FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this polish because it is not too thin and not too thick. In other words, it's the ideal consistency for a lovely manicure, IMHO. I have tried this product in A-cry-lic a Girl, which is a bright, Barbie pink. It wears amazingly well and does not chip unless I forget to apply a top coat. I typically have to remove this stuff because my nails have grown out and are bare at the base rather than because the polish is wearing off or chipping.

on 8/6/2013 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really want to like this brand. I really do. The colors I've seen are absolutely gorgeous, and the ones that I bought are really easy to apply and don't require many coats. The polish also dries very fast, which is good for impatient people like me.
The problems start about a day later, when it starts chipping. Sometimes it doesn't even take a full 24 hours! Even with a good Essie base coat and SV top coat, it chips like crazy!
This isn't specific to one or two colors, since I bought a bunch at once at Sally's (they were having a pretty good sale, and the polish itself is pretty cheap) and have since tested them all out, having the same exact problem with them all.
I wouldn't recommend this brand unless you're ok with touching your nails up every few hours.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

on 11/2/2011 11:27:00 AM

I just love finding out which companies make what products, and in make-up, the overlap is head-spinning. So many companies putting out the high end products or the "professional" products also put out the less marketed lines--the same company that makes Chanel makes Bourjois, for example, L'Oreal owns almost all the make-up lines in the drug store or the department store, and now, OPI owns Finger Paints. Oh, wait, OPI does not in fact own Finger Paints (I missed the review where this was clarified, so excuse my mistake). Any way, it's quite a price difference between OPI and FP, and in my opinion, a huge performance difference as well.

I picked up a Finger Paints Cordur-Orange nail polish the other day at Sally's and put it on yesterday. The colour looks like a rich pumpkin orange in the bottle but it does develop and becomes richer as it dries, so it isn't the colour in the bottle--it's better than the colour in the bottle, a beautiful deep persimmon shade that says "fall" so clearly. It's a polish with some density--so if you don't like that, it's easily thinned out with a couple of drops of nail polish thinner. I found the thickness gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of applying it well. I put on two coats but in all honesty the polish is so saturated with pigment that one coat was opaque enough. The second coat covered any imperfect application, and in the end the product dried quickly and as smooth as glass. It's a gorgeous, glossy shade, a really good product (so much better than OPI could ever hope to be, and I'm tired of knowing I will always have to apply at least 3 coats of OPI to get the colour I want).

So far, it's wearing beautifully. And I expect it to last. I'll update on how it manages over the next little while--I expect at least 5 days every manicure (I do use an Orly base coat and one coat of Sally Hansen nude top coat) and I do not wear gloves to do dishes, shower, or swim. So we'll see how this fares.

Oh! I don't want to leave out the fact that the price is obscenely low, as I got this bottle on sale for 1.99. I will definitely be looking for new shades in this line from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have these polishes in "black expressionism" and "papier mache"(aka "black" and "white") and I also have the Fingerpaints topcoat. I wasn't really impressed with the topcoat-the coverage & the shine just doesn't compare to my beloved Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Topcoat...but the black and white polishes were PHENOMENAL! BOTH colors went on so smoothly-no streaks at all, which is very impressive considering black & white polishes can be difficult to apply-AND both colors went on completely opaque with just 1 coat!! These are definitely my new go-tos for black & white (my 2 favorite basecolors for nail art projects). Haven't tried other colors yet but i'm planning on it!

on 11/21/2010 7:25:00 AM

This polish goes on smoothly and dries pretty quick but it only lasts a day, 2 max. I don't have time to paint my nails every day so it looks like I will have to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy a bottle of OPI to get pretty painted nails.

on 8/28/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have 6 of these: Art of Theft, Easel-y Entertained, Signed in Wine, Merry Mittens, Amethyst Atelier, and Scenery Greenery. Art of Theft is really easy to find dupes for. Easel-y Entertained is a gorgeous glitter polish in the bottle. On the nail it's very weird; it dries matte unless you really layer t/c over it (like several layers). Signed in Wine is nice, but for some reason the formula on this one isn't as good as Art of Theft; a bit streaky. Merry Mittens, Amethyst Atelier, and Scenery Greenery are all perfect really; zero complaints there.

on 6/24/2010 12:22:00 PM

I put Gossamer White (a pale pink) on my finger nails on Saturday and they are still pristine on Thursday. That beats any other polish's no-chip record by DAYS. I give this product two HUGE thumbs up! It went on well, has nice coverage, and this color is perfect. I will be ditching OPI forever!!

on 11/5/2009 9:14:00 PM

I got Pink Imagination and Putty in my Hands today. I have Putty on now and absolutely love the color on me.The coverage is great, I actually liked the color from just one coat better but went for 2 and like it too...just a little deeper. It went on very smoothly, great consistency. There were so many colors that I wanted but I held it to 2. Pink Imagination looks so similar to OPI Princesses Rule that I nabbed the last bottle on the shelf. Then I found out ladies, that Finger Paints are made by OPI. This was revealed by a card in a shipping box. I'll be back with the real review of Finger Paints on Monday. I work weekends and my hands are in water a lot over the course of 38 hours. Most polishes don't hold up to it. We'll see!

Monday: The polish did wear well. No peeling, no chips. It did wear off on the tips. This was through numerous hand washings,food prep and washing of. 5 showers (even under gloves there is wear),and several dish washings. It was really hard for me to resist adding a coat every day:) as this is my habit.
I read the above comment . There is more to the article than that. Evidently this is a rumor that circulates through Sally's employees as that is alluded to in the article. http://theedgeofsanity.org/?p=2642 .There is the addy to read the whole thing. I did not mean to mislead anybody. I was told this by a sales lady at Sally's. I am sorry. But passing by all the silliness, this is indeed good nail polish and holds up very well. I can believe a manicure lasting a week without the torture my nails get at work.

Consensus is...good stuff! Next time I buy polish it will be Finger Paints.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

FingerPaints nail polishes are WONDERFUL. I only have 3 of these, but I can't wait to get some more. They all apply super smoothly (no issues whatsoever), and don't bubble up after applying. The formula is great too; two out of the three that I own are completely opaque in one coat. They dried quickly and lasted a good amount of time with a base coat and top coat. What's not to love? Even the bottle is cute.
The only problem with FingerPaints is that they don't really have a great color selection. 80% of their polishes are red or pink. =/

Popular Polishes