FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

2.9

on 2/23/2016 1:57:00 PM

FingerPaints is a good brand. Affordable, high quality nail polish and a wide color selection. It's only sold at Sally's Beauty Supply though. I understand that it's their in-house brand.

My favorites from FP are Black Expressionism (an excellent black creme), Colorful Collage (a gorgeous glitter topper) and their range of neon polishes. I own about 10-12 FingerPaints in total.

If you've never tried anything from FP, I recommend you check them out. They're worth a look, and at $5.49 a bottle they're cheaper than OPI and Essie.

I like their polishes and I plan to continue buying them in the future.

on 7/8/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to be girly and paint my nails with this fabulous pinky polish named Brushstroke Blush. What began as "me time" ended with me calling my boyfriend, exclaiming how much I hate being girl at times! The polish is goopy, yet runny and the brush just intensifies the problem by creating a streaky mess.

In order to salvage the rest of my femininity, I added nail polish thinner as prescribed by the directions on the back of the bottle. "Add a few drops to polish" quickly became add a huge squirt of the stuff. Finally, the polish achieved a better consistency and I no longer possess the look as if I'm a kindergartner with no boundary control.

Now that I know what I know, I will probably only buy again if the stuff is on sale and/or the color rocks.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised by some of the lower ratings. I found this particular polish- (a drugstore nail polish no less) long-wearing, and reasonably priced.

I purchased this particular nail polish at a local Sally's. They were having a sale, and I chose the colour: " Crystalline Crush" for 99 cents. I would describe this colour as a beautiful cool toned champagne with chunky chrome glitter and part of the "Shredded Chrome Collection". What I loved about this particular nail polish is that although it's a "chunky glitter". It glides on smoothly, and takes approximate a minute, to dry. I used the RubyKisses base and top coats ( which are drugstore brands), and so far I am on my third day with no chips.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a problem with this polish. The irony is that "salon brands" such as OPI, Essie, etc. tend to be gooey, takes a long time to dry, chips withing a few hours, and aren't particularly "cheap" or "good quality" in my opinion. I don't judge a nail polish by their brand, as this was kind of a spontaneous purchase, but I can tell you that this is a winner in my book.

on 12/27/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Like other reviewers here, I found this product at Sally Beauty Supply for fairly cheap. Thankfully I only bought one bottle (Signed in Wine), because it chipped the NEXT DAY, even with my Seche Vite base/top coat. I'm sure the problem is the nail polish quality. I really like the color, but it's worthless if I've got to re-paint or touch up my nails everyday.

I bought Paper Mache (PM) and Gossamer White (GW) for $6 CDN at Sally's because I read that they were dupes for OPI's Alpine Snow and Bubble Bath. I don't own those OPI shades so I can't compare them. What I can say is that the formula of Finger Paints is rather on the thick side. Applying GW gave me a headache, it was just too sheer, streaky, bubbly, and goopy & I gave up after the 4th coat because I still could not get it even. In addition, it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry. I don't know if it's just that shade/bottle but I used PM (2 coats) for french tips, it did the job well and lasted me 5 days before peeling. The brush is the typical thin brush applicator, nothing special. The bottle is bit hard to hold on to since it's really round and slippy. I believe there are better brands with better formulas out there.

on 5/7/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FingerPaints Nail Polishes are sold in Sally Beauty Supply Stores and have a wide, wide range of colors and finishes. They release new collections a few times a year so there's always something different to try. I find the quality of these products to be as good as (and in some cases better than) my Holy-Grail line which is OPI. The wear time is very good at five to six days with no chipping or crazing with basecoat, topcoat, and Seche Vite. All in all, I definitely keep an eye out for the new collections and would recommend this line.

on 2/14/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good range of colors but the product itself is terrible! Chipped within a few hours of painting even with a good topcoat on. Color also dried darker which I was bummed about. Don't waste your time or money with this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I find the quality to be poor. Always chips within 24 hours, even if using base and top coats. I find better durability with even the cheapest of drugstore brands. All of the creams I have tried dry to a really dull finish. They really do end up looking like the finger paints you use as a kid. Decent selection of colors, but as others have mentioned, they are easy to dupe. I hate the handle on these polishes. They are hard plastic, really smooth and taper at the top, so it's not the easiest top to open if you have closed it really tightly. It would be much easier to grip if it had a rubber top like Orly polishes, or if it were even just shaped differently.

on 4/22/2010 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have Artistic Azure, which is a royal blue with blue shimmer, and I would not buy this again. It's not the colour that was unimpressive because the colour is very nice. When removing the polish with nail polish remover, if you're not careful the blue will stain your finger tips as you wipe off the polish. I'm wearing this colour right now and when I take it off, it's going to look like I killed a smurf.

on 11/5/2009 9:58:00 PM

I have not tried the product but I just want to clear up this rumor about the maker. Please see the below statement from OPI :

Thank you for contacting us to get the proper information. We DO NOT make Fingerpaints nail polish and we do not sell to Sallys Beauty Supply Store.
As you stated we only make OPI and Nicole Nail Lacquer. We used to make Pawlish but have since discontinued the polish for dogs. The OPI polish is only sold to Salons and Beauty Supply stores where Nicole is now our retail brand and you can find it in stores such as Target or Wal-Mart. I hope this clarifies the information for you.

Popular Polishes