MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by age: 44-55

4.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just got this in a swap, and I know that I was very fortunate to have laid my hands on it. I can see why everyone wants it; its so different from all the other MSFs that have ever been released. For the past few years it seems like all the MSFs have been either neutral toned and sheer (Refined, By Candlelight, etc.) or in the gold/bronze/brown family. (Well, Porcelain Pink is pink, but didn't look like anything on me.) This one is unique because its distinctly coral (looks scary orange in the pan) and goes on like a frosty bright peach blush. Pro: the color is gorgeous, brightens up my cheeks, goes well over a bit of bronzer or a neutral matte blush. Cons: very shimmery (perhaps too shimmery for over-40 skin); easy to over-do if you already have shimmer on your face; does not last all day on me. And, like other MSFs, because of the packaging, not practical to carry around for touch-ups. I wish that MAC would release this someday as a Mineralize blush. That would be cool! I would definitely buy it. MAC people--are you reading this?

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Just received this in a swap and OMG, I love it! I'm NC40, applying NARS Laguna as a contour with Stereo Rose as a blush/highlighter, and WOW, what a perfect, healthy glow. This is what I thought NARS Orgasm would look like, but it didn't - at least not for me - it was a little too light. I would definitely purchase this again. Too bad it's limited edition.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Ok, I admit, I gave into the hype surrounding this product. I wanted it and called one Pro Store and 2 counters until I found it. Like another reviewer, I got mine because someone forgot to pick up their hold and the time had expired. I got this and By Candlelight. Being a PPP, this is definitely a blush for me. I love coral blushes and this is similar to Coralista, Orgasm, etc. However, Stereo Rose has a bit more of an orangey tone to it. I have to pair it with a deeper toned lipstick to make it look right. Also, I have to apply it with a "skunk"/stippling brush, as applied with a blush brush it's too strong. It is pretty, but much like other MUAers who got it this time around, I am kind of wondering what all the excitement was about. Perhaps if I had gotten it the first time around, I'd understand better. I wouldn't say anyone "needs" this, but if you want a pretty coraly/orangey blush, I'd say go for it. Also, these are good value for the money, they last forever. So for $28, you may have something that will last you 3-4 yrs, even with frequent use. Can't say I'd buy it again, because it was LE & MAC may or may not re-issue it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is truly THE MOST BEAUTIFUL blush of all time....it gives the loveliest, most natural-looking flush to the cheeks I have ever seen. Stereo Rose is a unique color; I don't know why, but it is. Coral laced with gold as a reviewer said below and that is correct. But MAC, must you put us through your LE torture yet again? I know, I know, life is not fair. Still, it seems cruel and unusual punishment to me. Respectfully submitted, colormepink
ONE-MONTH-EDIT: I have been wearing this almost *every day*! I now have enough back-ups to last my heirs into perpetuity. Anybody mean to me gets no Stereo Rose in my will. Did I mention that THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BLUSH OF ALL TIME? Respectfully submitted, colormepink

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Just love this one! It looks scary in the compact, if you don't like bright blushes, but actually, it comes out really nice and light on the skin. Makes you look like you're glowing from within. I bought the #187 stippling brush to apply it, and yes, all the faves have been right - it's a great brush to use with the skinfinishes. I can see myself using this almost everyday now.