FingerPaints FingerPaints

4.3

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

on 2/17/2014 10:17:00 AM

URGH! This polish frustrates me so much. First off, the packaging - I've had three colors from this line and ALL OF THEM had the same packaging design flaw. You have to be the Incredible Hulk to unscrew them!!!

Second, the formulation - very goopy and runny at the same time. I like a thicker formula if it stays put, but this one is odd. It's thick and runs/bleeds.

The pigmentation is amazing, almost all of the shades can be worn with one coat, but I just can't get past the gloopy formula.

I'm really disappointed with these and will not repurchase any more.

on 6/9/2012 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've seen the FingerPaints brand at Sally's but never bothered buying any, the colors were ok probably because I already have a nail polish collection and the colors on display seemed too familiar. BUT, I was weak last time while at Sally's and bought one FP bottle on sale and got second free. The dark indigo blue "Art You Blue?" and a nice warm chocolate "It Baroque". The indigo blue is nice as is but I loved it even better when I applied a layer of matte top coat. The brown color **reminds** a lot of Quo "Coffee and Cream" and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys.
I'm not sure yet if I would use my FP picks too often as they are "ok" colors, I bought them because I wanted to try the brand and I was really happy with application: 2 coats creamer, dried fast, the everage wear power 4-5 days with mild chipping. Nothing over the top but NOT disappointing at all. : )

Bottom line: if OR when FP brand releases some unusual colors in the market I probably would buy them.

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

on 11/6/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was at Sally's and never heard of this brand and decided to give it a try. I'm SO IMPRESSED! Doesn't chip and is VERY long lasting. I did put on a base coat (CND stickey) and top coat (Seche Vite) It's been almost a month and still looking good. Move over OPI this Finger Paints could have something on you.

I got this polish in Mystery muse and it is a lovely shade. It is a metallic purple/pink. I think that is wears well I used 2 coats and that seemed to cover my nails well. I noticed it does chip easily but for the price it is not a bad polish

on 2/28/2009 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These polishes apply flawlessly, the texture is just perfect and they wear very well. You can't beat the price, especially with a Sally card. Gorgeous colors too. I had thought I had to pay a lot of money for high quality polishes, I am so happy I found this brand and it proved me wrong.

I have Finger Paints in several colors but Gossamer White is my all-time favorite. I continually go back to the polish because it provides such a great neutral/nude shade. It applies well, has great coverage, and is a staple at home and when I travel! When I need to have something that looks nice without being distracting, this is it!!

on 12/17/2007 2:54:00 PM

I love finger nail polish in general and I love FingerPaints because they have great colors, with the fun names, and they are a good price. Especially when they are on sale. I have the new holiday red sparkle, can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it is fabulous! I can't wait to see the next round of new colors.

on 10/25/2007 11:56:00 AM

I'm running out to buy more of these today. Sketch Me If You Can is such a pretty bright corally color but not over the top, i would never have purchased this color if it hadn't been on sale and am so surprised to find that I love it. It applies like a dream, so smooth and creamy. I found it to dry rather quickly too.

Popular Polishes