FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this polish because it is not too thin and not too thick. In other words, it's the ideal consistency for a lovely manicure, IMHO. I have tried this product in A-cry-lic a Girl, which is a bright, Barbie pink. It wears amazingly well and does not chip unless I forget to apply a top coat. I typically have to remove this stuff because my nails have grown out and are bare at the base rather than because the polish is wearing off or chipping.

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

on 6/9/2012 7:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've seen the FingerPaints brand at Sally's but never bothered buying any, the colors were ok probably because I already have a nail polish collection and the colors on display seemed too familiar. BUT, I was weak last time while at Sally's and bought one FP bottle on sale and got second free. The dark indigo blue "Art You Blue?" and a nice warm chocolate "It Baroque". The indigo blue is nice as is but I loved it even better when I applied a layer of matte top coat. The brown color **reminds** a lot of Quo "Coffee and Cream" and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys.
I'm not sure yet if I would use my FP picks too often as they are "ok" colors, I bought them because I wanted to try the brand and I was really happy with application: 2 coats creamer, dried fast, the everage wear power 4-5 days with mild chipping. Nothing over the top but NOT disappointing at all. : )

Bottom line: if OR when FP brand releases some unusual colors in the market I probably would buy them.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this nail polish! The one I own is in Gossamer White. It was free at Sally's Beauty with the purchase of two ion brilliance hair colors. So, I tried it today and the color is lovely! It is a nude pink. It is very forgiving. I do not apply nail polish well, applied about 3 coats, yet it still looks smooth and beautiful. This is my new favorite nail color. The best part is that I got it for free! :)
Edit: This nail color does not last very long at all! Be sure to have a great top coat with it. It chips like nobody's business!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Fingerpaints offers good quality and selection for the price, but the fact that they're only sold at one retailer in North America kinda makes it a pain in the butt. Regardless, they make a lot of really neat core and limited edition polishes that are long-lasting.

I bought Paper Mache (PM) and Gossamer White (GW) for $6 CDN at Sally's because I read that they were dupes for OPI's Alpine Snow and Bubble Bath. I don't own those OPI shades so I can't compare them. What I can say is that the formula of Finger Paints is rather on the thick side. Applying GW gave me a headache, it was just too sheer, streaky, bubbly, and goopy & I gave up after the 4th coat because I still could not get it even. In addition, it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry. I don't know if it's just that shade/bottle but I used PM (2 coats) for french tips, it did the job well and lasted me 5 days before peeling. The brush is the typical thin brush applicator, nothing special. The bottle is bit hard to hold on to since it's really round and slippy. I believe there are better brands with better formulas out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I find the quality to be poor. Always chips within 24 hours, even if using base and top coats. I find better durability with even the cheapest of drugstore brands. All of the creams I have tried dry to a really dull finish. They really do end up looking like the finger paints you use as a kid. Decent selection of colors, but as others have mentioned, they are easy to dupe. I hate the handle on these polishes. They are hard plastic, really smooth and taper at the top, so it's not the easiest top to open if you have closed it really tightly. It would be much easier to grip if it had a rubber top like Orly polishes, or if it were even just shaped differently.

on 8/28/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have 6 of these: Art of Theft, Easel-y Entertained, Signed in Wine, Merry Mittens, Amethyst Atelier, and Scenery Greenery. Art of Theft is really easy to find dupes for. Easel-y Entertained is a gorgeous glitter polish in the bottle. On the nail it's very weird; it dries matte unless you really layer t/c over it (like several layers). Signed in Wine is nice, but for some reason the formula on this one isn't as good as Art of Theft; a bit streaky. Merry Mittens, Amethyst Atelier, and Scenery Greenery are all perfect really; zero complaints there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

on 11/5/2009 9:58:00 PM

I have not tried the product but I just want to clear up this rumor about the maker. Please see the below statement from OPI :

Thank you for contacting us to get the proper information. We DO NOT make Fingerpaints nail polish and we do not sell to Sally’s Beauty Supply Store.
As you stated we only make OPI and Nicole Nail Lacquer. We used to make Pawlish but have since discontinued the polish for dogs. The OPI polish is only sold to Salons and Beauty Supply stores where Nicole is now our retail brand and you can find it in stores such as Target or Wal-Mart. I hope this clarifies the information for you.

Popular Polishes