my NW15 skin with just one swipe (in stark contrast to some other MSFs, like By Candlelight).

I gave this 2 lippies because I can see this being an HG for someone more warm-toned looking or even a cool-toned girl looking for a bronzer. However, I was looking for a coral blush, and this is definitely too brownish for that. Back to the MAC counter it went.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

While this looks pretty in the compact it doesn't look all that great on my face. It looks like any other coral blush with a slight metallic sheen. I don't hate it or love it and have to be selective about when I want to wear it. If I do a slight dusting of it, it looks ok, when I get a little heavy handed it starts to look muddy. I don't have this problem with other coral blushes.

So yea, that's me not understanding the whole hype with this product. Maybe someday in the future I may dig it out of my drawer and love it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't get what the hype is with this, and honestly after trying it, it is not suitable for my fair complexion. I don't know why so many people are going crazy over this because it seems too dark for a lot of people. Even the MAC SA counter thought so. The actual product is pretty, and if I had medium to dark skin, I could totally see trying to obtain one. But on me, it was very dirty and brown. I prefer Petticoat better!

Funny story.... the MAC SA said that this morning, there were 3 ladies waiting when the counter opened. They all wanted Stereo Rose. Well, they only got in 2. That SUCKS for the 3rd lady.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It looks really good in the pan but it barely came out on my nc44-45 skin. I really wanted to use it as a blush because its a pretty colour, but it barely showed up on my skin, so i loaded it up and layered it on, when it finally showed up it was really frosty (because I had to use so much) very light pink/red colour. It didn't look good on me, it looked patchy and frosty. I could make it work by using it over a blush, but its not worth it for 19.50 just for that purpose. I already have by candlight and beauty powder in shell pearl for that. However I think it would look amazing on lighter skin tones, it would be less frosty (when i applied it lightly it gave a sheen not frost effect) and more pigmented.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not impressed at all....so frosty!
There are much better products out there and much cheaper!