MAC Little Minx

No Image

3.7

on 4/20/2006 12:08:00 AM

This was one of my first MAC buys, so I may be biased when I say I really like it. Little Minx is a mid-toned bluish-purple that has a hint of irridescence which shows in the pot but not on the eyelid. It's muted but as a review below mentioned it's not muted much, just enough to keep it from being a screaming colour.

At first when I tried applying it the e/s seemed so sheer and I was quite disappointed. Even w/ UD PP I couldn't see much, but I only had the 217 brush. Using the 239 helped a lot! Recently, I love it with Violet Underground eye khol under it. I also use it with Kischmas pigment on top as my alternative to Iris Print, which I hear looks great but it chalky and difficult to work with. I'll be trying it with Iris Accents Softsparkle pencil soon.

I'd repurchase but it doesn't look like I'll be going through this that quickly; since my e/s collection is growing, it hasn't got as much attention! For reference, I'm Chinese, NC35.

I'm surprised this shadow isn't more popular! I was not terribly impressed with the Rebelrock collection so I never really looked at this one when it was in stores. But I just saw it at a CCO and had to get it! I have a LOT of purples, but none very similar to this. Little Minx is a lightish mid-tone bluish purple with a little grey in it. It's not bold screaming bright purple, but it's not too muted either. I really like it because it works well to add a pop of color to a neutral grey/taupe look or with other purples for something more intense. I'm wearing it right now on the lid with Mystical Mist in the crease and outer third, Nocturnelle to line on the top, and Violet Underground e/k to line on the bottom. I love this color! It probably is a difficult color to wear because it is so cool-- but I'm very pale and cool-toned (NW-15) with black hair and brown eyes-- and it looks GREAT on me. So if you have similar coloring and like purples-- go find this and buy it ASAP!

on 3/22/2006 1:01:00 AM

I bought this product from an outlet store for a cheaper price vs. the retail price (so that's a perk :) ). I like the color, but I definitely have to use Urban Decay's primer/potion to make sure it will stay put. I use it with MAC's Pro Colour in Periwinkle and it gives my brown eyes a nice look, but nothing too out there.

on 1/19/2006 8:04:00 PM

Hmmm...I'm on the fence with this one. It is a VERY pretty purple color...looks gorgeous as a wash or paired with another purple like Parfait Amour. My only complaint is that I have over 40 MAC eyeshadows and this one just doesn't seem very versatile. I guess if I had more ideas for it, I would like it better.

on 8/31/2005 5:48:00 PM

This is a beautiful shade, pale purple-y gray. On my pale skin, it makes my green eyes stand out really well. I've used it with Iris Eyes Fluidline which really makes the green come out. I've also used it with Idol Eyes over it, then, it becomes a really standout lavender/gray. I wouldn't repurchase because I'll probably have it for years.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Little Minx is a purple with blue/grey undertones, I can't really see the pink shimmers when I use it on my lids. I returned it because this shade wasn't enough pigmented and too powdery (Chalky, doesn't stick on the skin, even with a Paint). I tried it with Mixing Medium, but it was too thick, I wasn't able to blend it. Yuck!

on 8/19/2005 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I found the color pleasing but generally unremarkable. I do not dislike this one but I am not sure that I would run right out and repurchase it either. I used this w/Li'Lily on the lid, Little Minx in the crease and Anti-Establishment to line. This combo looked nice but not smashing. The e/s itself is smooth in texture and well pigmented. Personally I think this one will look awesome used w/Moth Brown so that will be my next experiment w/this particular color. It may also stand out more if used w/Non-Conformist fluidline.

on 8/1/2005 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Yuck. I do not like this color at all. Don't see how it could look good on anyone.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Blue-based purples just don't work for me. With my colouring (blonde hair/blue eyes) it just seems to give me a bruised effect and take away from my blue eyes. I thought this looked really cool on the back of my hand, but not on my lids. It's just not unique enough to use as a liner only. Not a fan of the Little Minx at all.

I originally wrote a review a few days ago, but I deleted it since my thoughts have totally changed on this shadow. This is a bluish/violet colored shadow that blends easily. I love the color of this shadow. It brings out the color of my green/hazel eyes. Even though this is a LE, it is not unique enough to buy a back up. There are other colors that are similar out there.